"Hey Lucid" specific capabilities

I found that Hey Lucid gets triggered very easily, even when I don't think I said anything remotely like Hey Lucid. On the other hand, I tried saying some phrases that were somewhat like Hey Lucid to see if it got triggered, and it didn't. The same thing happened with Alexa in the car on occasion, but I don't have that problem with any devices in my home. It might be because I removed "Alexa" from the choices for wake words.
You can turn off the verbal trigger and just have it tied to the button on the steering wheel if that helps.

I'm finding that "Hey Lucid" is not nearly as functional as Alexa was for my personal usage. I can no longer raise and lower the rear sunscreen by voice. Which is odd that the native system can't control function in the car that were previously done my Alexa.

Really annoying is when changing audio format or channels, Alexa was quick and seamless. Now it hears the command, pauses, plays the earlier channel for a couple seconds, then switches to the new channel eventually. Sounds kind of like skipping around on the radio dial when I was a kid.

The navigation requests used to be most responsive of all my experiences and now it only works with my voice about 1 out 6 times at best.

I also soft reset the OS every couple of days to bring full audio back to the car. For some reason it stops playing sounds from the audio, navigation and turn signals while driving. Other times it has sounds but they are very muted and just certain frequencies. The reset fixes it but I don't know what triggers to stop working.

I am hopeful that over time "Hey Lucid" get develop to be a great system (by being developed in-house) but for now it was a step backward in function.

I'm finding that "Hey Lucid" is not nearly as functional as Alexa was for my personal usage. I can no longer raise and lower the rear sunscreen by voice. Which is odd that the native system can't control function in the car that were previously done my Alexa.

Really annoying is when changing audio format or channels, Alexa was quick and seamless. Now it hears the command, pauses, plays the earlier channel for a couple seconds, then switches to the new channel eventually. Sounds kind of like skipping around on the radio dial when I was a kid.

The navigation requests used to be most responsive of all my experiences and now it only works with my voice about 1 out 6 times at best.

I also soft reset the OS every couple of days to bring full audio back to the car. For some reason it stops playing sounds from the audio, navigation and turn signals while driving. Other times it has sounds but they are very muted and just certain frequencies. The reset fixes it but I don't know what triggers to stop working.

I am hopeful that over time "Hey Lucid" get develop to be a great system (by being developed in-house) but for now it was a step backward in function.
It will absolutely get better over time. The decision to build something on your own has many long-erm benefits, but the short term is always a bit rough.

Back