Latest Update 1.2.1

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
Okay so I got the notice for the new update. Says it will take about 90 minutes. Also says you have to make sure nobody is in the car because it will lock and you cannot unlock it until the update is completed. It gives you a 2 minute countdown to get out of the car. Then it did in fact lock itself and begin the update process. Just kept showing zero progress so after a couple of minutes I went into the house. After about 20 minutes I went out to the garage to see what was happening. The car was "running" very loudly, and it showed 24% complete on the update when I looked through the window. I'm assuming all the noise is the cooling system?? Anyway, must be a fairly major update if it will really take 90 minutes. I just finished giving her the first wash and she looks great. I'll post some photos soon.

Okay so I got the notice for the new update. Says it will take about 90 minutes. Also says you have to make sure nobody is in the car because it will lock and you cannot unlock it until the update is completed. It gives you a 2 minute countdown to get out of the car. Then it did in fact lock itself and begin the update process. Just kept showing zero progress so after a couple of minutes I went into the house. After about 20 minutes I went out to the garage to see what was happening. The car was "running" very loudly, and it showed 24% complete on the update when I looked through the window. I'm assuming all the noise is the cooling system?? Anyway, must be a fairly major update if it will really take 90 minutes. I just finished giving her the first wash and she looks great. I'll post some photos soon.
So now its been 30 minutes and boy is it loud. Sounds like every possible fan is running full bore. I'm assuming this is normal? Only 38% done at this point.

So now its been 30 minutes and boy is it loud. Sounds like every possible fan is running full bore. I'm assuming this is normal? Only 38% done at this point.

Yup, totally normal, just a big update. ETAs are generally accurate in my experience. Have seen everything from 5min - 120min.

The 2min countdown, locking, etc., has been true for every prior update too.

Well this is my first major update. Somewhat scary but its done now. Took about an hour.

I look in my car and I'm at update 1.1.8 and it says I am up to date ?

I look in my car and I'm at update 1.1.8 and it says I am up to date ?
Unfortunately, they make you update every version to get the latest, so you need to update to 1.1.9 to get 1.2.1. You should call Customer Service or email them and have them push at least 1.1.9 to you.

I thought Lucid automatically sends request to update the next software.

That is how I updated my 1.1.8

It looks like Alexa is fully enabled. Here are all the commands you can ask:

1648646608145.png

What a world we live in, where if your car doesn't buy toilet paper when asked - it is considered a malfunction.

Back