Lucid Accident

creair

DE Number
I had an collision with Lucid due to some stupid guy jumping a red light while I was turning. Airbags deployed and front end damagee ( anything in front of the crash bar gone) , glass cracked due to airbag and front hood damages. It might be a total loss.
Anyone know what insurance companies are using to calculate values since Nada and KBB don't have it or they are using money labels.

Thanks

USAA used a Tesla Model S as a "placeholder", but they accepted the higher work rates the repair shop charged for a Lucid vs the Model S.

I had an collision with Lucid due to some stupid guy jumping a red light while I was turning. Airbags deployed and front end damagee ( anything in front of the crash bar gone) , glass cracked due to airbag and front hood damages. It might be a total loss.
Anyone know what insurance companies are using to calculate values since Nada and KBB don't have it or they are using money labels.

Thanks
Could we have pictures? This seems very similar to @hmp10 s accident.

USAA quoted me around $130k based on my premium vs my other car, with a 20% additional coverage built into that value. This was unofficial of course.

USAA quoted me around $130k based on my premium vs my other car, with a 20% additional coverage built into that value. This was unofficial of course.

Usually insurance companies "total" a car when the projected repair cost exceeds 80% of current value.

Usually insurance companies "total" a car when the projected repair cost exceeds 80% of current value.
Let me clarify. This was for the value of the car, not totaling.

So the car is probably totalled, they will let me know tomorrow after internal talk if they are going to recommend further inspection of battery pack before making the conclusion. I'll keep posted on the valuations.
With EV they will total the vehicle if the battery pack has any crack .
Re: Photos , I don't have any clear ones but it's pretty much the front of the car in front of the crash bar gone. The shell is still intact with no frame damage.

So the car is probably totalled, they will let me know ...
Sorry for your loss. Seriously.

Of course the guy jumped the red light. It's not a law, its a mere suggestion and now, we all get to decide which rules apply to us, which rule we feel like following. Today.

A police captain told me an fantastical story. He was onsite investigating a bad intersection two car crash. Witnesses said driver in a new big car blantly ran the red light. He pulled her aside and asked: witnesses say you ran the red light. Her response: Yes, but, before I did I looked carefully to my right and left and did not see anyone. He again asked: but you ran the red light???? Again she said: yes but, I looked - can't be my fault- I looked - other driver must have been going too fast so I could not see her - guess it's both our fault............

Thanks
This sucks. I’m so sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear you were OK though? Any injuries?

Not that it helps you this time, but this is why I try to look for “agreed value” coverage in my insurance even if it’s a bit more expensive; especially on a car like this with very few comps.

You could try just looking at current sticker prices?

I once got into a crash where the other driver attempted to make a left turn in the middle of the block, right in front of me as I was driving past in the opposite direction. Literally turned right in front of me. Told the cops she had the right of way. That I had run the “light.”

“Mam,” they told her. “There is no light here. You are in the middle of the block.”

Sorry for your loss. Seriously.

Of course the guy jumped the red light. It's not a law, its a mere suggestion and now, we all get to decide which rules apply to us, which rule we feel like following. Today.

A police captain told me an fantastical story. He was onsite investigating a bad intersection two car crash. Witnesses said driver in a new big car blantly ran the red light. He pulled her aside and asked: witnesses say you ran the red light. Her response: Yes, but, before I did I looked carefully to my right and left and did not see anyone. He again asked: but you ran the red light???? Again she said: yes but, I looked - can't be my fault- I looked - other driver must have been going too fast so I could not see her - guess it's both our fault............
I went to puerto rico last week. On a night with many cars, every SINGLE LIGHT that we were at had multiple people running red lights. Interestingly, I saw that they were “checking if it was safe,” as you described.

My son was driving in the right most lane of a road that had six lanes plus a turn lane total (three each way, plus middle turn lane). The traffic was stopped in the middle and left lanes, but the right most lane my son was in was a right turn only lane and traffic still flowed. Some kid, even younger than my son, turning left from the other side, just turns in front of my son and hits him in the driver's side corner. Police show up, listen to the story. The kid says the other drivers in the two stopped lanes waved him through so it could not have been his fault. I can still hear the policeman now (I live close enough that I got there before the police), "son, you were 110% at fault, you were behind the wheel, not those other drivers") . Worst part was that the kid was from the north part of town, just turned 16, was in my part of town taking his girlfriend to dinner in an old Dodge Charger (late 60's) that he and his father had just finished restoring.

I also heard his dad talking to him on speaker phone as the police officer wanted to talk with him. He just told his son that it was his fault, he needed to learn from it and he hoped they could fix the car before graduation as it sounded like they would be doing the work themselves.

As far as running red lights though, it has become an epidemic of sorts. I NEVER just go when the light turns green any longer.

As far as running red lights though, it has become an epidemic of sorts. I NEVER just go when the light turns green any longer.
Yep. If I am first one at the red light, I always pause and look both ways when the light changes to see if any bozo is running it. Too many are these days!

Yep. If I am first one at the red light, I always pause and look both ways when the light changes to see if any bozo is running it. Too many are these days!

Years ago, I got hit in the rear doing that, waiting and looking. Lady behind me saw the light was green and just took off. Right into me.

When a school bus runs a red light, you know "the end is near.". I have seen several.

This sucks. I’m so sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear you were OK though? Any injuries?

Not that it helps you this time, but this is why I try to look for “agreed value” coverage in my insurance even if it’s a bit more expensive; especially on a car like this with very few comps.

You could try just looking at current sticker prices?
Nothing major other than airbag stuff. This is probably the first few accidents with Geico on the car. Everyone is clueless so waiting till Tuesday now

I usually do that too. This has pretty much given me PTSD so driving is kind of overly cautious currently. The bad part is it just puts extra work on my plate to handle the logistics, and at the same time not enjoying driving this car

Years ago, I got hit in the rear doing that, waiting and looking. Lady behind me saw the light was green and just took off. Right into me.

When a school bus runs a red light, you know "the end is near.". I have seen several.

Yep...feces can happen. But that accident will be a lot less damaging, to you, than some imbecile running the red light and hitting you at full speed.

Thanks
Did your front look something like this? I think mine is totaled, so I am curious as to the payout for yours (23' or 22' model year)?

Attachments

• PXL_20231112_185233904.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231112_185233904.MP.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 175
Did your front look something like this? I think mine is totaled, so I am curious as to the payout for yours (23' or 22' model year)?
Ok that is a horrific accident and it is almost surely totaled. When did this happen?

This week it occurred. We were rear ended and likely shoved into the car we hit in front of us.

The accident was truly non-eventful. None of us in the car felt anything with no airbags deployed.

Back