Looking for opinions on the 21" wheels

I have an AGT with 21" wheels on order; I tried to get the wheels swapped but that's no longer something Lucid is doing. I've read a lot on this forum about the tires not holding up well to potholes, and that they're both expensive and, sometimes, unavailable. But how bad are these tires really? Can they not withstand regular road surfaces, or are they only damaged by large potholes that would probably challenge any tire? Would I be safe driving them for the summer, or should I immediately buy 19" wheels upon delivery of the car?
they aren't switching wheels anymore? ask again.

when I booked my AGT it had those 21" wheels which I asked to swap out for the 19" wheels.
the 21" wheels are summer only tires, they are low profile tires which are prone to failure on rough roads.
the 21" tires on the Air lowers the range of the car.
the 19" wheels and tires are more durable, provide a softer ride and better range.

some might say sacrificing a bit of range for style is important to them. but IMHO any low profile tire is prone to failure.

one of my main reasons for buying the Lucid was it's enormous range, I wanted every mile possible from the car so getting the 19" wheels was a priority for me.

when I booked my AGT it had those 21" wheels which I asked to swap out for the 19" wheels.
the 21" wheels are summer only tires, they are low profile tires which are prone to failure on rough roads.
the 19" wheels and tires are more durable, provide a softer ride and better range.

some might say sacrificing a bit of range for style is important to them. but IMHO any low profile tire is prone to failure.

one of my main reasons for buying the Lucid was it's enormous range, I wanted every mile possible from the car so getting the 19" wheels was a priority for me.
I asked multiple times to multiple people. I even told them they could keep the upcharge for the 21" wheels. No dice.

It is certainly not for style. Summer tires and lower sidewall heights make the car handle much better.

Crazy! On my second set with no issues.
San Diego = roads as smooth as a billiard table. You wouldn't last a DAY in Philly. I used to poo-poo at all the bubble posters, then as I was swapping in the 21"s in for the summer I noticed a small bubble on the right front, that I must have acquired last season. Since I swap my own wheels I check them thoroughly before installing. This bubble was barely detectable. It may have formed over the winter while in storage.

Once installed = what if you get a bubble on the inside? Bobby probably has a bubble on one of his inside - facing tire walls but doesn't know it.
35 series tires should come with an inspection mirror on a pole so you can do a daily check on the inside-facing tire walls.
1714688994176.jpeg
with a light

I find the 21" Pirelli SMOOTHER and QUIETER than the 19", and much better at everything but cold weather and range. For me, it's worth it to have a tire that will not limit what the car can do. I believe the car's suspension was engineered for the 35 sidewall summer tire. I thought I read in the owner's manual something like: " ... don't be an idiot and use SPRINT mode when you have the 19" tires on" or words to that effect. That alone was enough to make me seek out a set of Lucid summer wheels/tires to swap in when the weather permits.

I run 19" Pirelli A/S at 50 psi and the 21" Pirelli at 45 psi
Result: I have two different cars !

I do like the Michelin Pilot tires, but at $250,000 / set ... I can wait.

Back