Keyfob/Mobile Key proximity to trunk does not unlock

I can walk up directly behind the car wait 5 seconds or push the trunk open button once wait 3 seconds and push again and it'll open.
I agree 100%. My other vehicles I can walk up from behind and the trunk opens immediately on first push or if my hands are full I can use my foot to open. 8 seconds is a long time in the rain. Anything other than immediate seems like a long time. Why, because other vehicles there is no delay. The expectation is I approach my vehicle and it opens when I want it to, not when it eventually decides to recognize I want in.

I can walk up directly behind the car wait 5 seconds or push the trunk open button once wait 3 seconds and push again and it'll open.
I'll give this a shot when I'm in a parking garage and report back :)

I also have the same issue as OP, I can rarely get my car to "wake up" when approaching from the rear of the car. I can take my keyfob out and press twice after I've attempted the trunk button before it'll actually wake itself up.

Have never experienced this issue in ANY of the cars I've owned. Can't believe this was an oversight by Lucid to not have a stronger proximity sensor in the rear.

After 2.1.2/3/7 this becomes a problem, when you have "passive unlock" turned off. The issue which OP was facing is something, I face on a regular basis. I feel Lucid could do following things:
  • decouple unlock and wake up (if it is not already)
  • make waking up more efficient
  • once woken up, trunk button should ideally work similar to door handle press unlock (Lucid might not have to do anything here; this might just happen organically)
May be this should be added as a wishlist item on lucidupdates.com

After 2.1.2/3/7 this becomes a problem, when you have "passive unlock" turned off. The issue which OP was facing is something, I face on a regular basis. I feel Lucid could do following things:
  • once woken up, trunk button should ideally work similar to door handle press unlock (Lucid might not have to do anything here; this might just happen organically)
Other manufactures use a LF tech that can determine the location of the fob to within MM with very little power use. You can buy these systems after market for $400 or less. Lucid is using BlueTooth. It was a bad decision. Still waiting for lucid to acknowledge that it was a poor decision and switch to industry standard and a decent key fob. Don't hold your breath. The Lucid is such a great car, I've resigned myself to Lock/Unlock being sub par.

An update on this one - I have passive unlock off. I explicitly tried walking up to the call from the side and back, waited 30 seconds at least and then tried trunk button and it didnt work. I explicitly checked if the vehicle has detected the key by pressing and holding the key to open and close the frunk (which it did).

So i couldnt open the trunk until i explicitly unlocked the car (by pressing the door handle or by double press on the key fob)

An update on this one - I have passive unlock off. I explicitly tried walking up to the call from the side and back, waited 30 seconds at least and then tried trunk button and it didnt work. I explicitly checked if the vehicle has detected the key by pressing and holding the key to open and close the frunk (which it did).

So i couldnt open the trunk until i explicitly unlocked the car (by pressing the door handle or by double press on the key fob)
Makes sense kind of. Try this, walk up to your trunk, try to open it. Wait 5 seconds and try again and see if it opens.

As far as I know this is the correct functionality. Passive lock off means that you need to physically press the handle to unlock. I don’t think the trunk button is included as a way to achieve this. It should be, but I don’t think it is.

As far as I know this is the correct functionality. Passive lock off means that you need to physically press the handle to unlock. I don’t think the trunk button is included as a way to achieve this. It should be, but I don’t think it is.
Sorry I never meant that Trunk button press should work similar to door press unlock to unlock the whole car but once the car has detected the key and has woken up, the trunk button press should at the bare minimum open the trunk (not necessarily unlocking the whole car). Right now without unlocking the car, the trunk button press does nothing (not even open the trunk). Hence my comment in original post about decoupling unlocking and trunk button press function.

Sorry I never meant that Trunk button press should work similar to door press unlock to unlock the whole car but once the car has detected the key and has woken up, the trunk button press should at the bare minimum open the trunk (not necessarily unlocking the whole car). Right now without unlocking the car, the trunk button press does nothing (not even open the trunk). Hence my comment in original post about decoupling unlocking and trunk button press function.
@Bobby It would be great if this could be added to the feature list on your website :)

The trunk button works when the car is unlocked. It does not when the car is locked.

The trunk button works when the car is unlocked. It does not when the car is locked.
Exactly! Every other manufacturer I have known can unlock AND open the trunk when you press the button.
If Lucid made this decision consciously to not 'unlock' when you press the trunk button, it is a decision that caused greatest disappointment to me. If this was NOT a conscious decision but a miss, Lucid should address it (either by fixing it for current owners or making the right decision for future models).

Exactly! Every other manufacturer I have known can unlock AND open the trunk when you press the button.
If Lucid made this decision consciously to not 'unlock' when you press the trunk button, it is a decision that caused greatest disappointment to me. If this was NOT a conscious decision but a miss, Lucid should address it (either by fixing it for current owners or making the right decision for future models).
You can unlock the trunk when the car is locked...Press the fob once and then press and hold and it'll open when the car is locked.

You can unlock the trunk when the car is locked...Press the fob once and then press and hold and it'll open when the car is locked.
I think we are going in full circles here :) The need is to be able to open it by pressing the button on the trunk - without the need to pull out fob or phone!

I think we are going in full circles here :) The need is to be able to open it by pressing the button on the trunk - without the need to pull out fob or phone!
while passive unlock is off? Yes I agree!

I agree. I encourage you to write a nice email to customer service detailing your request.

Yesterday my wife drove the AGT, she has the app on her iPhone. Car In a parking deck, car would not open, Lucid customer service could not help, my daughter drove a key fob out, no luck, battery dead, called a 2nd time, again Lucid customer service no help, had to drive home, get a key card. Luckily the car was in a safe place, but this could have been a dangerous disaster. How would you feel if a loved one couldn’t get in the car and something bad happened? We can’t all be expected to have others carry a Lucid card key in their wallet or to not trust the fobs. Heck, I leave my wallet locked in the car often which is where i keep my back up Lucid key card. This is more of a cry for help to Lucid, people can be hurt if they do not make serious changes to several parts of this experience.

Yesterday my wife drove the AGT, she has the app on her iPhone. Car In a parking deck, car would not open, Lucid customer service could not help, my daughter drove a key fob out, no luck, battery dead, called a 2nd time, again Lucid customer service no help, had to drive home, get a key card. Luckily the car was in a safe place, but this could have been a dangerous disaster. How would you feel if a loved one couldn’t get in the car and something bad happened? We can’t all be expected to have others carry a Lucid card key in their wallet or to not trust the fobs. Heck, I leave my wallet locked in the car often which is where i keep my back up Lucid key card. This is more of a cry for help to Lucid, people can be hurt if they do not make serious changes to several parts of this experience.
The mobile key if set up on your phone does not require cellular reception to use. It uses bluetooth and would work in this scenario.

The key fob with a dead battery will unlock the car if held below the camera on drivers side pillar after pressing in on the door handle for about 3 seconds.

More details are on Lucidupdates.com

Back