Hunting wild Lucid Airs

Have you spotted your first wild Air?

• Yup!

Votes: 179 59.5%
  • Maybe? Wasn't sure.

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Nope! Still looking!

Votes: 49 16.3%
  • I'm the wild Air you're hunting! (owner)

Votes: 70 23.3%

• Total voters
Had dinner at Michael’s in Timonium, MD last night (Friday 5/12) and saw this black Touring with FLA plates. Never found the owner. I was so shocked to see another Lucid when I pulled in that I almost wrecked MY Touring 🙂. Was this anyone on this forum?View attachment 12270
Looks like mine but i can assure you i wasn't anywhere close to MD.

Cars and coffee in Peekskill. Two guys from sales out of white plains trying to convert the unholy ICE disciples
IMG_5555.jpeg

In the parking lot of a Best Buy yesterday, my Lucid GT Quantum Gray (Stealth) attracted a small crowd. One of the young men said as he was taking a picture, “That’s my next car…A Tesla!”

I’m OK with the mistaken identity :)

In the parking lot of a Best Buy yesterday, my Lucid GT Quantum Gray (Stealth) attracted a small crowd. One of the young men said as he was taking a picture, “That’s my next car…A Tesla!”

I’m OK with the mistaken identity :)
Here’s the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0870.jpeg
    IMG_0870.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0873.jpeg
    IMG_0873.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0869.jpeg
    IMG_0869.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 142
quantum gray looks sweet with the stealth... i think i would've finished her off with tinted windows! but yeah - looks killer

quantum gray looks sweet with the stealth... i think i would've finished her off with tinted windows! but yeah - looks killer
Totally agree —> window tint and full PPF at the end of May. I drove her straight to the detail guy.

PXL_20230520_185123620.jpg

I've ridden past this driveway at least once a week for the last 8 months, and my jaw dropped when I saw this.

I got caught trying to sneak a photo and had a brief conversation with the owner. Super nice guy, and was very positive about the car. For what it is worth, he also owns an older gen Model S.

Not on the forum but it sounds like he knows a few owners that might be.

I was visiting my friend's house in Burr Ridge, Illinois and we were driving around checking the neighborhood. I was actually comparing his 5 series to my Lucid when we spotted a white Lucid parked in the driveway. This was near the Orthodox church on Fieldstone dr. I wonder if it's someone from here. We both thought it was funny because we were literally talking about Lucid. It was dark and we couldn't make out the model.

There's one in my neighborhood (master plan really, so larger than neighborhood), which I've seen twice but he hasn't seen me. I hope to flash the lights when we connect.

There's one in my neighborhood (master plan really, so larger than neighborhood), which I've seen twice but he hasn't seen me. I hope to flash the lights when we connect.
@GMan not that many of us (I hope...) aren't here to float our egos (but take credit is where credit is due, don't be ashamed about any success in your life or being a first adopter), but how awesome does it feel to be the only on one the block where everyone takes a pic or wants to talk to you about the car? I just find it funny that when I pull it out of the garage to drive it around the neighborhood for basic errands, it gets more attention than I want with photos, video, thumbs up, etc. whereas, I just wanted to get the best EV out there when I converted to EV. As much I want to be the silent and exclusive owner on the block, I want these cars to be sold as I'm both an investor, and I want parts for replacements in the future!!!

Where did you spot this one? I saw a similar one on Van Nuys Blvd in Sherman Oaks. I was going through a light heading south, and he was turning left at the light in the opposite direction. We flashed our high beams at each other.

It certainly could be the same one. This photo was taken on the boarder between Pasadena and Arcadia.

@GMan not that many of us (I hope...) aren't here to float our egos (but take credit is where credit is due, don't be ashamed about any success in your life or being a first adopter), but how awesome does it feel to be the only on one the block where everyone takes a pic or wants to talk to you about the car? I just find it funny that when I pull it out of the garage to drive it around the neighborhood for basic errands, it gets more attention than I want with photos, video, thumbs up, etc. whereas, I just wanted to get the best EV out there when I converted to EV. As much I want to be the silent and exclusive owner on the block, I want these cars to be sold as I'm both an investor, and I want parts for replacements in the future!!!
I agree! I'm not the type to show of. If anything I avoid any spotlight but people do notice the car and asks all sorts of questions. I always offer if they want to see the car or even get in. Again not to brag but because I really appreciate the quality of the car and I like sharing the joy I have with owning and driving a Lucid.

I've only seen two in the wilds so far. I'll be going to Newark today for a non-Lucid event. Perhaps I'll see more Lucids.

Zenith Red, aftermarket black wheels, Costco, Cherry Hill, NJ 5/30 afternoon. NJ tags IIRC. Someone on this forum perhaps?

Quantum/Tahoe on East River Drive headed to Manayunk 21 May ... note the Wissahickon shist bulging out into the right lane...where the left lane offers a head-on with a tourist gawking at the row-boats (8-man shells). This is part of my proposed route to feature the exciting roads around Philly. Speed limit 25. Average speed 55.
PXL_20230521_194007033.jpg

I was visiting my friend's house in Burr Ridge, Illinois and we were driving around checking the neighborhood. I was actually comparing his 5 series to my Lucid when we spotted a white Lucid parked in the driveway. This was near the Orthodox church on Fieldstone dr. I wonder if it's someone from here. We both thought it was funny because we were literally talking about Lucid. It was dark and we couldn't make out the model.
I'm in that area most weekdays in my white GT, but I'm never parked in a driveway. Glad to see some in that area, hopefully they catch on.

@Genghis & @noobzilla, I am the guy who does not like the spotlight at all. For the first 2 weeks, I literally felt uncomfortable driving during daylight hours and would instead go out at night in my Infinite Black Lucid.

I've gradually become more comfortable over time and am less self-conscious sort of speak. But as you guys have mentioned, the attention finds us and we accommodate by offering views, answering questions, and speaking the truth about how utterly fantastic this vehicle is. Some lady yelled out her window to me at a stop light "Beautiful Car" just the other week. My level of promotion grows stronger everyday because of the confidence that grows everyday I own this car, and yes of course, I want the company to succeed!

@Genghis , I do admit that I like the fact that out of the 5 other Lucid's that I've seen in the wild (4 @ EA, and 1 on the road as mentioned), I do still like the fact that none of them look like mine (e.g. Infinite Black) and so I still do feel pretty unique out there.

I couldn’t snap a photo but I drove past a parked Gold DE in Providence RI on Wickenden street with Florida plates. Was it anyone on here?

Spotted a Zenith red? On the bike again. Climbing uphill towards La Canada Country Club.

Threw a thumbs up, in between gasps of air, no time to snap a photo.

Back