Kyle shares more about Lucid Cosmos

For me the brand is great. However, it really is just the software that is the problem. I like Rivian, but Lucid just looks better. If the Cosmos has basic nav features like avoiding tolls, has voice that actually works, automatic braking to keep the regen the same with a full battery, better blinker automation, camera access when parking, birds eye view on all models, security camera and recording features, better Spotify integration, auto memory of seat changes, and less of a drill down interface. And seriously what is up with the weird cruse control interface? I could list a dozen more issues with the software. These are not cheap vehicles so the software should be much better.
 
Seems like they were somewhat asleep at the wheel on software until the Gravity came out. I do feel they'll make big strides this year based on the last few updates to Gravity.
 
For me the brand is great. However, it really is just the software that is the problem. I like Rivian, but Lucid just looks better. If the Cosmos has basic nav features like avoiding tolls, has voice that actually works, automatic braking to keep the regen the same with a full battery, better blinker automation, camera access when parking, birds eye view on all models, security camera and recording features, better Spotify integration, auto memory of seat changes, and less of a drill down interface. And seriously what is up with the weird cruse control interface? I could list a dozen more issues with the software. These are not cheap vehicles so the software should be much better.
Remember when we just wanted it to start and not leak oil? ☺️
 
I hope the Cosmos has blended braking. It'd be nice to be able to chose between 1 pedal driving and traditional braking, and get the benefit of regen whichever style you prefer.
I'm going to strongly disagree with you here. I LOVE the braking feel on my Air, and I've hated it in every other '1 pedal' braking vehicle I've tried.

My wife's GV60 especially drives me nuts, you can feel when it starts blending in the physical brakes and I hate it.
 
I'm going to strongly disagree with you here. I LOVE the braking feel on my Air, and I've hated it in every other '1 pedal' braking vehicle I've tried.

My wife's GV60 especially drives me nuts, you can feel when it starts blending in the physical brakes and I hate it.
I agree. When I had the etron the blended braking was weird, especially when you slammed them on. They felt like they weren’t working properly at times and you weren’t going to stop in time.
 
I also agree. The high regeneration on my air is superlative. The best I have ever tried. Everything else feels off.
 
I also agree. The high regeneration on my air is superlative. The best I have ever tried. Everything else feels off.
I have to shut mine off- absolutely can't stand it- way too much braking for my taste. Wish the low setting had about 1/2 as much.
My wife's Ioniq 6 has 3 levels plus "auto," and has steering wheel paddles which not only allow you to set the level quickly but more importantly also allows you to apply regen manually. Best system I've experienced.
As always, people's preferences differ.
 
I have to shut mine off- absolutely can't stand it- way too much braking for my taste. Wish the low setting had about 1/2 as much.
My wife's Ioniq 6 has 3 levels plus "auto," and has steering wheel paddles which not only allow you to set the level quickly but more importantly also allows you to apply regen manually. Best system I've experienced.
As always, people's preferences differ.
That's really funny, because I hated the Ioniq's regen. Specifically, I especially hated that you couldn't set it to i-Pedal (aka the only way to actually do 1-pedal driving) automatically. You had to do it every single time you got in the car, and only if the 'conditions were right' and then conditions were never "right" so it was always so unpredictable.

I wayyyyy prefer the high regen of my Air.

Just goes to sho how different people's tastes are.
 
That's really funny, because I hated the Ioniq's regen. Specifically, I especially hated that you couldn't set it to i-Pedal (aka the only way to actually do 1-pedal driving) automatically. You had to do it every single time you got in the car, and only if the 'conditions were right' and then conditions were never "right" so it was always so unpredictable.

I wayyyyy prefer the high regen of my Air.

Just goes to sho how different people's tastes are.
Interesting- our 6 stays always defaults to level 1
 
Non-refreshed Ioniq 5 and EV6s won't default to iPedal (or one pedal drive) because it forces the front motors on which Hyundai/Kia believe would hurt the official EPA range estimate because the EPA does their testing in a default setting. Same reason the cars won't default to Sport or Snow mode or 0 regen.

I think the only way you wouldn't be able to increase the regen level through the paddles is if you're actively pressing the brake pedal. At least, that's the only time I haven't been able to do it on my EV6.

The Korean EVs have a whole lot of customization options for regen. Probably a bit too much.
 
I agree. When I had the etron the blended braking was weird, especially when you slammed them on. They felt like they weren’t working properly at times and you weren’t going to stop in time.
I hate the brake feel on my Tesla. Lucid did that right for sure. I like that I could just turn regen off too.
 
The Korean EVs have a whole lot of customization options for regen. Probably a bit too much
It’s janky too, my sister had one. They look like transmission shift paddles but actually change the regen level, which does not at all feel like shifting a transmission. Idk if they just had the wiring and paddles already there or….? But it’s not intuitive to use and feels totally pointless.
 
It’s janky too, my sister had one. They look like transmission shift paddles but actually change the regen level, which does not at all feel like shifting a transmission. Idk if they just had the wiring and paddles already there or….? But it’s not intuitive to use and feels totally pointless.
I love it on our Ioniq 6. Almost never use the brake pedal- just stop the car with regen using the paddles
 
It seems this would be better than using the brake pedal to increase regen and blending the hydraulics.
 
It’s janky too, my sister had one. They look like transmission shift paddles but actually change the regen level, which does not at all feel like shifting a transmission. Idk if they just had the wiring and paddles already there or….? But it’s not intuitive to use and feels totally pointless.

I think it's a carryover from their first gen Niro.

I find that the easily changed regen levels can come in handy. For instance, I get on the highway, set the regen to 1 or 0, and then engage radar cruise control. When I stop using cruise control, it doesn't engage full regen. Of course, I mainly need to do this because the radar cruise control will continue accelerating if there's a big enough gap to the car in front even though I can see traffic already slowing down. Being able to easily coast on suburban stroads in between stop lights is also pretty handy.

But you are right, changing the regen levels feels janky, especially when you're increasing them. The tuning for this feature isn't very refined.
 
I'm not quite sure where you are getting your information, but much of what you said is incorrect. BMW actually revealed the new 7 series very recently. Mercedes has already announced the 2027 S-Class.
Let me clarify, I believe 7 series will be discontinued, following the A8. Doug from Cars and Bids thinks so too....😀

 
I have to shut mine off- absolutely can't stand it- way too much braking for my taste. Wish the low setting had about 1/2 as much.
[…]
I don’t quite understand. You don’t have to take your foot completely off the accelerator to come to a stop. Completely lifting off the accelerator is like slamming on the brakes.

What’s wrong with gently lifting off the accelerator and controlling your deceleration rate to your tastes?
 
I don’t quite understand. You don’t have to take your foot completely off the accelerator to come to a stop. Completely lifting off the accelerator is like slamming on the brakes.

What’s wrong with gently lifting off the accelerator and controlling your deceleration rate to your tastes?
So, I thought about this and realized I should really give this technique a genuine shot. I've been driving that way exclusively since Saturday. This took some experimentation but is definitely way better than letting completely off. I would say there were even some circumstances under which it was even good. So, thank you for making me think a bit more and helping me find a new way to enjoy the car. Ultimately, I still really do prefer the Hyundai Ioniq system, but that car doesn't have 800hp
 
Back
Top