Just waiting on my GT to arrive. My First EV :-)

iiwilliams

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Should be here by the September 21st. Overly excited. I decided to order a Chargepoint instead of the Lucid Charging Station because it appears to have more features. Is there anything that I should prepare myself for? All input is welcomed.

Welcome aboard. You're in for the ride of your life, particularly with it being your first EV. If you can visually an overtake, the car can generally do it. It's life changing if you're interested in performance driving in any way, shape or form. The nuances are endless - the car has much to give. The software is improving in leaps and bounds, too, it's not a static product.

Regarding the charger, what is the max charging rate of the chargepoint unit that you purchased? If it's less than 80A, then you might've lead some charging performance on the table (generally only useful for same-day turns more so than overnight charging where the 80A rate matters less as you have time to spare), assuming your house's electrical panel would've allowed it.

Otherwise, if you have questions, fire away. I'm about 3 months in and have put around 5000 miles on mine already. I only just started calming down 2 weeks ago after long, fun drives pretty much every day since getting it. It's really that good. I also use it as a home office rather than working from home. I'll drive somewhere nice, fire up some nice tunes, camp out in the back, fire up the hotspot and work on the laptop for 3-4 hours straight, then drive home. It's just such a pleasant environment to enjoy.

two years in and still take the long way for no particular reason

.... spend wee hours in a closed garage in the back seat with Atmos +Tidal

when first got the car
set up a director's chair
and just
looked at it
1726596267010.webp

you can drive this car forever in Smooth mode and not realize / forget what kind of car you bought

... try one of the big balls modes and strap on the strap on (proper rubber required)
1726596405175.webp

... you'll see

welcome
what's your region?

two years in and still take the long way for no particular reason

.... spend wee hours in a closed garage in the back seat with Atmos +Tidal

when first got the car
set up a director's chair
and just
looked at it
View attachment 23347
you can drive this car forever in Smooth mode and not realize / forget what kind of car you bought

... try one of the big balls modes and strap on the strap on (proper rubber required)
View attachment 23348

... you'll see

welcome
what's your region?
LOL. I'm in the DC area. My previous car was a Porsche Panamera and after test driving the Lucid, I didn't even want to drive it anymore and sold it in 3 days, lol.

Welcome aboard. You're in for the ride of your life, particularly with it being your first EV. If you can visually an overtake, the car can generally do it. It's life changing if you're interested in performance driving in any way, shape or form. The nuances are endless - the car has much to give. The software is improving in leaps and bounds, too, it's not a static product.

Regarding the charger, what is the max charging rate of the chargepoint unit that you purchased? If it's less than 80A, then you might've lead some charging performance on the table (generally only useful for same-day turns more so than overnight charging where the 80A rate matters less as you have time to spare), assuming your house's electrical panel would've allowed it.

Otherwise, if you have questions, fire away. I'm about 3 months in and have put around 5000 miles on mine already. I only just started calming down 2 weeks ago after long, fun drives pretty much every day since getting it. It's really that good. I also use it as a home office rather than working from home. I'll drive somewhere nice, fire up some nice tunes, camp out in the back, fire up the hotspot and work on the laptop for 3-4 hours straight, then drive home. It's just such a pleasant environment to enjoy.
Wow. Home office Lucid. Sounds like a great idea. Lucky you, lol.

I also use it as a home office rather than working from home. I'll drive somewhere nice, fire up some nice tunes, camp out in the back, fire up the hotspot and work on the laptop for 3-4 hours straight, then drive home. It's just such a pleasant environment to enjoy.
I can’t believe I’ve never done this. Going to start.

Thanks. I bought a new 2025 Pure on 8/30/24, and I was wondering how long it would take to arrive.

Should be here by the September 21st. Overly excited. I decided to order a Chargepoint instead of the Lucid Charging Station because it appears to have more features. Is there anything that I should prepare myself for? All input is welcomed.
I’ve been having problems with Chargepoint, doesn’t always charge, even Chargepoint doesn’t know why

Back