Las Vegas Meetup 10/7/23

Which do you prefer for our first LV Community Meetup? You may select multiple options.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was a real treat to meet so many owners today for what was a truly satisfying event. (Tesla bro notwithstanding.) I have yet to meet a Lucid owner I would not be happy to call a friend.

Special thanks to @GMan for doing the hard organizing work. I thought it was a smashing success. And lots of folks from the “regular” car section came over to explore our weird spaceships from the future. It was nice to see so many open-minded and curious folks to whom we could help spread the word.

IMG_3296.jpeg

It was a real treat to meet so many owners today for what was a truly satisfying event. (Tesla bro notwithstanding.) I have yet to meet a Lucid owner I would not be happy to call a friend.

Special thanks to @GMan for doing the hard organizing work. I thought it was a smashing success. And lots of folks from the “regular” car section came over to explore our weird spaceships from the future. It was nice to see so many open-minded and curious folks to whom we could help spread the word.

View attachment 15417
What did the Tesla guy do? I agree that lucid owners are generally nice, funny, enthusiastic, and have great taste in other cars!(somewhat like the actual lucid employees)

Also, is that a green air or just the brilliant color depth?

PXL_20231007_145734990.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20231007_150935923.jpg
PXL_20231007_150545208.jpg
PXL_20231007_152625061.jpg
PXL_20231007_152830277.jpg
PXL_20231007_145626668~2.jpg

Amazing turn out, it was a pleasure meeting everybody! And I completely agree, amazing individuals who I could easily talk with and can call friends.

So happy I attended this event. It was a great turn out. Thank you again @GMan and everyone else who made this possible!

What did the Tesla guy do? I agree that lucid owners are generally nice, funny, enthusiastic, and have great taste in other cars!(somewhat like the actual lucid employees)

Also, is that a green air or just the brilliant color depth?
I'm pretty sure that's the Fathom Blue Pure.

Tesla bro was fanboying out and making a fool of himself.

I'd love to see examples of his foolishness, lol! Like come on, we dont bash on tesla for no reason... I still think that teslas would be my vehicle of choice if there werent any other alternative EVs.

What was the reception towards the lucid there? I see many other beautiful non lucid cars!

I had to head out as he showed up, I'm sure he felt "cool" trying to park in our parking lot and think he was superior or whatever. Kind of sad.

What was he saying?

I had to head out as he showed up, I'm sure he felt "cool" trying to park in our parking lot and think he was superior or whatever. Kind of sad.

What was he saying?
Maybe you guys could've locked him in the frunk! Not only is it a demonstration for nearby passerbys, it also solves the issue of him.. 😂

Maybe you guys could've locked him in the frunk! Not only is it a demonstration for nearby passerbys, it also solves the issue of him.. 😂
He was combative for no reason from the start. And it only got worse from there.

He was in no way a good representative of the Tesla community. Many of whom I consider friends. He was just a tool. In every sense of the word. Kept trying to get a rise out of us. And was particularly unkind to @nevadagame for no good reason. Just a waste of human genetic material.

I’d prefer to forget he exists.

Th
He was combative for no reason from the start. And it only got worse from there.

He was in no way a good representative of the Tesla community. Many of whom I consider friends. He was just a tool. In every sense of the word. Kept trying to get a rise out of us. And was particularly unkind to @nevadagame for no good reason. Just a waste of human genetic material.

I’d prefer to forget he exists.
Tesla fanboys often forget that they almost went bankrupt once upon a time.

You think they'd be more supportive of a new car company, especially one that has as many accolades as Lucid, especially in the enthusiast/ performance world.

But maybe all hail Elon Musk and they just want Tesla to survive while everyone else fails.

Yeah, he definitely worship Elon to extreme and quote his every word to me. 😂

I have thick skin, so I stand to him too accept his abuse. . Im actually knows a lot about EV info and counterpoint him to my amusement. 😊

He said he owned 7 Model S bought, sold and flipped for profit. I told him it worked out for you well 2 years ago, but now he got Musked for price dropped 60k in last 12 months, so it’s just a wash trade. He then said, because Tesla can produce cheaper to compete with others auto and Lucid, therefore is superior and that is why he would not buy a Sapphire coming out today at 250k. “What for when he got ceramic disk at 20k and Rolls Royce upholstery upgrade for 10k, Lucid cannot produce that kind of price, therefore Lucid sucks as a product.“ he said 🤣

Then I used the same analogy I made in social media recently.

“Sir, your logic is flawed and is like you are telling me McDonald BigMac burgers taste better than Gordon Ramsay burgers because McDonald is cheaper to make as they can mass produce faster and can make it cheaper therefore it must be better taste than Gordon Ramsay burgers. Most people never taste Gordon Ramsay restaurant will agree w that logic. But that is false logic. Gordon Ramsay certain restaurants may lose money bc they put more fresh meat into burger, BigMac taste good bc it has lots of synthetic MSG and other chemicals, sort of like Tesla software, it doesn’t make Big Mac better than Gordon Ramsey burger. You want better meat or Lucid hardware, go with Gordon, if you want more synthetic ingredients, go with BigMac. There is no this better than that or vice versa; unless you tried Gordon Ramsey burger, your BigMac will just taste better as most people haven’t tasted Gordon Ramsey would agree with you.” In the gist of this message I responded.

He paused and stopped words vomiting me. So I guess shut him up temporary with that analogy. 😂

Then he called me a Jew hater because I’m associated with Saudi by supporting Lucid. 🤣
He said Lucid suppose to die if not for Saudi. He said, your Air will be Delorean one day. I told him to go apply a job in Comedy Central.

@Bobby TY for the wedges and the frunk magnets. This would be my third and last magnet implementation. 😊

I had great time with the company and putting some of faces into the names here. I will looking forward for the future ones.

I find it strange that people can’t support both AMERICAN companies. I have had my runs and done with Benz/Bentley/Porsche
I wish both Tesla and Lucid well
Heck…. I owned a Fisker karma for a few years! Easily the best looking of the EV bunch aesthetically but a junker overall.

Last edited:
I find it strange that people can’t support both AMERICAN companies. I have had my runs and done with Benz/Bentley/Porsche
Heck…. I owned a Fisker karma for a few years! Easily the best looking of the EV bunch aesthetically but a junker overall.

We need electrify more ICE on the road. There is no one size fits all, we should all embrace startups getting people moving into that direction. Consumers benefit from more choices and innovations.

I think that had Lucid not existed, a Model S would have been one of the best options in EV sedans. Anything electric is good, and we need to push for it! Negativity to another brand will never help.(and for specifically tesla, at least they somewhat try with frunk packaging... just look at anything german!)

Thanks to everyone who showed up and especially @GMan for putting it all together and keeping us organized! Can't wait for the next meetup!

Back