How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Been busy, so forgot to post last week. Here’s my 5000 miles update: 4.77 miles/kWh.

6000 miles will probably be reached in October or early November because I’ll be in Europe. Does anyone know how much phantom/vampire drain will decrease lifetime miles/kWh over two weeks?

Attachments

• IMG_9566.jpeg
    IMG_9566.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Been busy, so forgot to post last week. Here’s my 5000 miles update: 4.77 miles/kWh.

6000 miles will probably be reached in October or early November because I’ll be in Europe. Does anyone know how much phantom/vampire drain will decrease lifetime miles/kWh over two weeks?
You've gone 5000 miles and used 5000/4.77 = 1048 kWh

Phantom drain should be less than 1kWh/day * 14 days ~= 14kWh

After those 14 days your new total consumption will be about 1048 kWh + 14 kWh. Over 5000 miles, that's 5000/(1048+14) = 4.71 mi/kWh.

Does anyone know how much phantom/vampire drain will decrease lifetime miles/kWh over two weeks?

Thread 'Vampire Drain Analysis'

Roughly 6% per week.

Thread 'Vampire Drain Analysis'

Roughly 6% per week.
It is more like 0.25% per day or just less than 2% per week.

For me to achieve 4.77 for 5000 miles, I’d have to be driving on Mars.

You've gone 5000 miles and used 5000/4.77 = 1048 kWh

After those 14 days your new total consumption will be about 1048 kWh + 14 kWh. Over 5000 miles, that's 5000/(1048+14) = 4.71 mi/kWh.
You’re awesome, thanks for the calculations!!!

Thanks @Tesla2.0, @Adnillien, and @njg-agt for the info! Now, I have a range to expect, and don’t have to worry about the battery running down too fast or too low while I’m gone if I start around 75%.

I’ll try to remember to take before and after photos to gather more data for us.

Just a question--If I am doing a 400 mile trip on an interstate, would my range be increased if I changed the brake regenerating settings to standard instead of high? Would I be able to coast more to increase my range? Just trying to go farther

Just a question--If I am doing a 400 mile trip on an interstate, would my range be increased if I changed the brake regenerating settings to standard instead of high? Would I be able to coast more to increase my range? Just trying to go farther
I think high regen is the way. Standarad regen will likely result in using the friction brakes more. On the interstate, there should be very little need for either.

So I was away for 5 days and my "vampire drain" was only 7 miles on the range estimate. That's not a big deal.
By the way- I have 4800 miles on my Touring with 20" wheels and my value for the life of the car is 3.4 mi/Kwh. I don't know how you could possibly get 4.77. I use the A/C full time here in Atlanta and drive a little too aggressively. The car is fun to drive so why not? It would be nice to have more range than I'm getting. We have a lot of hills here but I think it is a result of my driving habits and use of the A/C.

So I was away for 5 days and my "vampire drain" was only 7 miles on the range estimate. That's not a big deal.
By the way- I have 4800 miles on my Touring with 20" wheels and my value for the life of the car is 3.4 mi/Kwh. I don't know how you could possibly get 4.77. I use the A/C full time here in Atlanta and drive a little too aggressively. The car is fun to drive so why not? It would be nice to have more range than I'm getting. We have a lot of hills here but I think it is a result of my driving habits and use of the A/C.
I think a lot of us drive more aggressively as the car has more power than any of us need.

But I was curious between the battery chemistries of the car and so wanted to know if anyone is achieving close to the 500+ range on a single charge of AGT, or close to EPA for the Touring as well

I humbly suggest we stop using the term Vampire Drain, or even phantom drain. Vampires and drains are not what I associate with for Lucid.

I propose: Angel's Share. Lovers of old whiskey know what I mean.

https://oakandeden.com/blogs/journa...share refers to,pretty quickly over the years.

I humbly suggest we stop using the term Vampire Drain, or even phantom drain. Vampires and drains are not what I associate with for Lucid.

I propose: Angel's Share. Lovers of old whiskey know what I mean.

https://oakandeden.com/blogs/journal/angel-s-share-whiskey-what-is-it#:~:text=The angel's share refers to,pretty quickly over the years.

Angels are perpetual alcoholics, now I know why they fly high.

with close to 9k miles on my AGT with 21s, I'm averaging a disappointing 2.9. thats about 300 miles to a full charge. truly disappointed. I drive it the same way i do with my plaid and i average better with my plaid.

I think a lot of us drive more aggressively as the car has more power than any of us need.

But I was curious between the battery chemistries of the car and so wanted to know if anyone is achieving close to the 500+ range on a single charge of AGT, or close to EPA for the Touring as well
Touring here. I do most of my driving in areas with the speed limit of 55. so even 10-15 over is basically cruising for big parts of the country.

I've got about 3k miles and the best I get is around 3.7, around 340 mi. I'm on 20inch wheels.

Can't say I ever really get my expected 380miles.

Touring here. I do most of my driving in areas with the speed limit of 55. so even 10-15 over is basically cruising for big parts of the country.

I've got about 3k miles and the best I get is around 3.7, around 340 mi. I'm on 20inch wheels.

Can't say I ever really get my expected 380miles.
I think the 380 is for 19" wheels right?
So that should be amazing range for 20"

How do I calculate my estimated range for a full charge? I'm driving a Pure on 19 inch wheels and averaging 3.7. I always charge to 80%. When people ask what kind of miles I'm getting. I say well it's rated for 410 miles!

Back