LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't careless about the Sapphire. A halo product isn't going to help too much.
the Sapphire builds the brand name. It is all over the news that it is faster than the Tesla S Plaid. Brand awareness is key to their success, but will not help the bottom line for now.

Am I the only one that thinks lucid is the apple of Evs? They are very similar..

And sapphire is a halo brand right now, maybe not later when they make a sapphire midsize model. The sapphire is the kind of cars that kids put posters of on their walls and idolize. That is the way to build brand rep.

Sapphire isn't just a halo car for brand awareness. It's an opportunity for engineers to really PUSH the envelop. The things that they learn, or create because of a project like Sapphire will eventually influence future products. For example, the in house traction control module can be used again for future models or even sold to other manufacturers. Think, Aston Martin with the future 5 EV lineup. Or perhaps the dual motor drive unit will be used in a Sapphire version of the future midsized offering but in a RWD only flavor; think torque vectoring on a RWD only car.

Am I the only one that thinks lucid is the apple of Evs? They are very similar..

And sapphire is a halo brand right now, maybe not later when they make a sapphire midsize model. The sapphire is the kind of cars that kids put posters of on their walls and idolize. That is the way to build brand rep.
I can kind of see the similarities in design, but speaking strictly from market position and perhaps brand dominance I think of Tesla more. Apple has that weird spot where it's premium but also seemingly everyone has one.

If Sapphire becomes an old school M Division/AMG or something that would be pretty interesting. The craziest engineers doing their thing. But that's also kind of luxury thinking because people are still talking about company viability.

Reactions: DBV
Never thought I would see this day. Lucid really messed up their market research. And they seem to be reactive, not proactive. Should have pivotted early in the year to the base Pure when they realized demand was an issue. They should have built the Pure in January and sent out base Pures to reviewers. Not your most expensive model which costs 150k and make everyone feel their cars are grossly overpriced! Now it doesnt matter what they do, people just think Lucid is a 150k car! Way to go Peter!!!
Agreed……
and as posted a month ago I had a feeling it would drop again. Long-term I do think it’s going to be a winner, but there’s gonna be a lot of peaks and valleys to get thru.
Gravity will definitely help spark interest

keep in mind that Porsche and Bugatti are owned by VW, Rolls Royce is owned by BMW, and Tata Motors owns Jaguar and Land Rover. So Lucid could be acquired by someone in the future too in order for engineers to continue being engineers.

I can kind of see the similarities in design, but speaking strictly from market position and perhaps brand dominance I think of Tesla more. Apple has that weird spot where it's premium but also seemingly everyone has one.

If Sapphire becomes an old school M Division/AMG or something that would be pretty interesting. The craziest engineers doing their thing. But that's also kind of luxury thinking because people are still talking about company viability.
Apple becoming known as a luxury brand is THE greatest brand marketing story I have ever seen. A lot of people have them, but the sheer design, engineering, and how "everything just works" probably contribute to its luxe reputation.

Lucid has previously stated that Sapphire WILL become an Blackwing or M of sorts, I want to see a tri motor m3 sized car...

I don't see that, not with the constant software issues. They need to get the software fully sorted out by the time the Gravity comes out. At least we see some improvements. But they need to really ramp that up as well.

Apple becoming known as a luxury brand is THE greatest brand marketing story I have ever seen. A lot of people have them, but the sheer design, engineering, and how "everything just works" probably contribute to its luxe reputation.

Lucid has previously stated that Sapphire WILL become an Blackwing or M of sorts, I want to see a tri motor m3 sized car...
I second that. if Lucid came out with a tri motor mid sized car I would put my order in the day it was available to order.

Tesla is doing so well, when they switched to a smaller car with a lower price point.

Not everybody needs or wants a larger car, especially if you have a 2 or 3 car family.

I would pay the same $140k for a smaller car if it had the same luxury, performance and abilities of the Air.

For others the large backseat and available trunk space is a necessity, for my needs not so much.

I would prefer the agility of a smaller car, so that I do not have to struggle as much getting out of parking garages with tight space. Of course adding rear wheel steering would greatly enhance that ability. Loved that option on my previous cars. Made my cars seem 1 foot smaller for maneuverability and turning radius.

Let's tone it down on the Armchair CEO playing. Remember the guidelines.

Unless one has started a car company of one's own in the past four years, let's just all agree one is talking out of one's butthole for the most part.
Understand, but it does get fustrating when you see the snail pace of sales and constant negativity about the company everywhere. Clearly, the market is saying cars are too expensive.

Get the Pure out, thats where the volume is. I know quite a few who waited and waited and got fed up and bought a Model S. I just hope it is not too late for sales to grow. Anyone I talk to say its a > 130-150k car! Marketing failure!

I just hope they do better with the Gravity. Get the cheaper models out ASAP. Need to hit that 79k target for the base Gravity Pure! Make the federal credit work!

End of rant!

The “Apple” of anything is a big statement. I think it has the potential, but that is going to ultimately come down to how they answer the software challenges. No car company touches the hardware aspects, which arguably is the hardest part. I continue to be a believer.

Now may be the time to buy in for the first time. There's not much left to bottom out on.

Great price! I have quite a lot invested so didn't want to add anymore. Hopefully this is the bottom and its up from here, or at least sideways!

danger.png

I just hope it can close above $5 again in the next few days or it's looking even worse for the stock when institutions have to drop it....or they reverse stock split, which is also a bad sign

I’ve bought the stock 3 times and sold it twice.
My current position is a loss…..
but I’m still long/ Bull on the stock.

The first 2 times I bought and sold Spac/LCID my profits would have nearly netted a free PURE so it’s been a solid ride. I do see it dropping into the mid 4’s during the next 30-45 days.

Posted this little over a month ago.
Got out a week ago at $5.51
With recent news…. Unfortunately I see close to $4 share over next 30 days. I will eagerly jump back in again at that level and continue to flip over the short term. There is money on the table still with the stock on flips. Auto Market is brutal at the moment on all EV’s/ice ( see TSLA stock) We need some good news soon.

I still remain long-term BULL … with LCID

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back