Love my new Touring, some questions about bugs/features

raj

Cars
Touring
Picked up my new Touring on Tuesday. It’s my first BEV and I am blown away by the performance and fit/finish. I loved quietly rolling out of my drive this morning without waking up the neighborhood!

I have a few minor questions and one big issue for me:

There is a constant very high pitched whine from the front that sounds like tinnitus. It wasn’t there in the test vehicle. I actually like the normal electric motor sound but this is in addition to that. It is constant when moving, not just when accelerating. Admittedly I have self-diagnosed Misophonia, I’m probably more sensitive to this than most, but even my 80 year old mom noticed it, despite trying not to say anything negative about my new purchase!

Is this common? What reaction have people had when raising this with service centers? I’ve seen similar issues on some Tesla threads where they get the standard Tesla “with spec” response. Is there a way to measure it so that it isn’t just my anecdote?

Other questions:

Are there USB connections in the rear?

Are there any coat hooks in the rear?

Is there a way to display music controls, or at least the current song artist/title, while navigation is displayed?

Thanks!!

Picked up my new Touring on Tuesday. It’s my first BEV and I am blown away by the performance and fit/finish. I loved quietly rolling out of my drive this morning without waking up the neighborhood!

I have a few minor questions and one big issue for me:

There is a constant very high pitched whine from the front that sounds like tinnitus. It wasn’t there in the test vehicle. I actually like the normal electric motor sound but this is in addition to that. It is constant when moving, not just when accelerating. Admittedly I have self-diagnosed Misophonia, I’m probably more sensitive to this than most, but even my 80 year old mom noticed it, despite trying not to say anything negative about my new purchase!

Is this common? What reaction have people had when raising this with service centers? I’ve seen similar issues on some Tesla threads where they get the standard Tesla “with spec” response. Is there a way to measure it so that it isn’t just my anecdote?

Other questions:

Are there USB connections in the rear?

Are there any coat hooks in the rear?

Is there a way to display music controls, or at least the current song artist/title, while navigation is displayed?

Thanks!!
If it’s not the motor whine, I don’t think that’s normal. I do occasionally hear a noise from the screens, but usually only while stopped. When moving, it’s not loud enough for me to notice.

No coat hooks. But the rear handles make for decent coat hooks.

There are two USB-C ports in the back. For rear passenger charging. In the center console under the screen.

The only way to get current song while navigating currently is to switch the right cockpit panel to music. At that point, your next turn will still display in the center console, but you will lose the map. Lucid has said in the past they are working on a more “multitasking” approach for future iterations.

Reactions: raj
Is it the seat ventilation? I hear that all the time when it's on. Screen brightness? Try adjusting the brightness slider.

Is it the seat ventilation? I hear that all the time when it's on. Screen brightness? Try adjusting the brightness slider.
You were right about the screens! They were set at about mid-level, taking the brightness all the way down reduced it enough that I can’t hear it over driving.

How crazy though, is there a fix for this?

If it’s not the motor whine, I don’t think that’s normal. I do occasionally hear a noise from the screens, but usually only while stopped. When moving, it’s not loud enough for me to notice.

No coat hooks. But the rear handles make for decent coat hooks.

There are two USB-C ports in the back. For rear passenger charging. In the center console under the screen.

The only way to get current song while navigating currently is to switch the right cockpit panel to music. At that point, your next turn will still display in the center console, but you will lose the map. Lucid has said in the past they are working on a more “multitasking” approach for future iterations.
You were correct that the noise was coming from the screens! Putting the slider down to minimum made it less intrusive. Thanks

Back