Neurio

Referral Code: I79OY1W7
Verified Owner
Cars
Matte Grey Air GT
DE Number
Referral Code
I79OY1W7
I have discovered a mostly reliable solution to keeping your playlist active between drives on Tidal:

Pause the song before you leave the car. When you get back in the car, unpause to continue where you left off.

That's it. I've been doing that for the past 2 weeks and it seems to work about 90% of the time. I feel like the times it hasn't worked have likely been related to my car unlocking/locking due to mobile key proximity.

Hope this works for everyone else!

How has it been working out for you so far? Curious to see if others have the same success I've seen.
It hasn't worked at all. I gave up trying.

I tried it once and it worked. Thanks Neurio! Now I just have to remember to pause the song 😏

I tried it once and it worked as well. However I keep forgetting to try again!

Ok, one other trick I may have discovered for when the pause trick doesn't work:

If your playlist resets when you get in the car, if you skip the song when it starts to play, it'll go on to another song from the playlist and restore the old playlist you were listening to. The few times I've tried, it sometimes restores everything to where it was, but sometimes it restarts the playlist with a different order (I always listen to them on random). Occasionally, it just doesn't work. I can't figure out any specific pattern.

Can anyone verify that this works for them? The pause truck is working ~75% of the time for me still.

Ok, one other trick I may have discovered for when the pause trick doesn't work:

If your playlist resets when you get in the car, if you skip the song when it starts to play, it'll go on to another song from the playlist and restore the old playlist you were listening to. The few times I've tried, it sometimes restores everything to where it was, but sometimes it restarts the playlist with a different order (I always listen to them on random). Occasionally, it just doesn't work. I can't figure out any specific pattern.

Can anyone verify that this works for them? The pause truck is working ~75% of the time for me still.
When I skip, it usually gives me an error because it doesn't remember any songs after the one that's playing. If I let the song play and finish, it plays a song from another random playlist.

I really, really need Lucid to fix/overhaul the Tidal app!!!!!!

Tidal playlist is like betting on black in roulette ~47.4%... not quite 50/50 for me. I've done both the pause and skip method. Simply put, not great app integration, and we're trying to figure out workarounds something that should be intuitively working natively as designed. Amazing sound, (especially listening to INXS Atom mixes or When Doves Cry by Prince 😀), but the app needs to be better integrated to make playlists work correctly.

Tidal playlist is like betting on black in roulette ~47.4%... not quite 50/50 for me. I've done both the pause and skip method. Simply put, not great app integration, and we're trying to figure out workarounds something that should be intuitively working natively as designed. Amazing sound, (especially listening to INXS Atom mixes or When Doves Cry by Prince 😀), but the app needs to be better integrated to make playlists work correctly.
Oh, I agree 100%. Just trying to find hacks that work for the time being while they are hopefully working on the app (Lucid? Tidal?) to make it more user friendly. Just give us the options to save a playlist, favorite a song, be able to play out saved stations (not just the playlists), and probably a bunch of other things that don't come to mind right now.

Oh, I agree 100%. Just trying to find hacks that work for the time being while they are hopefully working on the app (Lucid? Tidal?) to make it more user friendly. Just give us the options to save a playlist, favorite a song, be able to play out saved stations (not just the playlists), and probably a bunch of other things that don't come to mind right now.
I have a list, but I won't bore you to death with it. I'll probably email customer service again with my updates/suggestions at some point.

Bumping this for folks that don't know yet, 2.1.2, or 2.1.3. or 2.1.7 whichever version you have in your car, Lucid snuck in a sneaky fix to the Tidal app. The pause your song method is no longer needed. This should no longer be an issue.

Bumping this for folks that don't know yet, 2.1.2, or 2.1.3. or 2.1.7 whichever version you have in your car, Lucid snuck in a sneaky fix to the Tidal app. The pause your song method is no longer needed. This should no longer be an issue.
I can confirm that this works. Tried it multiple times today with 100% success.

I can confirm that this works. Tried it multiple times today with 100% success.
I am at 2.1.33, and it finally works for me. However, the playlist showing on the Pilot Panel very rarely will display the current song being played whether in straight play or shuffle. It will usually show the first song in a playlist and stay there even though a different song is playing. If I want to see what is coming next, I have to scroll down, through what could be 200 songs, looking for where the amber highlight bar is to find out what next. SOMETIMES it will go right to the song being played , but usually not. I almost have to pull off the road to do all of that scrolling.
Customer Service was here last week for wiper blades, I asked, he thought it was a TIDAL issue, not LUCID. How does yours work? Same as mine?

I am at 2.1.33, and it finally works for me. However, the playlist showing on the Pilot Panel very rarely will display the current song being played whether in straight play or shuffle. It will usually show the first song in a playlist and stay there even though a different song is playing. If I want to see what is coming next, I have to scroll down, through what could be 200 songs, looking for where the amber highlight bar is to find out what next. SOMETIMES it will go right to the song being played , but usually not. I almost have to pull off the road to do all of that scrolling.
Customer Service was here last week for wiper blades, I asked, he thought it was a TIDAL issue, not LUCID. How does yours work? Same as mine?
Yeah, there are still many improvements that can be made to the Tidal app. Whenever you leave the playlist screen and then go back, it always starts at the top of the list again. Super frustrating. I wish it would just go back to where you last were to avoid having to scroll endlessly, like you said.

When playing in shuffle, if you don't already do so, hit the shuffle button *before* going to the playlist screen. This will allow the playlist to update to the shuffled list. If you hit the shuffle button while on the playlist, the playlist won't change to the shuffled list - it'll stay in the original order.

Thanks for the tip. I will be taking in for 1 year service, alignment and will ask there again if a TIDAL or LUCID issue.

Back