• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Lost Mileage

I have been driving The Lucid GT for almost 4 months now. I am only getting about 250-280 miles with 100% charged battery. Does anyone here has the same issue?
What's driving condition there like weather and terrain (hills for example)? What's your regenerative braking setting at? Driving habits like if accelerating fast frequently?

Since winter, with severe cold and snow, that range has been on the low end for me, with 19 inch wheels.
But during warmer months , I have gotten much much better efficiency , around 400 miles of range or so.
If you are doing lots of stop and go, preheating, short trips , etc, that range wouldn’t totally surprise me.
If you are getting that during longer trips with steady driving, that would be unusual.
Also, make sure you are looking by trip and not by “ since last charge”, which you probably already know.

I have been driving The Lucid GT for almost 4 months now. I am only getting about 250-280 miles with 100% charged battery. Does anyone here has the same issue?

My Tesla MYP, with advertised range of 320mi, has not gone beyond 200mi lately - avg would be around 180. Winter & aggressive driving dont help

If Lucid is showing your actual miles based on weather conditions that's great. My tesla would show me the same mileage year round but I would only actually get around 50-60% of the listed range.

I live in Los Angeles, the weather temperature in LA is between 65-90 F. The regenerative braking system setting is high, driving mode is standard. My driving habit is normal, I did have a couple of joy ride acceleration, but most of time is normal. I even turned off the music, AC, massage to increase the mileage, but it didn't help much. I took the car to service department for testing and no faulty were found.

I live in Los Angeles, the weather temperature in LA is between 65-90 F. The regenerative braking system setting is high, driving mode is standard. My driving habit is normal, I did have a couple of joy ride acceleration, but most of time is normal. I even turned off the music, AC, massage to increase the mileage, but it didn't help much. I took the car to service department for testing and no faulty were found.

Are you typically in stop and go traffic or is there a steady flow of traffic, mostly?

The car has about 3600 miles on it now, I drive about 80% local, 20% highway.

The car has about 3600 miles on it now, I drive about 80% local, 20% highway.

I would take a 20 mile continuous highway trip , with the trip reset, and see what you get, just for that particular outing.

I wonder if local driving in LA is what is causing your low efficiency.

I have found that a lot of stop and go can be brutal on efficiency, as moving this heavy car from a full stop can eat m/ kWh.

When I am driving in a more continuous steady manner, it does extremely well.

I would take a 20 mile continuous highway trip , with the trip reset, and see what you get, just for that particular outing.

I wonder if local driving in LA is what is causing your low efficiency.

I have found that a lot of stop and go can be brutal on efficiency, as moving this heavy car from a full stop can eat m/ kWh.

When I am driving in a more continuous steady manner, it does extremely well.
Thanks for the advice, I will try that out.

Thanks for the advice, I will try that out.

Sounds good. The lower m/kWh in town doesn’t bug me much as I can just charge at home. I know everyone’s situation is different , and I hope you can get additional data , and that otherwise you love the car.

Please post a picture of your pilot panel on the trip computer page.

WeChat Image_20221208133515.jpg

So 3.0 x 112kwh battery should yield a range of approximately 336 if charged to 100% (check charging max on your app). If it does not, I’d escalate the issue.

That 26 mile trip looks like a DCFC session followed by parking the car. 2.2 mi/kWh yields the 250 mile range you’re suspecting. But, it’s always terrible initially after the charging session. I’m only speculating. The only folks I know to achieve that low range outside of a recent charging session are from either tracking or some serious spirited driving.

Hi Boddy, The 3.0/kwh showed in the screen isn't accurate, I have never seen that number during my daily driving. the most number I have seen is 2.7 miles/kwh, most of time is around 2.5m/kwh. It shows 2.2m/kwh since last charge.

I didn't take the car to the track or go crazy with the car. Especially, I am studying the lost mileage. I have tried everything possible way to boost up the battery efficiency for maximum range output.

I didn't take the car to the track or go crazy with the car. Especially, I am studying the lost mileage. I have tried everything possible way to boost up the battery efficiency for maximum range output.
When the car is parked at home. Are you utilizing the mobile key? Are the fobs stored far enough away from the car or in a faraday pouch? Sadly these things wake the car with relative ease, thus keeping the car awake to drain the battery. As far as driving to keep range at its best, are you driving in smooth mode? If not, do so. Accelerate slowly off the line as well. You already have finished your AC usage as well as the massage functions (don’t worry about music). Did you use a fast charger or L2 (home charger) before posting that photo of your pilot panel? Fast chargers always chew up range unless you’ve driven sufficiently far enough to cool the pack passively so the BMS doesn’t actively have to. One of the biggest things working against you are your 21” wheels. I have 19” with a lifetime average of 4.1 mi/kWh over 8200 miles. Recently it’s been worse due to the cold (into the 30s in the morning) where my current charge has yielded 3.4 mi/kWh. I drive in smooth, use the heat seaters and steering wheel unless it’s uncomfortable and then I use the resistance heat. Rarely do I exceed 75 mph and mostly drive about 65 for my local driving.

driving mode is standard. My driving habit is normal,
Standard driving mode would be Smooth, is that what you are using? Driving habit is normal. Normal for you. Which could be stomping on the go pedal and waiting until the last second to take your foot off the go pedal to slow down. Or people might be tailgating you because you drive 5 mph below the speed limit. You really didn't tell us anything.

Agree with @stratus that you should get on the freeway, set HA or ACC to 70, reset your trip meter, and check what the result is. Street driving kills your efficiency.

Back