Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
71QEHSHU
Hello

Has anybody faced these noises?

Clicking sounds from the front passenger seat as you make turns or go through bumps? I have had this issue for some time now, Lucid did replace my seat and it works fine for some time until it comes back again. This is the second time now.

Also I get vibration noise from the back of the floating panel, closer to the windshield, which occurs some times at high speeds like 75+ mph and other times at even 50 mph. not consistent but seems like external wind has some influence. Have a hard time reproducing it for the technician.

If you have any experience or insights into this please let me know.

Pranav

Hello

Clicking sounds from the front passenger seat as you make turns or go through bumps? I have had this issue for some time now, Lucid did replace my seat and it works fine for some time until it comes back again. This is the second time now.

Also I get vibration noise from the back of the floating panel, closer to the windshield, which occurs some times at high speeds like 75+ mph and other times at even 50 mph. not consistent but seems like external wind has some influence. Have a hard time reproducing it for the technician.

Pranav
Look into "Parcel Shelf" fix for the second vibration noise coming from the back.

Hello

Pranav
Have similar issues.
Clicking sounds from the front seat was kind of fixed with steering wheel adjustment for me (Yes, its odd. All the time i though it was my seat marking noice but its from steering).
For the second issue, i have the same and didnt found whats causing it yet :(

Also I get vibration noise from the back of the floating panel, closer to the windshield, which occurs some times at high speeds like 75+ mph and other times at even 50 mph.
If you’re referring to the parcel shelf you’re probably best to get some foam and fix it yourself. Mine has been in 2 times to get it addressed and keeps coming back. The Service Center tried to insinuate it was my fault because I got the windows tinted and knocked it out of alignment but the tinting was done before the first time they looked at the issue and it still came back a second time.

I can put up with unaligned panels and other minor things but what I can’t stand in a car is creaks and rattles. The steering wheel creak and parcel shelf creak seem to be issues that just won’t go away no matter what model year you have.

If you’re referring to the parcel shelf you’re probably best to get some foam and fix it yourself. Mine has been in 2 times to get it addressed and keeps coming back. The Service Center tried to insinuate it was my fault because I got the windows tinted and knocked it out of alignment but the tinting was done before the first time they looked at the issue and it still came back a second time.

I can put up with unaligned panels and other minor things but what I can’t stand in a car is creaks and rattles. The steering wheel creak and parcel shelf creak seem to be issues that just won’t go away no matter what model year you have.
Both issues they've been working on iterative improvements for over the years. I've had my car in for service over 7 times for each of these issues and they've finally got it figured out. There should be a TSB that you can ask your service center to implement on your vehicle with the latest rework process and both should be fixed if they do it correctly. My parcel shelf is silent now (I've probably had my car mobile valet'd to and from the SC over 2000 miles at this point so I know the frustrations).

TSB #'s are below as well.

Steering Wheel Creak: TSB-T1022-001-03 with comments: Performed TSB-T1022-001-03, buttons still squeak loosened T20 that holds button on then moved as far up on the X-axis to gainclearance for the buttons

Parcel Shelf Vibration/Rattle: TSB-N0523-001-02 Parcel Shelf Rework for Squeak Prevention

As a counterpoint, mine was replaced once and the rattle has never come back. YMMV, I suppose.

Thanks All! Appreciate all the feedback. I have a follow up appointment on 19th and will discuss about parcel shelf and TSBs and share back my experience.

Back