Key Fob Lanyard

Has anyone found a good replacement for the lanyard? Mine just broke this morning and I need to either:

a) find a way to order replacements from Lucid
or
b) find a sturdier alternative

Anyone have some sweet key fob solutions to share?
Consider using phone as your key all the time instead of key fob. Carry the card key in your wallet for emergency. Anyways Key fobs are tricky to use

Consider using phone as your key all the time instead of key fob. Carry the card key in your wallet for emergency. Anyways Key fobs are tricky to use
Thanks for the suggestion @SM_NCarolina - but I tried leaving the fob at home for several weeks and in my experience the car's response to proximity of the fob is so much snappier and more dependable than the phone app. I really hate trying to fish out my iPhone with 2 arms full of groceries.

Thanks for the suggestion @SM_NCarolina - but I tried leaving the fob at home for several weeks and in my experience the car's response to proximity of the fob is so much snappier and more dependable than the phone app. I really hate trying to fish out my iPhone with 2 arms full of groceries.
I understand that's a challenge.

If you set up Mobile Key you don’t need to fish your phone out at all… Just stand near the car.

@Bobby - I always appreciate your feedback and have tried to follow your evangelism for the fob-free lifestyle, but I just find the fob performs better for me.
Fair! Have you considered the ”valet” card(even though its not the best solution)?

Fair! Have you considered the ”valet” card(even though it’s not the best solution)?
@exponents - I grab my fob when I’m heading out and always have my iPhone with me, so I just keep the valet card in a safe place at home. Also, you have to enter a pin to drive, so not a great solution for everyday driving.

I’m quite happy rocking my key fob everybody, I just need a new lanyard!

Exactly. Using my phone as a car key -not a fan.

@exponents - I grab my fob when I’m heading out and always have my iPhone with me, so I just keep the valet card in a safe place at home. Also, you have to enter a pin to drive, so not a great solution for everyday driving.

I’m quite happy rocking my key fob everybody, I just need a new lanyard!
Don't listen to all these PAK folks.

Back