iPhone MagSafe mount to replace OEM charging pad.

New 2022 GT owner and I was searching left and right on why the charger doesn't work. I have already learnt a ton in the last 24 hours since my purchase from this site! (And I still don't know how to do DM here... Do I need to wait a bit before I can do so since I just registered today?)

New 2022 GT owner and I was searching left and right on why the charger doesn't work. I have already learnt a ton in the last 24 hours since my purchase from this site! (And I still don't know how to do DM here... Do I need to wait a bit before I can do so since I just registered today?)
You do, but I believe @Adnillien or one of the other mods can accelerate that for you.

Fixed that, you can DM people now. The wireless charger only works on the driver side. Do yourself a favor and buy the TWRAPS charger replacement.

I have gone through several iterations of improving the useless wireless charging pad for my iPhone 12 ProMax in my GT. With the OEM charging solution, it is difficult to find the exact right spot for the phone, and even when I do so, it charges at only 5W. My previous solutions were working fine, but not as well integrated as I would've liked. Here are my requirements:
1. It is very easy and quick to position the phone.
2. The phone charges at the maximum possible rate without wires (15W).
3. The console cover can close while the phone is in place and charging.
4. It kind of looks like it was supposed to be there (i.e. no big suction or cupholder mounts sticking out).

My solution was to make a wedge shaped piece of 3-D plastic and mount a black iPhone Mag Safe charger (https://a.co/d/2JS2fJw) to it. Everything is put together with double-sided 3M tape and thus reversible. The phone holds on magnetically and road vibrations do not dislodge it.. This design satisfies all of the criteria!

Here's a picture of it for those interested. If anyone wants the G-code to print the little wedge or would like me to print one for them, please let me know. This will work for any iPhone 12 or higher.

View attachment 6456
Are you still making these charger bases. If so can I get one?

Are you still making these charger bases. If so can I get one?

Hi Bobby, first of all apologies for the vanity name that may be slightly inappropriate - as other Lucid owners might relate, vanity can be fun (and didn’t expect the name “Moderator” to be allowed).

That said, would you mind sending me the plastic printed piece? I am on the edge of doing the Twraps solution but thought yours might be a little more clean and simple for my needs. I can’t DM.

2024 Air Touring

Thanks!

Hi Bobby, first of all apologies for the vanity name that may be slightly inappropriate - as other Lucid owners might relate, vanity can be fun (and didn’t expect the name “Moderator” to be allowed).

That said, would you mind sending me the plastic printed piece? I am on the edge of doing the Twraps solution but thought yours might be a little more clean and simple for my needs. I can’t DM.

2024 Air Touring

Thanks!
Happy to. You can also email me if you'd like: [email protected]

2024 Air Touring

Thanks!
@Bobby's wedge is great, but keep in mind you'll still need to buy a magsafe puck (or two, if you want two chargers). The nice part about the @TWRAPS solution is that it sits right on top, still allows access to the storage, and is a single cable, not two.

I just use the cars cable management and a lightning cord, it works real well and is an efficient use of the console cavity.

Back