Learn Remote Failed Until After Trying D-Mode

ItsElectric

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Air Grand Touring
I ran into really odd behavior during my first attempt at programming Homelink on a new delivery:

When I tried to get my AGT to learn my garage remote, I tried multiple positions and angles: at the L, at the U, in-between the L and the U, 2 inches away, 1 inch away, etc. I even tried deleting the home link profile a couple of times and starting fresh. Nothing worked after 6 tries.

Next, I tried D-Mode to see if there would be any difference. That didn’t work.

Just for kicks and giggles, I tried the “learn remote” method one more time…and everything magically worked as documented. The remote was detected. The car horn beeped. When I pressed the learn button on the motor, I successfully completed the setup. The GPS proximity to bring up home link when I arrive also works.

I hope no one else runs into this issue, but if you do, I hope this info helps.

I ran into really odd behavior during my first attempt at programming Homelink on a new delivery:

When I tried to get my AGT to learn my garage remote, I tried multiple positions and angles: at the L, at the U, in-between the L and the U, 2 inches away, 1 inch away, etc. I even tried deleting the home link profile a couple of times and starting fresh. Nothing worked after 6 tries.

Just for kicks and giggles, I tried the “learn remote” method one more time…and everything magically worked as documented. The remote was detected. The car horn beeped. When I pressed the learn button on the motor, I successfully completed the setup. The GPS proximity to bring up home link when I arrive also works.

This just worked for me also. I did have to do an Air Logo reset. Thanks for the heads up.

I have limited patience with this kind of stuff. I spent half an hour one day trying to set it up and gave up in frustration. And since most people who do have it working are saying that backing in requires extra button pushes, it might not be that convenient anyway. So, I'm totally old school on this for now. The garage door opener is easily reachable on the visor and takes one click to open and one to close. I'll figure out the Homelink eventually.

Mine was finicky until I followed one of the directions I’d ignored: put a new battery in the remote. Then it was fine.

My garage door opener wouldn't learn the Air's signal until I positioned the front bumper of the car directly under the opener. Use the opener's emergency release to prevent the garage door from moving while doing this.

And since most people who do have it working are saying that backing in requires extra button pushes, it might not be that convenient anyway.
Entering the garage / coming home is a single tap.

Leaving the garage, the rear-facing cameras come up, so you have to close out the cameras with a single tap, tap the homelink button to bring down the menu, tap to close, then one more tap if you want the rear cameras again.

It’s not that inconvenient. It’s four very quick taps. It’s not exactly a hardship lol

Back