I Thought This Is A Lucid "Owners" Forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're a random person on the internet Bobby :)

i'll stick with option 4 for now.
If it makes you feel better, there are about 30 people on this website who met me in person last weekend at the San Diego meet up. They will confirm that I do indeed exist. That said, you have made your choice. I think this is an example of 'No good deed goes unpunished.'

maybe we can ask them to write username on a piece of paper and take a pic of it from your car's interior. if you guys think it's easy to fake lucid's interior, maybe ask for more pics with partial VIN number idk 🤷‍♂️not my idea. this is how swappa verify that the phone you're selling is indeed yours.

maybe other verified members can vouch for people whom they have met in real life 🤷‍♂️

None of those are any better? I've used Swappa before and have been burned by fake "write the listing number on a piece of paper and take a picture iwth the phone" listings before. That's hardly reliable. All that means is that someone wrote something on a piece of paper and took a picture of it.

Partial VIN...you might as well get the whole VIN? The point of the screenshot that is being requested (in case you haven't read the site and what it asks for) is a screenshot of your phone app on the Shield tab page where you can see tire pressure, mileage, and VIN. You don't even need to use your full name in the form if you don't want to. Bobby deletes the images right after verifying them. He doesn't want to keep that information.

Vouching for people is always tricky and there are plenty of people that don't want others on the forum to know that they've met other users in real life.

At the end of the day, the point of any verification system is to make it just annoying enough to fake that most people won't bother (especially those who are just trolling), but easy enough that those who want it can do it. We're not setting up Fort Knox here, just adding a way of filtering potential noise.

You don't have to participate, no one is holding it against you.

If it makes you feel better, there are about 30 people on this website who met me in person last weekend at the San Diego meet up. They will confirm that I do indeed exist. That said, you have made your choice. I think this is an example of 'No good deed goes unpunished.'
i was kidding when i said that. i know you're real and i have seen your profile elsewhere. i'm just thinking out loud for all users who may not have seen the other profile.

Somehow I thought with VIN, you can use it to cross reference car history, ownership history and physical addresses somewhere. But I do trust this forum’s admins have all good intentions.

If it's a good deed in the first place...

My take is that the moderators have the prerogative to decide how the forum should best move forward.
They have made their decision and I should respect that, rather than discussing alternatives, potential issues, etc.
After all, few problems have a perfect solution.

Somehow I thought with VIN, you can use it to cross reference car history, ownership history and physical addresses somewhere. But I do trust this forum’s admins have all good intentions.
Your VIN is prominently displayed at the base of your windshield for anybody to look at or take a picture. Then they can follow you home and have your address.

This thread has now met its end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back