HMP10 And Other Florida Owners - Okay??

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
I hope all you Florida owners and your families are doing okay during this catastrophe!! From what I'm seeing on TV it looks really bad. Please stay safe!!

I hope all you Florida owners and your families are doing okay during this catastrophe!! From what I'm seeing on TV it looks really bad. Please stay safe!!
I don’t think I’ve read any recent posting from this crowd.
Hopefully, everyone is safe.
Newbie’s questions:
In an emergency like this evacuation situation, or, say, when there’s a blackout in Calif., how does the charging work? Would EA and the likes still be operational?
How does one prepare if EV is the only vehicle in the household?
Other than charging to 100%, I’m really clueless.

Newbie’s questions:
In an emergency like this evacuation situation, or, say, when there’s a blackout in Calif., how does the charging work? Would EA and the likes still be operational?
Solar panels and generators are my guess.

Thank you for your concern. We are in North Naples and though we had some crazy winds and a lot of rain, our power stayed on throughout the storm. Internet was down for about 24 hours. A few trees are leaning, but we were blessed with minimal damage. Our hearts are with those to the west and to the north. Fort Myers, Sanibel/Captiva, and other out islands really were devastated. Long-term rebuilding process ahead. Appreciate your concern.

Newbie’s questions:
We have very few blackouts here in San Diego, but when there is one charging is a problem. I have solar on my house, but in San Diego it is required that we be tied into the grid, and therefore only electricity works during a blackout for users who have a back up battery, which I do not. Therefore, I plug my car in most of the time when I’m not using it and just keep it at 80%.

My very best to all of you with friends and family in the path of this hurricane.

Looks like we will be spared big problems here in NE Florida. I recently visited Naples and Ft. Myers’s areas and can only imagine the long rebuilding process they are faced with. Can you even think of watching your McClaren float away?
009B75DC-0079-44CB-A88A-61686FDCD19A.jpeg

Wild. Glad to hear so far everyone here seems safe.

Back