How much reserve charge does Lucid hold back?

AwesoM

Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Touring
Does anyone know how much Lucid holds back for battery reserves? We have 92KW on our Touring, Im pretty sure we do not have access to all 92KW. Sorry for all these questions, trying to understand our new car 2 days in. This would let me have a better idea what the true range is since in reading in this forum the GOM is pretty inaccurate.

Thanks

Did some basic calculations, I had consumed about 26kw and my SOC was at 70 percent. By that estimate, it would suggest on the touring with a 92kw battery, we have access to about to about 87Kw. So Lucid hold back about 5 percent or so. Is anyone able to confirm the same? Reason is to understand what true range I have left when I am traveling.

I have a touring as well, I think they claim 92KW is net, so that is what will happen if you get to 0% SOC, there is generally a couple 2-3KW (`~10+miles) left in the battery as buffer based on the online tests where they drove the car until it stopped dead.

I have a touring as well, I think they claim 92KW is net, so that is what will happen if you get to 0% SOC, there is generally a couple 2-3KW (`~10+miles) left in the battery as buffer based on the online tests where they drove the car until it stopped dead.
I just did a post on an anecdotal test.. I came up with about 87kw. I looked at my trip info showing how much I had consumed since last charge and looked at the SOC to come up with that number… thoughts on methodology?

If you do the software system check as described in the forum, I get an actual capacity of 88.9kwh. You can check yours just follow the link. There is a ton of information in the forum just search for it.

As near as I can tell, Lucid keeps about 4kWhr below zero SOC as buffer. This was recently confirmed by the range test done by Kyle Conner also.

Just ran the link... capacity_kwhr: 85.82999808155, about 6.7 percent.

There likely is some degradation from new too, I believe the first 2-5k miles.

I recently charged my 8 month old Pure AWD's 92 kWh battery to 100% on a slow charger, and it registered 409 miles at 100%. That's just 1 mile short of the 410 mile EPA estimate on the window sticker. At 92 kWh, the EPA figure comes in at 4.46 miles per kWh. People who have really pushed the envelope have reported as little as -17 miles on their dashboard's EPA range indicator. Please correct me if my logic is flawed, but that suggests to me that there is about a 4 kWh buffer, although it's hard to be precise, as that -17 mile car was still operating. Nice to think that there is about a 4% buffer. I wonder how many launches you could get away with at zero range?

Attachments

• 47629.webp
    47629.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Scalia.Window.Sticker.webp
    Scalia.Window.Sticker.webp
    258.3 KB · Views: 12
I recently charged my 8 month old Pure AWD's 92 kWh battery to 100% on a slow charger, and it registered 409 miles at 100%. That's just 1 mile short of the 410 mile EPA estimate on the window sticker. At 92 kWh, the EPA figure comes in at 4.46 miles per kWh. People who have really pushed the envelope have reported as little as -17 miles on their dashboard's EPA range indicator. Please correct me if my logic is flawed, but that suggests to me that there is about a 4 kWh buffer, although it's hard to be precise, as that -17 mile car was still operating. Nice to think that there is about a 4% buffer. I wonder how many launches you could get away with at zero range?
We have a BMW IX and previously an I4. The GOM in our LUcid reminds me of the I4.. very inaccurate. Which is why important to figure out how much battery available to truly figure out ones range. The BMW IX does a much better job and is almost correct in its estimation has it has an average algo it is using. Perhaps I need to "burn in" my vehicle before things are more reporting more accurately.

Multiply your battery health by 92kWhr before subtracting your capacity.
Holy cow... my battery health is 96%... how can it be 4 percent lower for a vehicle that has less than 300 miles?
Thanks for calling it out... so 0.96 * 92 = 88.32. With the capacity at 85.83, then the true reserve is 2.49 KWs.... is that right?

Holy cow... my battery health is 96%... how can it be 4 percent lower for a vehicle that has less than 300 miles?
Nothing to worry about.
1. This is neither an endorsed nor accurate method of measuring health - as it says on the page, asking your service team is the only way to get that.
2. Sitting time also affects battery health, not just driving time. Check your production date, not just your odometer.
3. Most of your degradation will occur in the first year or so, then taper off.
My battery health is also at 96%, and has been for at least the past 6 months or so. My car was built in Nov 2022.

I have 2 months old pure and battery health is 95.6%. My theory is that includes reserve capacity + degradation. About 4% reserve and .4% degeneration. It is semi informed by the miles range car is reporting using the EPA range that is about 4.75 miles per KWh for my Pure RWD. I might be totally wrong but that is my running theory for now.

Back