Lightning Lap - Hot lap with Ben Collins

NoseyReporter

I was hyped for this, but alas this video was rather disappointing. I wanted to see a true hot lap, with a lap time. Not sure why they'd call it a lightening lap and just have the Stig talk about how awesome the car is for 120 seconds. We know the car is awesome. Give us the lap time! Surely this car is sub 1:45 at Sonoma...right?

Last edited:
It's corporate communication with story telling
It was still nicely done
To be having Ben be able to push the car as much as his did on the track and still have a cool conversational tone during the run speaks to how easy the car is to drive quickly

it's a family salon... sorta like a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry ... but more reliable, and less maintenance....

... oh

... and kicks ass.

Last edited:
For the moment, the more reliable/less maintenance point is debatable relative to Honda/Toyota ICE mobiles

For the moment, the more reliable/less maintenance point is debatable relative to Honda/Toyota ICE mobiles
How would you know? I've owned all three. Took the Lucid in for state safety/emission inspection. Mechanic put a 2-year sticker on the windshield without even looking at the car, and didn't charge me. Never had that experience with my Hondas or Toyotas. Let's talk about oil changes. Let's talk about how the mobile service guy comes to your house...
PXL_20221031_171813271.jpg

... let's debate.

Friendly debate (and hoping for a win for Mr. Shapiro!!)
How does somebody putting a sticker on your car without looking at it infer anything about reliability and the amount of maintenance the car will require?
I have had my GT-P a bit over a year, and the only real issues were software related. The first one was addressed with a hard reset but Lucid wanted the car in the shop for a day to look it over. The second one (I posted on) had the dash communicating that power was reduced due to low batter and I should charge immediately (while showing over 50% charge). That took a couple of days in the shop, apparently one of the OTA updates caused the issue. The tech did some reset and reinstallation and all good again.
My most recent Honda, the Gen 2 NSX (a very complicate car) has been bullet proof for over 7 years and my Lexus LC500 Convertible has had no (zero) issues of any kind in 3 years.
I hope my Lucid is easy to live with for a long time, but if you look around here, there have been eMotor and battery pack issues and many software this and thats.
I live about 3 miles from my Acura, Lexus, Lucid and Infiniti dealerships. I would rather take the car into the Goose Island facility than use the moblile service. Plus their van is too long to easily access my building (bad day for driver assigned to my job). I have multiple sets of wheels and tires for the car so mobile service should be nice for the seasonal change overs. But for the last one, they asked that I bring the car into the shop and then the tech drove to my condo to drop the wheels/tires off.

Last edited:
Back