Locked out

Smith1959

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
Locked my car with the fob with my phone inside and on dog mode. Returned 10 minutes later and the car would not recognize the fob. No response at all. Out of desperation I tried to open the trunk manually and it opened. I crawled through the back seat to open the car.

Locked my car with the fob with my phone inside and on dog mode. Returned 10 minutes later and the car would not recognize the fob. No response at all. Out of desperation I tried to open the trunk manually and it opened. I crawled through the back seat to open the car.
Did you try placing the fob against the driver pillar below the camera and pressing in the door handle while doing so? Sounds like you may have a dead fob battery and that’s a safety measure to get it to open to avoid those situations.

Did you try placing the fob against the driver pillar below the camera and pressing in the door handle while doing so? Sounds like you may have a dead fob battery and that’s a safety measure to get it to open to avoid those situations.
I held it up to the driver pillar but did not know to press the door handle, thanks. The fob is working again so I thought it was just a glitch from my phone being inside. I will remember the fix. Thanks for sharing

How did you open the trunk manually?

Did you try just pushing the door handle without doing anything else? I've left the fob in the car and if you do that it just unlocks.

This just happened to me tonight. I went out to dinner with my wife and when I tried to get into the car, could not open the doors. I had left my phone inside the car. FOB battery was working fine, just changed it 2 weeks ago. But it failed to open. I tried everything, nothing worked. Valet card on the pillars, both sides, fob on the pillars, pushing the handles, walking away and coming back and trying again multiple times. At the 10 min mark I started calling Lucid Customer Service, but sadly there is no 24h number. At least not on the internet. So I wasn't sure what to do and then randomly all the car lights come on and it flashes, I was able to open the car and get going. My wife was really not impressed, said that Lucid has way too many bugs for her to ever consider it. I was really pretty unhappy. Wife asked where was the emergency key to open the door, I explained to her it is the valet card. Her response was remarkably sarcastic...but quite correct. Not cool.

This just happened to me tonight. I went out to dinner with my wife and when I tried to get into the car, could not open the doors. I had left my phone inside the car. FOB battery was working fine, just changed it 2 weeks ago. But it failed to open. I tried everything, nothing worked. Valet card on the pillars, both sides, fob on the pillars, pushing the handles, walking away and coming back and trying again multiple times. At the 10 min mark I started calling Lucid Customer Service, but sadly there is no 24h number. At least not on the internet. So I wasn't sure what to do and then randomly all the car lights come on and it flashes, I was able to open the car and get going. My wife was really not impressed, said that Lucid has way too many bugs for her to ever consider it. I was really pretty unhappy. Wife asked where was the emergency key to open the door, I explained to her it is the valet card. Her response was remarkably sarcastic...but quite correct. Not cool.
2.0 fixes this.

Been there done that, stopped at Walmart to charge, I got out begin my attempt to hook up, of course it always requires my Wife's assistance in these matters... Has anyone noticed that the front doors almost always close by themselves, and won't remain open unless you totally extend them. Yep, you guessed it, both doors closed after we exited the car with both of our phones and the useless key fob resting comfortably on the console. In the time we educated ourselves with how to charge the car, the doors also locked. We quickly determined our only course of action was to call Customer service to assist us by opening the car. So, I began my quest, and it took little time to realize the lack of payphones available for use now days, which left me with the option of begging 🙏 a Walmart employee to use their counter phone. Now, you have to ask yourself, how many emergency phone numbers do you have memorized 😬, least of all, Lucid's Customer Service line! 20 minutes late

Sorry another problem I deal with is Premature posting! back to Smith1959 "Been there done that, stopped at Walmart to charge, I got out to attempt to hook up the car, of course, as always, it requires my Wife's assistance in these matters... Has anyone noticed that the front doors almost always close by themselves, and won't remain open unless you totally extend them. Yep, you guessed it, both doors closed after we exited the car with both of our phones and the useless key fob resting comfortably on the console. In the time it took to educated us on how to charge the car, the doors also locked. We quickly determined our only course of action was to call Customer service to assist us by opening the car, so I began my quest. It took little time to realize the lack of payphones available for use now days, which left me with the option of begging 🙏 a Walmart employee to use their counter phone. Now, you have to ask yourself, how many emergency phone numbers do you have memorized 😬, least of all, Lucid's Customer Service line! Multiple phone calls and 20 minutes later, my Wife sent word that good fortune had shined on Her. As luck would have it, there just happened that a fellow Lucid owner had stopped to charge. He was kind enough to loan her his phone to reach out to Lucid's CS. After some interrogation, a promise of our first born, they finally agreed to unlock the car for us. 2 Lucids at the same Walmart? what are the odds of that! Off I went to buy a lottery ticket.
OK wait for it.... with our car still hooked to the charging station throughout this entire process, thinking we were good to go, we attempted to restart the session. Nope... after contacting EA, they said we needed to move to another station? Unfortunately, the cord wouldn't release from the charger port on the car. With the EA customer service clueless at that point, it was back to Lucid's Customer service, where we were lucky enough to get the same rep that opened the car the first time. Needless to say, that saved us another 20 minutes of explanation and again "what are the Odds of that" so it's back inside to buy another lottery ticket.
Well, he determined that since the car had been opened from an outside source during an active charging session, it would require a reboot which it did, and we charged the car. I took the time to entertain you with our Griswald's Family charging adventure, so you had a head start if it ever happened to you. Note to Lucid, you may want to consider stiffening the hinges on the front doors, so we don't have to continue to sacrifice our shins to keep them from closing. Note to self, keep my phone in my pocket and leave my key fob at home because it's useless.

My wife locked our kid in the Subaru as she’d left the fob and her phone in the car while the car was running and the door fell closed when she bumped it by accident, had to have a passer-by to call the fire department to get in. Even if Lucid had an emergency key someone would leave it at home or in the car, etc. Is there any auto maker out there who has figured out a fool proof way to prevent someone from locking themselves out of the car? The biggest problem I see is the valet card didn’t seem to override all other modes of entry on @histal car, that should be the fail safe method when nothing else works and just always keep it in your wallet (and I’m sure someone will leave their wallet in the car too). I’ve never had the valet card fail so not sure what happened in @histal case. On 2.0 entry/door handles has worked for me 100% of the time via any method though.

My solution when charging is to almost but not quite close the door, so it doesn’t soft close. If the fob didn’t work make sure it has a new battery and is also correctly paired with the car. It’s usually been the phone mobile key that was buggy (before the new software), I’m in Fob4Life gang with @hydbob, never had a failure of handles presenting with it.

My wife locked our kid in the Subaru as she’d left the fob and her phone in the car while the car was running and the door fell closed when she bumped it by accident, had to have a passer-by to call the fire department to get in. Even if Lucid had an emergency key someone would leave it at home or in the car, etc. Is there any auto maker out there who has figured out a fool proof way to prevent someone from locking themselves out of the car? The biggest problem I see is the valet card didn’t seem to override all other modes of entry on @histal car, that should be the fail safe method when nothing else works and just always keep it in your wallet (and I’m sure someone will leave their wallet in the car too). I’ve never had the valet card fail so not sure what happened in @histal case. On 2.0 entry/door handles has worked for me 100% of the time via any method though.

My solution when charging is to almost but not quite close the door, so it doesn’t soft close. If the fob didn’t work make sure it has a new battery and is also correctly paired with the car. It’s usually been the phone mobile key that was buggy (before the new software), I’m in Fob4Life gang with @hydbob, never had a failure of handles presenting with it.
I have never taken the fob out of my pocket when using my car, not sure why all this other headache is worth a tiny piece of plastic that probably weighs 3 Oz or less. FOB4LIFE!

I have never taken the fob out of my pocket when using my car, not sure why all this other headache is worth a tiny piece of plastic that probably weighs 3 Oz or less. FOB4LIFE!
I agree! My only issue with the Lucid fob is the shockingly short battery life, that I hope is fixed in one of the recent updates.

I agree! My only issue with the Lucid fob is the shockingly short battery life, that I hope is fixed in one of the recent updates.
After using the faraday bags as storage, I haven't changed my fob battery in like 8 months now?

87C60CF7-C541-4A31-ACE1-E9D073A3D8E4.jpeg

Heavy stuff

Sorry another problem I deal with is Premature posting! back to Smith1959 "Been there done that, stopped at Walmart to charge, I got out to attempt to hook up the car, of course, as always, it requires my Wife's assistance in these matters... Has anyone noticed that the front doors almost always close by themselves, and won't remain open unless you totally extend them. Yep, you guessed it, both doors closed after we exited the car with both of our phones and the useless key fob resting comfortably on the console. In the time it took to educated us on how to charge the car, the doors also locked. We quickly determined our only course of action was to call Customer service to assist us by opening the car, so I began my quest. It took little time to realize the lack of payphones available for use now days, which left me with the option of begging 🙏 a Walmart employee to use their counter phone. Now, you have to ask yourself, how many emergency phone numbers do you have memorized 😬, least of all, Lucid's Customer Service line! Multiple phone calls and 20 minutes later, my Wife sent word that good fortune had shined on Her. As luck would have it, there just happened that a fellow Lucid owner had stopped to charge. He was kind enough to loan her his phone to reach out to Lucid's CS. After some interrogation, a promise of our first born, they finally agreed to unlock the car for us. 2 Lucids at the same Walmart? what are the odds of that! Off I went to buy a lottery ticket.
OK wait for it.... with our car still hooked to the charging station throughout this entire process, thinking we were good to go, we attempted to restart the session. Nope... after contacting EA, they said we needed to move to another station? Unfortunately, the cord wouldn't release from the charger port on the car. With the EA customer service clueless at that point, it was back to Lucid's Customer service, where we were lucky enough to get the same rep that opened the car the first time. Needless to say, that saved us another 20 minutes of explanation and again "what are the Odds of that" so it's back inside to buy another lottery ticket.
Well, he determined that since the car had been opened from an outside source during an active charging session, it would require a reboot which it did, and we charged the car. I took the time to entertain you with our Griswald's Family charging adventure, so you had a head start if it ever happened to you. Note to Lucid, you may want to consider stiffening the hinges on the front doors, so we don't have to continue to sacrifice our shins to keep them from closing. Note to self, keep my phone in my pocket and leave my key fob at home because it's useless.
What a story to share! I think maybe down the road Lucid should consider facial recognition unlock at B-Pillar camera like implementation in Genesis as 5th way of entry. Then you might lend the car to friend or wife who may not registered their face but left phone and fob inside and get locked out too.

After using the faraday bags as storage, I haven't changed my fob battery in like 8 months now?
I only changed battery twice. DA courteously mailed me more battery along with missing user manual. Now I’m fobhasbattery4life.

Once my FOB fell out of my pocket and fell between the seat and center console. It was a bitch to get out. Other than that my FOB is always in my pocket. However, when I locked my phone in the car one time the FOB didn’t work, So that caused a bit of a cluster.

Curiously how to open a locked trunk manually? That is a McGyver trick.

Curiously how to open a locked trunk manually? That is a McGyver trick.
Weirdly it was the only part of the car that wasn’t locked. I tried all the doors, the frunk and out of desperation I randomly tried the trunk. To be fair, I didn’t have my valet card and I didn’t know about holding the FOB up to the pillar. Haven’t had an issue since, so it wasn’t the FOB battery.

Weirdly it was the only part of the car that wasn’t locked. I tried all the doors, the frunk and out of desperation I randomly tried the trunk. To be fair, I didn’t have my valet card and I didn’t know about holding the FOB up to the pillar. Haven’t had an issue since, so it wasn’t the FOB battery.
I think your car may be confused and actually unlocked. Long time ago, I left my phone inside but fob in my pocket at EA station. I unlocked from fob, driver door handle didn’t pop up, I had to get in from back seat. After a reset, it was fixed. That only happened to me once and I couldn’t reproduce it again.

I believe, once you get UX20, those hiccup will go away.

Back