• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

How long to get delivery

evdriver

Cars
Tesla Model X, Model 3
Hey folks. New member. Test drove the Lucid Air GT and I’m pretty impressed. Local studio has a few models in stock, but none match exactly what I’d like. If I reserve today, what is the typical wait these days? Website says ‘delivering now’. Do they really mean now? Tx.

Hey folks. New member. Test drove the Lucid Air GT and I’m pretty impressed. Local studio has a few models in stock, but none match exactly what I’d like. If I reserve today, what is the typical wait these days? Website says ‘delivering now’. Do they really mean now? Tx.
Like you said it really depends on the spec you get. But a GT would essentially be deliverable in a few weeks I imagine.

Like you said it really depends on the spec you get. But a GT would essentially be deliverable in a few weeks I imagine.
Tx. Just debating. I’d rather custom order precisely what I want but if it’ll take months, maybe I better grab one they have in stock. If you say a few weeks, it means Lucid has a pretty good production output right now? Would that the common wisdom from folks following Lucid longer than I have?

It’s assumed that many of the cars in stock are cancelled customer orders.

Tx. Just debating. I’d rather custom order precisely what I want but if it’ll take months, maybe I better grab one they have in stock. If you say a few weeks, it means Lucid has a pretty good production output right now? Would that the common wisdom from folks following Lucid longer than I have?
Cars are made in color batches - a bunch of one color of one trim level, followed by a batch of another variant. It depends completely on the trim and color you choose. I imagine Lucid would be happy to help you choose a version you like that's available soon.

Meaning folks refused delivery after PDI?
@Lucken is just guessing about why there is inventory. While there are probably a few cars that buyers walked away from, it is much more likely the color and option batches run in the factory create a few cars in each batch that do not have a reservation. Batching helps the factory run more efficiently.

Of course nobody knows the percentage of cars in inventory that are due to excess batching vs cancelled orders. We’re both conjecturing.

Back