Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ♫

OK, am I the only one that doesn’t see snow? I’m using an iPad or iPhone. Haven’t checked on my Mac. It’s funny that some want to turn it off and I can’t turn the damn thing on (yes, I tried the switch). I’m afraid the answer is so obvious I’ll be too embarrassed to ever post again. 🙄

OK, am I the only one that doesn’t see snow? I’m using an iPad or iPhone. Haven’t checked on my Mac. It’s funny that some want to turn it off and I can’t turn the damn thing on (yes, I tried the switch). I’m afraid the answer is so obvious I’ll be too embarrassed to ever post again. 🙄
Desktop only

Now you tell me. 6 hours I’m throwing switches, turning the iPad upside down, shaking it like a snow globe…😆

Tim, I’m using Safari on the iPad.
I just turned it back on. It’s snowing once more. Maybe try power cycling your iPad I’m on 17.1.2 … just realized I hadn’t updated yet to 17.2. Will do that overnight

note : you need to hit the save option after tuning on snow.

I'm leaving it on. I'm pissed because it is the week before Christmas in New England and we just got 5+ inches of rain, some roads washed out, trees were down, and I know my road didn't lose power because the Gods know I have a generator. My wood bin was full, and I would have LOVED for this to be four feet of snow.

Let it snow....

I just turned it back on. It’s snowing once more. Maybe try power cycling your iPad I’m on 17.1.2 … just realized I hadn’t updated yet to 17.2. Will do that overnight

note : you need to hit the save option after tuning on snow.
I am on 17.1.2 and only now just noticed 17.2 is available. Rebooted 17.1.2 and still no snow on Safari. Weird.

Im on a safari ipad and its working! Maybe manually turn it on?

Also I find it hilarious that of all the pressing issues now, we have decided to focus on troubleshooting virtual snow 🤣

Back in the late 80s, my work "upgraded" to Sun computers, which came with all types of tricks. If you knew the terminal number of someone, you could remotely mess with them. Watching someone type a document and then mysteriously see all the letter "S"s disappear was fun. Of course, someone found the "make it snow" command, and it was all fun until you got into blizzard territory: if the snow reached higher than about 95% of the screen, the computer froze up completely and took divine intervention and a lot of swearing from the IT department. I'm glad to see it's warm enough on my screen that it melts as soon as it hits the ground. 😼

Don't worry, happens to the best of us! Probably stuck in that stupid right-bottom corner again! I drive myself NUTS looking for it and trying to move it, while still not spotting it.
This is why on macOS they added the feature where you wiggle the mouse, and the cursor temporarily animates to a much larger size.

Happens to a lot of people.

I am on 17.1.2 and only now just noticed 17.2 is available. Rebooted 17.1.2 and still no snow on Safari. Weird.
There’s a setting on iPad Safari to request the desktop site by default. Some folks seem to have that on. You probably don’t.

If you tap the share icon, it should be an option somewhere in that menu.

This is why on macOS they added the feature where you wiggle the mouse, and the cursor temporarily animates to a much larger size.

Happens to a lot of people.
Believe me, I would love a mac and the integration it comes with, I even have one as my school computer! MacOS just does not work with the types of things I do, and I love tinkering with system files and things of the sort, which is basically impossible in mac.

Believe me, I would love a mac and the integration it comes with, I even have one as my school computer! MacOS just does not work with the types of things I do, and I love tinkering with system files and things of the sort, which is basically impossible in mac.
You clearly haven’t used Macs much. You can open up a terminal and do pretty much whatever you want with a Mac. It’s just UNIX underneath.

Even in the old days, we had tools like ResEdit to alter our apps pretty much any way we wanted.

You clearly haven’t used Macs much. You can open up a terminal and do pretty much whatever you want with a Mac. It’s just UNIX underneath.

Even in the old days, we had tools like ResEdit to alter our apps pretty much any way we wanted.
Fair enough, school computers are heavily limited. That may be true.

And by editing stuff I didnt mean terminal stuff(the windows cmd prompt is horrible), I meant stuff like how you can completely change the look of windows with just a few apps. In comparison, I believe MacOS is more limited in what you can actually do to it(?). You could make windows look like an exact replica of macOS for example, but not vice versa.

I'm also just more familiar with windows. I will never get used to the app control buttons being on the top left instead of right(although the menu bar is VERY smart and declutters apps).

There’s a setting on iPad Safari to request the desktop site by default. Some folks seem to have that on. You probably don’t.

If you tap the share icon, it should be an option somewhere in that menu.
And that was indeed the 'issue'. I'm currently on my Mac and it is snowing. So I guess if the drifts get too high, I can always go on to my iPad without the desktop setting. ;)

And that was indeed the 'issue'. I'm currently on my Mac and it is snowing. So I guess if the drifts get too high, I can always go on to my iPad without the desktop setting. ;)
It would be so amazing if it actually built up on the bottom like real snow

and I love tinkering with system files and things of the sort, which is basically impossible in mac.
...lol. You can edit ~any system file you want on Mac.

Also, you can run Windows on Mac, either in a VM or via bootcamp, natively, and you'll still have way better hardware. 🤷‍♂️

To each their own.

Back