Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
When I honk the horn, it plays a single note and then, after a 1/2 second, adds a second note. Is that normal?

When I honk the horn, it plays a single note and then, after a 1/2 second, adds a second note. Is that normal?
Are you holding the horn when you do it? Either way, it should be constant while your hand is on it, not intermittent - I’d get it checked.

I gently tapped the horn today for the first time and got a good laugh out of this.. I like it, but not sure if it's intended. It sounds more like a courtesy horn. Ill try holding it down on the highway to see if its normal on long press.

Same with mine. Sounds like a dual horn that has a slight delay before firing the second horn. I like it actually. Get's the point across.

I realized I’ve never honked the horn. To the garage that is right under the boys room! Maybe I’ll get some chores out of them this AM as a result of early wake up

Confirmed… my horn is two stage or something. Yours is not weird!

lol .. I knew I'd find a post or thread on the Horn sound.

Today, for the first time, I pressed the horn (w/ my wife and son in the car) .. after a puzzled look, my wife asked me if that was my horn .. so I beeped the horn again and she started laughing at my "wimpy-sounding" horn. As my wife kept laughing, my son said it was "weird" with 2 little tones. .. so, in reply to this post, "all our horns are weird" 🥴

I did notice the two tone horn on my drive home from picking it up today. Unlike most of you, I needed it on my first drive as somebody in front of my was late going left on the green arrow. In Chicago, the turn signal can go fast so no time for ppl asleep in front of the arrow!

I did notice the two tone horn on my drive home from picking it up today. Unlike most of you, I needed it on my first drive as somebody in front of my was late going left on the green arrow. In Chicago, the turn signal can go fast so no time for ppl asleep in front of the arrow!
I was using it in the same way (i.e. to alert the person in front of me that the light had changed).

Left me wondering, however, if the horn is loud/long enough if needed in a more "pressing" situation; doesn't seem so. It's whimsical, but I'm not sure if I'd be confident on using it if I was back in NY (or Chicago). [as a matter of fact, my wife said that Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang horn sounded more forceful 🤨]

Perhaps different sounds will be added w/ an OTA in the future .. maybe a Fog Horn or Ship Horn sound .. or some good old ROCK music. 😜

It only sounds wimpy in the cabin. It's a lot louder outside

The initial tap of the horn is a high-pitched “whimpy” horn, similar to my Nissan Leaf a long, long time ago. I kind of like it as a “eh-hem” to drivers who are too busy staring at their phones at traffic lights. Hold the horn a bit longer, and the second horn fires that has a bit more punch. Like @hydbob said, stand outside the car when someone honks the horn. Ironically enough, after my years with the Leaf horn, I now have salespeople test the horn for me before test drives to make sure it passes muster. In Florida, known for the worst drivers in America, that is a must. Despite the features lacking on my Model S that are now present on the GT, one of the things Tesla did right was its ship-like horn. I was hesitant using it when someone was walking down the center of the aisles in a parking lot, not realizing I was behind them, for fear of them hurting themselves.

Yep second tone on mine as well. I kind of like it. Just part of the uniqueness of the AIr.

Back