Homelink

Automatic door opening is optional on Teslas. You can turn it on or off depending on your preferences. If it’s off you can operate Homelink by clicking an in on that remains visible regardless of backup camera status or anything else on the screen. Easy, the way it should be.

Not really. The way it should be is there should be a button (a real button) on the rear view mirror. I understand that moving everything to the screen cuts costs but these are expensive cars so they can afford a few mechanical switches and buttons for those features we use as we drive!

Not really. The way it should be is there should be a button (a real button) on the rear view mirror. I understand that moving everything to the screen cuts costs but these are expensive cars so they can afford a few mechanical switches and buttons for those features we use as we drive!
To my knowledge, the buttons on the rearview mirror are part of a Homelink solution that is located strictly in the mirror itself and does not have any integration with the rest of the car. You can add or remove Homelink from a car just by swapping out the rearview mirror. So if you want to have your garage door open or close automatically based on your car's location, Homelink wouldn't be that mirror-integrated type.

Meh, I always thought in the mirror was ugly. I prefer it in the screen, just have the screen be smart about it

I only have to hit one button… it’s geofenced and pops up when I get home.

How do you have yours set up?
My garage does indeed pop up right when I get home - like the Tesla- but when I back out of garage, I have to turn off backup cameras, bring up garage door, press again to close door.

My garage does indeed pop up right when I get home - like the Tesla- but when I back out of garage, I have to turn off backup cameras, bring up garage door, press again to close door.
Yeah, I was wondering about that too so I paid attention this morning. When leaving I need to pull it up, but when coming home both the gate and the garage pop right up.

Back