Opinions about Hey Lucid

Hey Lucid is a v0 release. Give it time. Soundhound has been in this biz for decades, and they’re actually among the best. That’s why so many brands are signing on to use them.

But it takes time to build Lucid-specific voice AI.
 
Fingers crossed! Maybe the AI stuff hasn’t been enabled or something but it can’t even understand navigating to LAX. Tries to navigate to Sweden, must be an ocean tunnel I’m unaware of…. 😂

Definitely not a good look for SoundHound though at the moment.
A year later it still can’t turn on drivers heated seat
 
Brand new 2025 AGT owner.

My 2013 Audi S6 had BMW's attempt at spoken commands -- useless - I tried twice and then gave up.
My wife's Audi S60 Recharge has Google platform. Integrates with Chrome on her PC. Excellent natural language in both directions. Doesn't perfectly control all car functions but it's super easy to get it to do things that matter.

Lucid Assistant has awful speech, an awful GUI ("listening" then proudly tells me the words it heard" - like a 5-year old learning english) and - like my ancient BMW - makes you learn what "it" calls things or you get "not supported in this client" or other useless replies.. My old BMW knew enough to show me prompts / things I could say "next"/ a path to getting it to do things. Lucid just leaves me guessing.
UNWORTHY of this vehicle.
I have been very pleased with it. I've been asking questions to test it's functionality with onboard systems and just general knowledge. I'm surprised at how good it is.
 
I just got a lucid, soo happy i have to get it.
 
Those of us who had our cars back in the Alexa days know that Hey Lucid is at least better than that implementation was. But that's a very low bar.

Hard to say with any certainty, because Lucid generally communicates nothing about these things, but I'm not sure Lucid has worked on this bit of the software stack at all since they launched the initial version and said it was a "work in progress". At least I haven't noticed any improvements. Then again, I gave up on using it months ago.
 
Those of us who had our cars back in the Alexa days know that Hey Lucid is at least better than that implementation was. But that's a very low bar.

Hard to say with any certainty, because Lucid generally communicates nothing about these things, but I'm not sure Lucid has worked on this bit of the software stack at all since they launched the initial version and said it was a "work in progress". At least I haven't noticed any improvements. Then again, I gave up on using it months ago.
I think they've given up on it. I checked it 6 months ago with "Navigate to LAX" and it still couldn't figure it out so I just don't use it.
 
I think they've given up on it. I checked it 6 months ago with "Navigate to LAX" and it still couldn't figure it out so I just don't use it.
I, uh, strongly suspect there is a new non-SoundCloud version coming.
 
I think they've given up on it. I checked it 6 months ago with "Navigate to LAX" and it still couldn't figure it out so I just don't use it.
I've actually been pretty lucky getting to "set a course for" restaurant names or doctor offices or whatever. She almost always asks for clarification (pick list), but then puts it into the nav, touch free. I used it the other night to impress my passengers on a dinner outing.

A bug that I have experienced is the parking screen and/or homelink screen blocking the pick list. You can't interact with it, while she's asking you to pick which one you mean, and after missing it a couple of times she quits responding to Hey Lucid altogether. I had to reboot infotainment to get her working again.
 
Now that “hey lucid” in my gravity can control songs in Spotify and do navigation, I’m content with it. Generally I find it demeaning and frustrating to talk to a computer anyway and those are the only speaking functions I’m ever likely to use.
 
Back
Top