How effective is your air conditioner?

Maybe thats not a bug, maybe its just that when you cycle modes, it directs air to the place that collects air for the other modes. For example, foot vent ac will make the vented seats better if im not mistaken.
Yea but this came from a service tech, so I'm pretty certain it's a bug šŸ˜

There also seems to be a bug on some vehicles where you need to cycle through the climate zones i.e. feet, face, defrost to get it blow properly. Try that if you are seeing issues.
I concur, over half the time my AC starts in Defrost mode even when that icon is not lit. I have to cycle through the buttons to get it to work properly. I have had mine since the day it was delivered last June.
It just cannot cool the car in the Texas Summer for me. I know there are some that beg to differ.

I have not applied tint yet so that may help but the AC is definitely underpowered for the hot areas and the lip prevents proper direction of the vents to the face which would help a little.

I had them check it and they put a bunch of testers In the car and told me it was functioning per specs which was cooling the Car from 105 to 80 or 85 in 15 minutes.

As the poster above put it, by that time one is already close to if not have reached their destination. At this point I do not see how they could ever fix this issue other than making the pre-cool option work better especially when not connected to Wi-Fi.

They should definitely fix the issue where the AC right off the bat comes on in the mode it was left while exiting the Car which for me is a 50-50 shot.

As Kyle on out of spec discovered, make sure the rear climate is always turned on also. I think it leads to much better air circulation maybe due to the shape of the cabin or the increased cooling needed to cool the back of the cabin. Iā€™ve had zero problems with cooling when the rear is turned on, and every time Iā€™ve thought the system wasnā€™t working well I found the rear climate was off, so I turned it on and it helped a lot.

As Kyle on out of spec discovered, make sure the rear climate is always turned on also. I think it leads to much better air circulation maybe due to the shape of the cabin or the increased cooling needed to cool the back of the cabin. Iā€™ve had zero problems with cooling when the rear is turned on, and every time Iā€™ve thought the system wasnā€™t working well I found the rear climate was off, so I turned it on and it helped a lot.
Can I control the rear AC from the driver seat?

There also seems to be a bug on some vehicles where you need to cycle through the climate zones i.e. feet, face, defrost to get it blow properly. Try that if you are seeing issues.

Oh! I thought I was just imagining this, but I'm glad you mentioned it. My GT seems like it is stuck in front windshield defrost most of the time and I need to cycle through the modes to get it back to blowing to the face/body vents.

After leaving the car in an open parking lot for three hours, as expected, the AC automatically sets itself to the fastest fan speed. However, the air seems to be directed to the windshield. It doesn't take long for the cabin to cool down though, and once the fan speed automatically lowers, it eventually starts to direct air out of the vents. Has anyone else experienced the behavior?

Yea but this came from a service tech, so I'm pretty certain it's a bug šŸ˜
Yes. Frank told me the same thing if I ever had issues with the AC - to cycle through the settings.

After leaving the car in an open parking lot for three hours, as expected, the AC automatically sets itself to the fastest fan speed. However, the air seems to be directed to the windshield. It doesn't take long for the cabin to cool down though, and once the fan speed automatically lowers, it eventually starts to direct air out of the vents. Has anyone else experienced the behavior?
Yes, its also the fastest way to cool the car based off owner testing from last summer.

Reactions: off
Oh! I thought I was just imagining this, but I'm glad you mentioned it. My GT seems like it is stuck in front windshield defrost most of the time and I need to cycle through the modes to get it back to blowing to the face/body vents.
This is my experience too. It is weird

My auto does not work like yours. In fact a service technician told me that auto does not control the fan speed. Did you have your HVAC serviced?

My auto does not work like yours. In fact a service technician told me that auto does not control the fan speed. Did you have your HVAC serviced?
Yeah---I think the system is unusual. I got in the car after it was sitting and quite warm inside, and the system did NOT jump up to #10 fan speed. Also if you manually control fan or temp, the system automatically cancels the "automatic" setting When I then touched "automatic" the fans jumped up to 10.

I don't get the logic yet....

Yeah---I think the system is unusual. I got in the car after it was sitting and quite warm inside, and the system did NOT jump up to #10 fan speed. Also if you manually control fan or temp, the system automatically cancels the "automatic" setting When I then touched "automatic" the fans jumped up to 10.

I don't get the logic yet....
My auto adjust fan speed. Set to auto, turn on sync, turn on rear, set the temp and let her rip

Have not had my HVAC serviced since I think it's cooling the cabin down in a reasonable time. Just the first car I've had that directs cold air to the defroster vents first before the main vents.

After having been out all day in the Houston heat, the climate control continues to operate per my initial observation. With four people riding and both front and rear climate control on, It cools down quickly. I leave the mode on auto and the temp at 71, and the fan does adjust automatically, from 10, 7 and finally 5.

Have not had my HVAC serviced since I think it's cooling the cabin down in a reasonable time. Just the first car I've had that directs cold air to the defroster vents first before the main vents.

After having been out all day in the Houston heat, the climate control continues to operate per my initial observation. With four people riding and both front and rear climate control on, It cools down quickly. I leave the mode on auto and the temp at 71, and the fan does adjust automatically, from 10, 7 and finally 5.
I will have service check HVAC auto operation the next time I go. Would be nice to have it work properly.

Reactions: off
Is there max ac button? I just want 59 10 fan speed lol. Is that you all use to cool down from 125?

Back