Highway speed whirring

extesla

Verified Owner
Cars
Tesla Model S/X AGT
I’ve always noticed the whine at speeds up to about 45mph. Lately I’m hearing a distinct whirring at highway speeds above 65mph. Anyone else?

Maybe just a coincidence, but check out this post, which helped me with a flapping sound coming from the driver's side near the windshield:

Maybe just a coincidence, but check out this post, which helped me with a flapping sound coming from the driver's side near the windshield:

Thanks for the info. I remember your original post and am glad you figured out what the cause was. This is definitely a motor noise, and so I thought I’d put it out there to see if anyone else had the same experience.

Thanks for the info. I remember your original post and am glad you figured out what the cause was. This is definitely a motor noise, and so I thought I’d put it out there to see if anyone else had the same experience.
I also noticed yesterday a slight motor noise when going 82mph. I was also going into the wind, which may have strained the motor more. When I approached a slower vehicle with HWA, the noise would go away as my vehicle would let off the accelerator. I only noticed this since I had the radio turned off, otherwise I would not have heard it. It sounded like the normal motor whine that I get around 35mph, but with an added droning sound superimposed or the whining being modulated up and down. I've never noticed it before and was a bit worried, especially with the flapping sound at the same time.

Back