borski

Grand Magistrate; Referral Code - Q1BTN5Y3
Verified Owner
Cars
Air DE-P, ZR, 21"
DE Number
Referral Code
Q1BTN5Y3
My car (DE# 241) is in service, for random minor nitpicks (rear windshield retinting because they cracked it when replacing the cantrails, rear deck lid moulding glue came off, etc., nothing major) and am driving the Infiniti Q50 they rented me from Hertz.

Service is impeccable, and they’re even dropping it off at my detailer (OCDetailing) to get both windshields recoated with ceramic and PPF the one door handle they’re replacing (the driver’s side is a little loose), and then towing the rental from OCD to Hertz for me. I should mention that when I picked up the rental I just picked it up from Lucid service and they had handled the entire transaction for me; signed the rental contract at Lucid Millbrae.

But every time I drive this 40k-mile Q50 with nearly-bald tires, I’m reminded of just how much I miss my DE. It’s so easy to forget how much you love the car once you get used to driving it - the pleasure fades a bit because you forget the comparison, but it is thrust right into focus when you drive a different car, haha.

I miss my baby :(

I am feeling this too. It has been almost 2 weeks and every time I get in my old Audi, it makes me sad. My current ride is over 100k miles and has certainly seen better days. There are a million little things that keep going wrong in my life -copper pipe leaks that resulted in partial gut reno of house forcing move out for 9 months, electrical shorts, washing machines that fail and dump water on my new floor, back problems that leave me in pain and keep a relatively young person from doing many enjoyable life activities. Every time I got in that car and drove it I felt a sense of serenity and happiness. I don’t care that it was slow to boot - I have patience. The drive was amazing. Now it is just added to my constant list of things that are broken and problems I need to deal with on a daily basis. No end in sight to when my happiness machine will be back . . .

Well, at least LUCID is providing your rental. My insurance company got me a Nissan Kick, which was filthy and drives like a go-cart compared to my AGT. My phone let me know one update was done while she's been in for repairs and another is pending. We'll see when I get hints of a timeline to bring her home.

I kept one ICE car knowing I would need a relyable spare for a year or so. Did expect the Lucid to have problems so not upset or worried as I wait for a new screen module. It's a shame that my particular issue (no right screen or pilot panel) prevents me from exploring the car's features. It would be nice as I wait for service, to be able to scroll through the menus and learn how they work. As it is I just sit in the garage and dream about driving an electric vehicle.
PXL_20220930_112919743.jpg

this is my Lucid experience: sitting in the garage since 29 Sept. wondering why the car keeps turning on and off. You see it's on right now ... it took me two months to realize that just having the key fobs in Faraday pouches was not enough: the phone app was turning the car on and off with that 1 minute delay, so I never associated me having my phone in my pocket with the car's behavior. I thought it was getting downloads all this time, and that's why the car seemed to be randomly turning on. I did not know a download comes with a notification, needs to be user implemented, and locks the car. I should have read the manual. Thought the process would be automatic and happen overnight after detecting the car idle.

The first few weeks I spent hours in the garage looking at the car as it turned off and on, not realizing the delay on the phone app was doing the mischief. It was only a few days ago borski learned me I could turn the phone app off. Can you tell I'm over 70 and don't do tech? "Click on the Start button and scroll to ..." "Wait. Where is the start button?" "On the home screen look at..." "Which one is the home screen?" This is why google is no help, and I'm afraid to ask because you have to know something just to ask the question. Also Windows seems to like to change the words and the locations of it's buttons. It's rare when a helpful person uses the same terms as what the user sees: "go to the program manager" oh wait....the newer version of windows calls it something else....why?

My confusion over how the fobs work (for one day then battery dies) and how the phone app works (once it's on it's always on and will torment your car anytime it's in smell distance) and how a download works; became a disaster. My car has had no downloads at all (never received a notification), and now it's completely off the reservation. I can't even tell what version it was delivered with (screens out), or get into the glove box, behind which lies the suspected dead video module.

But it's nice to look at. I have car art.

Last edited:
I kept one ICE car knowing I would need a relyable spare for a year or so. Did expect the Lucid to have problems so not upset or worried as I wait for a new screen module. It's a shame that my particular issue (no right screen or pilot panel) prevents me from exploring the car's features. It would be nice as I wait for service, to be able to scroll through the menus and learn how they work. As it is I just sit in the garage and dream about driving an electric vehicle. View attachment 6513
this is my Lucid experience: sitting in the garage since 29 Sept. wondering why the car keeps turning on and off. You see it's on right now ... it took me two months to realize that just having the key fobs in Faraday pouches was not enough: the phone app was turning the car on and off with that 1 minute delay, so I never associated me having my phone in my pocket with the car's behavior. I thought it was getting downloads all this time, and that's why the car seemed to be randomly turning on. I did not know a download comes with a notification, needs to be user implemented, and locks the car. I should have read the manual. Thought the process would be automatic and happen overnight after detecting the car idle.

The first few weeks I spent hours in the garage looking at the car as it turned off and on, not realizing the delay on the phone app was doing the mischief. It was only a few days ago borski learned me I could turn the phone app off. Can you tell I'm over 70 and don't do tech? "Click on the Start button and scroll to ..." "Wait. Where is the start button?" "On the home screen look at..." "Which one is the home screen?" This is why google is no help, and I'm afraid to ask because you have to know something just to ask the question. Also Windows seems to like to change the words and the locations of it's buttons. It's rare when a helpful person uses the same terms as what the user sees: "go to the program manager" oh wait....the newer version of windows calls it something else....why?

My confusion over how the fobs work (for one day then battery dies) and how the phone app works (once it's on it's always on and will torment your car anytime it's in smell distance) and how a download works; became a disaster. My car has had no downloads at all (never received a notification), and now it's completely off the reservation. I can't even tell what version it was delivered with (screens out), or get into the glove box, behind which lies the suspected dead video module.

But it's nice to look at. I have car art.

Hang in there friend. Things will improve.
The tech is overwhelming but it’s becoming more intuitive as they do software updates.

Back