How to lower suspension?

You don’t need to reprogram the TPMS if you just switch tires. It’s when you’re switching *wheel size* that you do. I do hope they make that user serviceable though. Right now they charge an hour of labor.
I get so confused on this subject I paid 200$ to switch from 19 inch to my 20 inch square setup.
My understudy the 200$ is just to make sure the TPMS sensor cause I virtually see no change on how energy was reported or even there is “wheel switch” program. Could you help explain? My plan was next time I switch back to 19s was gonna be just live the setting

I get so confused on this subject I paid 200$ to switch from 19 inch to my 20 inch square setup.
My understudy the 200$ is just to make sure the TPMS sensor cause I virtually see no change on how energy was reported or even there is “wheel switch” program. Could you help explain? My plan was next time I switch back to 19s was gonna be just live the setting
19 inch and 20 inch are different sizes wheels. As a result, you need the TPMS reprogrammed. If you were swapping tires on to the same set of wheels, no need to adjust TPMS.

Internally, their software knows about your wheel size for range calculations, tire pressure monitoring, and various other adjustments inside the car.

Internally, their software knows about your wheel size for range calculations, tire pressure monitoring, and various other adjustments inside the car.
I switched from 19" to 21" so TPMS warning is always on. I inspect tires ~ weekly (when I check to see if I've lost the triangle air dam in front of the front tires) and check air pressures. After a few months I don't notice the light so no worries.

The indicated speed is 2 mph lower than the radar readout on the speed indicating signs in neighborhoods. Assuming the radar is accurate, this is about right for the larger wheels. I'm using % , not miles, as my gas gauge. Don't really care about range as there is more than enough range in this car, plenty of chargers around, and a Betty Boob in the garage.
PXL_20221220_205330602.jpg

Boop Boop de Doop

Last edited:
I switched from 19" to 21" so TPMS warning is always on. I inspect tires ~ weekly (when I check to see if I've lost the triangle air dam in front of the front tires) and check air pressures. After a few months I don't notice the light so no worries.

The indicated speed is 2 mph lower than the radar readout on the speed indicating signs in neighborhoods. Assuming the radar is accurate, this is about right for the larger wheels. I'm using % , not miles, as my gas gauge. Don't really care about range as there is more than enough range in this car, plenty of chargers around, and a Betty Boob in the garage.
View attachment 13308
Boop Boop de Doop
You the man this is exactly what I will do if I switch back to my black 19s

View attachment 13308
Boop Boop de Doop
The 2mph difference is because the Lucid speedometer overreports by 2mph; lots of car companies overreport by 1-2mph for liability reasons.

The 2mph difference is because the Lucid speedometer overreports by 2mph; lots of car companies overreport by 1-2mph for liability reasons.
I've used this calculator in the past when trying to find wider/taller wheels for other vehicles we've owned. Calculates speedometer error between two different sizes. I put taller tires on my daughter's F150 and now tell her 'Remember, you're going faster than you think'. The tires aren't that much taller so it's only 0.5 mph faster at 60, but she doesn't know that. ;)

Is there a way to lower suspension like with after market chain links? I know in Model S unplugged made these links you can adjust that allow you to lower fender ride height to make wheels look sharp. Any after market stuff for this yet?

Like to close the gap here
View attachment 12797
Yes just lowered mine love it and rides even better. Eibach will be releasing a spring in a few months. They just test fitted my car with a set.

Yes just lowered mine love it and rides even better. Eibach will be releasing a spring in a few months. They just test fitted my car with a set.
Oh you gotta show a picture !!?

Back