• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello from Pittsburgh PA

Pittsburgher

Verified Owner
Cars
93 MB500e, 08 BMW528i 6M,
Greetings from Steeler Country ! I signed my sales agreement yesterday. As I understand it the vehicle is in Chicago and will take delivery at my home around the end of March (closest studio is 4hrs away, Tysons Corner / DC, so I opted for the home delivery). Like most on the forum (I suspect), I am genetically wired to a lifelong fascination with all things automotive. By far, this will be the most technically advanced vehicle I have had the pleasure of owning (although the W124 500e was arguably a similar combination of space, luxury, handling and supercar performance, in it's day). I am soooo excited to join this club !

Advice, tips, or suggestions pre or during delivery (e.g., things to make sure I ask or cover off with the DA) are greatly appreciated ! Or if there are any existing threads that are "must reads" prior to taking delivery, please point me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance !

Hello and welcome! Congrats! Which trim did you go with?

I’m in SoCal now but originally from around Altoona. Miss the colors of fall, seasons and living in the mountains. Those windy roads will be perfect!

Greetings from Steeler Country ! I signed my sales agreement yesterday. As I understand it the vehicle is in Chicago and will take delivery at my home around the end of March (closest studio is 4hrs away, Tysons Corner / DC, so I opted for the home delivery). Like most on the forum (I suspect), I am genetically wired to a lifelong fascination with all things automotive. By far, this will be the most technically advanced vehicle I have had the pleasure of owning (although the W124 500e was arguably a similar combination of space, luxury, handling and supercar performance, in it's day). I am soooo excited to join this club !

Advice, tips, or suggestions pre or during delivery (e.g., things to make sure I ask or cover off with the DA) are greatly appreciated ! Or if there are any existing threads that are "must reads" prior to taking delivery, please point me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance !
Welcome!! Harrisburg here. Lovely to see another Pennsylvanian in the forum. Make sure to check out the Touring delivery thread. It's long but worth it. Start in mid November thru the most recent deliveries this week.

Welcome Pittsburgher! Excited to see yet another local pick up a Lucid. If we get a few people around Pittsburgh with Lucids we may just have to plan out a meet up. Congrats again.

HS in Murrysville. Go Stillers! ... glad to see yins. My first time at a ball park...Forbes Field..."obstructed view" means a gigantic steel beam directly in front so not even room for my teen feet....saw 'berto Clemente throw a guy out at home, then knock a line drive HR into the seats. Never forget.
Roberto-Clemente.jpg

a real hero.

Welcome Pittsburgher! Excited to see yet another local pick up a Lucid. If we get a few people around Pittsburgh with Lucids we may just have to plan out a meet up. Congrats again.
Glad to get such a quick and welcoming response from current and former Pittsburgher's ! So I'll try to answer all questions
TakeDuo - I had signed up for a Pure, but ended up with a Touring (Quantum Gray, 19", with Tahoe interior) because they added the $7500 incentive if you agreed to take a Touring or higher model. And yes, I've always said I could not retire to a "single season" location (FL, AZ, SoCal) because I enjoy the changes of season so much.
BabyRocko - thanks for the welcome . . . spent 23 years in Berks County / Reading area (1 hour east of you) and get back semi-regularly . . . maybe will pass you on the PA Turnpike one day ! Ha ha or make it over to one of the Carlisle Auto events ! ? ! I will check out the Touring thread . . . thanks !
Cosmo - Forbes field was before my day, but my Dad was a peanut vendor their working his way through college (late 40's /early 50's) - if your old enough, you might have bought peanuts from him ! and yes, Clemente was one of the greats - on and off the field. Pittsburgh was lucky to have him. If you haven't seen a Pirates game at PNC park you owe it to yourself to do that . . . your LUCID should get you PHL --> PBGH without having to charge ! !
Vandelay ( Industries ?) - Thanks for the local welcome . . . would be open to coffee or whatever with other local LUCID owners. Have only seen one on the road here so far . . . it was a Zenith Red (not sure which trim) I came across in the Hampton / Fox Chapel area (North Hills).

I printed out the delivery checklist so will use it when the car arrives. Let me know if any of you went through the remote (home) delivery process, and if so if there were any glitches or things you were kicking yourself for not asking about during delivery.

Doug

Congrats, jagoff!

I grew up in Mt. Lebanon.

I'm picking my Touring up Friday at Tyson's.

Hopefully, I will have my Rivian by the time I go back for the holidays. So if you see a Canyon Red R1S in the 'Burgh this December, it might be me!

Canyonero -

Please let me know how your delivery / pick-up at Tysons goes on Friday. I just posted in the Touring thread asking for advice re home delivery (I am in Pittsburgh) vs. Studio pick up - which for me would be Tysons Corner. So your experience with the car itself, with the staff in providing you training, and resolution of any issues with the car (if there are any) would be beneficial to my decision making. I also have relative in the DC area . . . so I could potentially schedule delivery for a Mon or Tues and if there are problems that are fixable in a day or two, I could hang out in DC.

Anyways, let me know how it goes. If there's a bunch to go through and doing a 10 minute call (after delivery) would be easier for you I'm OK sending my moblie number.

Thanks in advance !

Jagoff (haha). Oh wait, that's my stepson.

Canyonero -

Please let me know how your delivery / pick-up at Tysons goes on Friday. I just posted in the Touring thread asking for advice re home delivery (I am in Pittsburgh) vs. Studio pick up - which for me would be Tysons Corner. So your experience with the car itself, with the staff in providing you training, and resolution of any issues with the car (if there are any) would be beneficial to my decision making. I also have relative in the DC area . . . so I could potentially schedule delivery for a Mon or Tues and if there are problems that are fixable in a day or two, I could hang out in DC.

Anyways, let me know how it goes. If there's a bunch to go through and doing a 10 minute call (after delivery) would be easier for you I'm OK sending my moblie number.

Thanks in advance !

Jagoff (haha). Oh wait, that's my stepson.
Got my Touring Dec 30th at Tysons Corner. Don’t know if they mentioned it/still available, but they flew me and my wife there/covered Uber for the vehicle pickup. So we paid for a hotel and had a nice “weekend” away. My only minor complaint was they didn’t top off the battery. But they had a bunch of vehicles getting picked up (re tax law changes). So may not be a current issue. Amazing vehicle that is consistently getting better via OTA updates. Was well worth the long wait.

HS in Murrysville. Go Stillers! ... glad to see yins. My first time at a ball park...Forbes Field..."obstructed view" means a gigantic steel beam directly in front so not even room for my teen feet....saw 'berto Clemente throw a guy out at home, then knock a line drive HR into the seats. Never forget.
Roberto-Clemente.jpg

a real hero.
I also went to HS in Murrysville. Just picked my Air Touring up last Wednesday! Love it so far.

I also went to HS in Murrysville. Just picked my Air Touring up last Wednesday! Love it so far.
Tom - are you still in PBGH area ? Just curious . . . have yet to find anyone on the site in Pittsburg that has taken delivery (although I have seen one Zenith Red in the Fox Chapel area).

I'm also in the same camp (Loving it !) . . . the car knows how to "squirt" under situations where it's needed. Just wish the roads were better - I found myself yesterday jumping on it at a weird intersection where I was unable to see several potholes in my path . . . and concerned a bit at how detrimental it is to the drivetrain when accelerating quickly on a bad road surface. Seemed to handle it OK, but would hate to have caused excessive wear unintentionally.

Tom - are you still in PBGH area ? Just curious . . . have yet to find anyone on the site in Pittsburg that has taken delivery (although I have seen one Zenith Red in the Fox Chapel area).

I'm also in the same camp (Loving it !) . . . the car knows how to "squirt" under situations where it's needed. Just wish the roads were better - I found myself yesterday jumping on it at a weird intersection where I was unable to see several potholes in my path . . . and concerned a bit at how detrimental it is to the drivetrain when accelerating quickly on a bad road surface. Seemed to handle it OK, but would hate to have caused excessive wear unintentionally.
I have an AT and in Pittsburgh area. If you ever want to meet up on a weekend. Have not had any issues with roads, put on 6k miles on it already.

I have an AT and in Pittsburgh area. If you ever want to meet up on a weekend. Have not had any issues with roads, put on 6k miles on it already.
Sorry Vandelay (Art ?) . . . I forgot that you had responded last month to that effect . . .my bad ! Yeah, sure a meet up for coffee on a Saturday or Sunday am would be fun. I'm just north of Sharpsburg / North Hills area -- depending on where you live I'm sure we could pick a convenient meeting point. Do you know if there a way to PM on this site (?) so as not to give my email or phone number to everyone ?

Hi, I am now in the Boston area. I have seen a few Lucid's on the road. I just had my front end wrapped to protect the paint. I wanted to also have a windshield protective coating installed, however the company that provides the coatings can't do one big enough for our canopy windshields.

Back