Hunting wild Lucid Airs

Have you spotted your first wild Air?

• Yup!

Votes: 183 59.4%
  • Maybe? Wasn't sure.

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Nope! Still looking!

Votes: 50 16.2%
  • I'm the wild Air you're hunting! (owner)

Votes: 72 23.4%

• Total voters
Airs are popping up all over. I just saw this Pure tonight at the hospital parking lot. The color roof with matching side mirror caps is beautiful but the 19” rims have to go!

Attachments

• A06F553C-21A9-4FC7-9A2D-46D5AA5D132D.jpeg
    A06F553C-21A9-4FC7-9A2D-46D5AA5D132D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 155
  • 6DE9F52F-DBF6-49D0-8784-593EF3BD25DD.jpeg
    6DE9F52F-DBF6-49D0-8784-593EF3BD25DD.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 156
Stopped for my first charge at EA yesterday off of 95 in Abingdon, MD. Met a very nice guy, Dave, who complimented me on the car. He had been planning to buy a GT a few months ago but held off because of the software issues. Was still driving his Model S but knew more about my car than I did. Turns out he runs or helps to run Out of Spec reviews. His son Kyle does all the videos. I told him I'd seen many of the videos and they're great. He was driving from Florida to Connecticut in his MS but using only EA chargers to see how they compared with the Tesla chargers. He said so far they were doing pretty well. Felt like a met a celebrity :)

Airs are popping up all over. I just saw this Pure tonight at the hospital parking lot. The color roof with matching side mirror caps is beautiful but the 19” rims have to go!
The 19s look better with the plastic removed. While I love the look of the 21s, with NY roads and need for all season I went with the 19s.

Just got back from a drive over the holidays from Charlotte to Alpharetta, GA to Tuscaloosa, AL to Laurel, MS to New Orleans, LA to Seaside, FL and back to Charlotte and saw exactly 0 Lucids, of any trim level.

I agree that the 19” wheels with the aero caps could look better. That’s why I ordered the silver wheel caps and black lugnut covers. Big improvement IMO though I do sacrifice some range.
B0D61CB0-F36D-42AD-8B3C-59B0669C93B4.jpeg

Nice! I heard every time someone spots @Bobby in the wild he will buy you a beer :)
Why was this not listed somewhere in the forum?!?!

I guess it’s a free pass because it was before double digits in the AM. You got off easy this time Bobby!

E27100E7-9370-4358-BF89-501498AD46E5.jpeg

I’ve spotted @Tesla2Lucid… in a valet queue… at Lucid Beverly Hills studio… at a Lucid event. Does that get me anything?? It was like shooting fish in a barrel with regard to the topic of this post 😂

Why was this not listed somewhere in the forum?!?!

I guess it’s a free pass because it was before double digits in the AM. You got off easy this time Bobby!
Well I made it up, but knowing him he will honor it ;) I'll also probably have to Venmo him to help out since I started it, haha! If someone spots me in the wild I'll do the same!

He did that by purpose but theres no issue with that..

Not sure what you mean? I certainly parked behind the other Lucid on purpose in order to take the photo.

I was circling the main parking lot (which you see in the background of the photo) looking for a parking space near the restaurant when a passenger in our car spotted the other Lucid parked in a more remote section. So I pulled in behind it to take the picture . . . and for fun.

In all, this makes seven Airs of which we are aware in Naples. My partner has seen a white one (1) and a black one (2) on the highway out to our house. (He's actually seen what he thinks to be the same black car twice.) Our detailer has seen a gold one (3). One day a friend saw a red one (4) on a major road near our house and texted to see if it was ours (5). As we were sitting at home, it wasn't. He took a picture of it with his cell phone. Last night we looked again at that picture and saw that it had 21" wheels whereas the one in this parking lot (6) has the 19" wheels. So, counting ours, that makes the third red Air in Naples. And there is a white Air (7) on display at the Mercedes dealership next door to the strip mall where this restaurant is.

The Mercedes dealership had a display in its showroom of EV sedans that compete with the EQS: the white Air, a Porsche Taycan, and a Tesla Model S. It was perhaps meant to showcase the contrast with an EQS. Interestingly, though, there was no EQS to be seen. We have seen only two EQS' in Naples in the time frame we've encountered seven Airs.

Not sure what you mean? I certainly parked behind the other Lucid on purpose in order to take the photo.

I was circling the main parking lot (which you see in the background of the photo) looking for a parking space near the restaurant when a passenger in our car spotted the other Lucid parked in a more remote section. So I pulled in behind it to take the picture . . . and for fun.

In all, this makes seven Airs of which we are aware in Naples. My partner has seen a white one (1) and a black one (2) on the highway out to our house. (He's actually seen what he thinks to be the same black car twice.) Our detailer has seen a gold one (3). One day a friend saw a red one (4) on a major road near our house and texted to see if it was ours (5). As we were sitting at home, it wasn't. He took a picture of it with his cell phone. Last night we looked again at that picture and saw that it had 21" wheels whereas the one in this parking lot (6) has the 19" wheels. So, counting ours, that makes the third red Air in Naples. And there is a white Air (7) on display at the Mercedes dealership next door to the strip mall where this restaurant is.

The Mercedes dealership had a display in its showroom of EV sedans that compete with the EQS: the white Air, a Porsche Taycan, and a Tesla Model S. It was perhaps meant to showcase the contrast with an EQS. Interestingly, though, there was no EQS to be seen. We have seen only two EQS' in Naples in the time frame we've encountered seven Airs.
I would 100% go out of my way to park next to another Lucid if I saw one out and about :)

Passed by a white one on the road two days ago in Chesterfield, MO. Hoping to purchase one this spring!

I would 100% go out of my way to park next to another Lucid if I saw one out and about :)
84E67562-0768-401A-BFB1-5B83EC7E7F9A.jpeg

This was Bay Area over the summer. The three little (adorable) monsters in the middle spotted a Lucid for the first time and they demanded we park near it. So, definitely agree with you here 😂

Back