Has anyone else noticed a significant drop off in the responsiveness of customer service?

Halodde

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
BJ2URGEK
I've contacted CS twice in the last week for 2 different issues. I texted the first time and after it took several texts to get a response, they ultimately abandoned the conversation with no resolution. Then early yesterday morning I tried emailing to see if that was better. They have not even responded to that 30 hours later.

They used to be pretty good. What happened?

I think they are really cost cutting and unfortunately, it's noticeable. At my last visit to the Lucid SC, I mistook one of the service advisors for a receptionist. Mainly because she was answering all the phone calls for the sales center, service center as well as handling all the walk ins. I felt bad for her because she was so busy. Only found out later when they sent a survey out...😬

Are you trying to communicate with someone specific at your local service center by chance? I noticed when I texted my SA it took 2 days to get a response and he explained he was on vacation.

Are you trying to communicate with someone specific at your local service center by chance? I noticed when I texted my SA it took 2 days to get a response and he explained he was on vacation.
No. Directly to corporate customer service. I finally gave up and texted my mobile service tech and he got back to me almost immediately

I think they are really cost cutting and unfortunately, it's noticeable.
Pure speculation because when i've texted customer service they've been very quick to respond. If they have to hand it off to a Service Center I usually hear from the Service Center within 24 hours which I don't think is unreasonable (these have been non-urgent issues).

In the Seattle area; service calls are still excellent..

I didn't receive a call after 3 attempts over 3 days of requesting a callback. I finally sent Lucid a DM on Twitter and a CS rep contacted me within 15 minutes.

Similar experience for me. I have been chasing an issue and the response was very poor. I tried multiple texts and calls. Each time I text or call, I have to explain the whole issue multiple times as if they have no track record or history of my issue. We are always back to ground zero and they have super unhelpful and ghosting me now. I love Lucid and I have been recommending it to everyone in my circle. Lucid can and must improve CS - may be they are so swamped due to resource constraints. But they need to figure this out.

My mobile tech Chris is awesome and very responsive over texts. But I feel bad to text him when CS is there and it is their role to help me as the first line of contact. I would love to speak to Lucid leadership and share my input. All from the perspective loving this company and wanting to see them thrive.

I've actually noticed the opposite. We've had our car since December 2021. The service response was excellent the first year and a half but seemed to get more log-jammed after that. However, my last few calls to either Customer Service or the Miami Service Center have yielded very quick responses and, when needed, action. (This return to prompt service roughly correlated to the opening of the Miami Service Center in addition to the earlier West Palm Beach Service Center, suggesting Lucid responded to increased work load with more resources.)

The day before we left for a recent road trip the frunk lid malfunctioned. Lucid diverted a mobile service tech our way within a few hours. Although he couldn't fix the problem, he set us up to have the car taken to a Service Center upon our return, which Lucid did the day immediately following our return.

Also, there was a charging issue with the car while we were in the Carolinas, and Lucid had a mobile service tech from that region call us and walk us through the issue within an hour. He followed up twice with texts over the next couple of days, even though the issue did not recur during the trip.

For the most part, after over two and a half years I remain as impressed with Lucid customer service as I am with the car.

I've actually noticed the opposite. We've had our car since December 2021. The service response was excellent the first year and a half but seemed to get more log-jammed after that. However, my last few calls to either Customer Service or the Miami Service Center have yielded very quick responses and, when needed, action. (This return to prompt service roughly correlated to the opening of the Miami Service Center in addition to the earlier West Palm Beach Service Center, suggesting Lucid responded to increased work load with more resources.)

The day before we left for a recent road trip the frunk lid malfunctioned. Lucid diverted a mobile service tech our way within a few hours. Although he couldn't fix the problem, he set us up to have the car taken to a Service Center upon our return, which Lucid did the day immediately following our return.

Also, there was a charging issue with the car while we were in the Carolinas, and Lucid had a mobile service tech from that region call us and walk us through the issue within an hour. He followed up twice with texts over the next couple of days, even though the issue did not recur during the trip.

For the most part, after over two and a half years I remain as impressed with Lucid customer service as I am with the car.
Super glad to hear this. I hope I will be able to report similar stellar experience in the future.

I didn't receive a call after 3 attempts over 3 days of requesting a callback. I finally sent Lucid a DM on Twitter and a CS rep contacted me within 15 minutes.
Twitter works for most companies; they know that the next tweet will go public…

I've contacted CS twice in the last week for 2 different issues. I texted the first time and after it took several texts to get a response, they ultimately abandoned the conversation with no resolution. Then early yesterday morning I tried emailing to see if that was better. They have not even responded to that 30 hours later.

They used to be pretty good. What happened?
Texting was down for a few weeks, I believe because they were switching services. I don't know how that switch went (or if that's even what it was), but I wonder if they're still having issues with texting. Maybe try email or calling?

Definitely have noticed a degradation with CS. I'm old-school so the phone is my preferred tool for communication. The past half dozen calls resulted in "leave a message and someone will get back to you", which is usually the following day, unlike what it was like in 2023 when a live person handled the call within a minimum number of rings.

I understand the need for layoffs so I imagine CS has taken a hit in that regard.

I'd have to say no too. Honestly, I was kind of worried this, that as they're selling more cars, their level of service would drop. But so far, I haven't seen that. I called early this week, someone picked up within five rings, made me an appointment and answered all my questions.

Maybe a good place to start (for the general collective) would be stop contacting CS regarding your software update FOMO? Maybe learn some detailing skills, how play a guitar, knit, but for the love gawd please stop obsessing over this who give two cares software update. $.02 offered

In the Seattle area; service calls are still excellent..

My issue is not with the actual service team. I have no concerns there. It's the level of responsiveness from the customer service team that has slipped
Texting was down for a few weeks, I believe because they were switching services. I don't know how that switch went (or if that's even what it was), but I wonder if they're still having issues with texting. Maybe try email or calling?
I emailed also. I still have not received a reply from a couple of days ago so I reached out to my mobile service tech directly

My issue is not with the actual service team. I have no concerns there. It's the level of responsiveness from the customer service team that has slipped.

Okay, got it. When I mentioned the dip in responsiveness I saw a while back, it actually was with the Customer Service team. (I had fits getting through to them the night our car was totaled in an accident when I really needed their help about how to shut down the car safely for the police and tow truck driver.) However, I have to say that has improved from my perspective recently, both in terms of how quickly calls are picked up and how soon it is before I get a contact from the Service Center to which they referred my issue.

My biggest issue at the time of the accident -- and something I don't whether it has been since addressed -- is that their needs to be an IVR selection for an emergency that bumps your call to the front of the line.

My issue is not with the actual service team. I have no concerns there. It's the level of responsiveness from the customer service team that has slipped

I emailed also. I still have not received a reply from a couple of days ago so I reached out to my mobile service tech directly
I too, don't hv a problem with the service team in Costa Mesa, Ca.
But trying to get my wall charger fixed or replaced from CS has taken over a month and at least 10 calls/emails.
I just now finally recvd a replacement.
There is a definite change in CS response this year.
What a bummer for such a premium car.

Back