Hello from San Jose, CA

Convergent

Hello Lucid Owners community !

This will be my second EV purchase. I am happy to have found this community. A lot of knowledge here to research all things Lucid. Placed a reservation today for the Air Pure (preference toward AWD and Cosmo Silver).

Welcome to the community!

Curiously, what was your first EV?

Hello Lucid Owners community !

This will be my second EV purchase. I am happy to have found this community. A lot of knowledge here to research all things Lucid. Placed a reservation today for the Air Pure (preference toward AWD and Cosmo Silver).
Welcome! if you want AWD, consider the Touring which has AWD included in the base price.

Is it already delivered? If yes, how do you like it?
Hi Telsa2.0, My OD was 3/27/22 with a EDD around 3rd quarter. White ext/Black int/no FSD/Aero. Looking forward to my delivery date. At least I ordered before they yanked the mobile adapters. I am still hoping that this model will have the matrix lights. I was able to drive my neighbor's 2021 model 3LR before I placed the order. From a person that has never rode or driven a Tesla, it is total paradigm shift from driving a 1996 Toyota Camry. I was caught off guard by the torque and how linear the acceleration is. Also got scared to death when I rode in my neighbor's Plaid.

Welcome! if you want AWD, consider the Touring which has AWD included in the base price.
Hi AZLucidGuy,

I was told "unofficially" by my SA that if I upgrade from a Pure to a Touring they would honor the pre June 1st price. On still on the fence because I am also in the middle of remodeling my entire house. I am curious if you know if the Lucid interior heats up with the glass roof.

Hi AZLucidGuy,

I was told "unofficially" by my SA that if I upgrade from a Pure to a Touring they would honor the pre June 1st price. On still on the fence because I am also in the middle of remodeling my entire house. I am curious if you know if the Lucid interior heats up with the glass roof.
It does somewhat, but so far seems manageable. With yesterday's heat I started looking into tinting, but when I picked up my daughter at 3 pm, it was 98 degrees out yet surprisingly comfortable in the car. I had the AC set to 74 on level 4 and it was perfectly fine for the entire hour I was in the car.

Some have suggested running some AC through the front defrost vents to cool some heat generated from the windshield.

It does somewhat, but so far seems manageable. With yesterday's heat I started looking into tinting, but when I picked up my daughter at 3 pm, it was 98 degrees out yet surprisingly comfortable in the car. I had the AC set to 74 on level 4 and it was perfectly fine for the entire hour I was in the car.
Thanks @GEWC . I am also going to research tinting. Let me know if you know anyone that has experience tinting Lucids. I'm looking at this company in the Bay Area - https://deepreflectionsdetailers.com/

Thanks @GEWC . I am also going to research tinting. Let me know if you know anyone that has experience tinting Lucids. I'm looking at this company in the Bay Area - https://deepreflectionsdetailers.com/
Lol - you just missed a long discussion on this on the telegram group yesterday afternoon! Since you've ordered a Pure, it may be best to touch back on this subject once you have the car, as companies will have more experience by then. Apparently Deep Reflections is sending someone to learn from Lucid how to take apart the door (or whatever needs to be done) to do it right.

We've hit 105-106...today driving home, it was 105...the air worked very well, and again, I felt comfortable. Now I did have the fan at 7, but as long as I'm not trying to cool the car while it's sitting, I've been fine. It could be perception, but I think it does make a difference on the coolness of the air the lower you have the thermostat set to. Not sure if anyone else has noticed that or it's just my imagination. I keep it at 60.

Back