Abysmal (Lack of) Customer Service

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring 2022
I have yet to have a good experience with Lucid Customer service. Last night was the worse.

About a month ago, I sent a text to support because I noticed that a couple of the heating strands in the rear window don't appear to work. I noticed it because I happened to hop into GT on a foggy morning. Sent photos of the exact problem. Get text responses of 'are you saying the vents aren't working (?!). Explain the problem 3x and conclude with 'someone will be in contact with you in a couple of days'. Three weeks go by (yeah, they just let go a bunch of people, give 'em some slack). Another week goes by and someone actually CALLS telling me they need to replace the entire rear window, need to order parts, more weeks waiting. Still no conclusion to that.

Ever since 2.0.59, every time I get in the car, it wants me to enter a PIN to be able to shift gears even though the profile shows my phone as a key. Try to delete and re-add the remote key and, of course, it doesn't work. Call support, sit in call queue for 15 minutes, get dumped out. Call back, dumped at 10 minutes. Call back and try the box canyon that is "leave a call back number" where no matter what you input, it tells you it is not a valid number. Call back again, in queue for nearly 20 minutes. Send a text asking WTF is going on . Get a text response of 'So sorry Mr. XXXXX someone will be right with you...." No further response to the text or the call now sitting in queue for 27 minutes. Call gets dumped. Received a text to the effect of "It was our pleasure to assist you..." What? Every text after that was responded to IMMEDIATELY with "It was our pleasure to assist you". Stellar.

Sounds like Lucid Support needs to review its call performance and perhaps 'adjust' staffing again and this is completely unacceptable and Lucid can't afford to be pissing off the few customers they have...

I have yet to have a good experience with Lucid Customer service. Last night was the worse.

About a month ago, I sent a text to support because I noticed that a couple of the heating strands in the rear window don't appear to work. I noticed it because I happened to hop into GT on a foggy morning. Sent photos of the exact problem. Get text responses of 'are you saying the vents aren't working (?!). Explain the problem 3x and conclude with 'someone will be in contact with you in a couple of days'. Three weeks go by (yeah, they just let go a bunch of people, give 'em some slack). Another week goes by and someone actually CALLS telling me they need to replace the entire rear window, need to order parts, more weeks waiting. Still no conclusion to that.

Ever since 2.0.59, every time I get in the car, it wants me to enter a PIN to be able to shift gears even though the profile shows my phone as a key. Try to delete and re-add the remote key and, of course, it doesn't work. Call support, sit in call queue for 15 minutes, get dumped out. Call back, dumped at 10 minutes. Call back and try the box canyon that is "leave a call back number" where no matter what you input, it tells you it is not a valid number. Call back again, in queue for nearly 20 minutes. Send a text asking WTF is going on . Get a text response of 'So sorry Mr. XXXXX someone will be right with you...." No further response to the text or the call now sitting in queue for 27 minutes. Call gets dumped. Received a text to the effect of "It was our pleasure to assist you..." What? Every text after that was responded to IMMEDIATELY with "It was our pleasure to assist you". Stellar.

Sounds like Lucid Support needs to review its call performance and perhaps 'adjust' staffing again and this is completely unacceptable and Lucid can't afford to be pissing off the few customers they have...
That sucks. That hasn’t been my experience. I would contact your local service center directly.

As for the mobile key, what error are you getting?

For the first time I filed a report with CS yesterday.
Several hours later, I got a response. This was midnight my time and it wasn’t anything urgent.
Another email f/u early hours this morning.
I was very pleased and indeed amazed at the response time, given the layoffs.
Wrote back and expressed my appreciation.

That sucks. That hasn’t been my experience. I would contact your local service center directly.

As for the mobile key, what error are you getting?

Mobile app and car couldn't find each other.

The phone was paired to Bluetooth in the car with a slightly different name than what is displayed on the Bluetooth screen in the Pilot panel ('LUCID-05XXX" vs LUCID-XXX). Deleted both bluetooth connections from the phone, then reconnected key and then phone. After a couple of attempts it finally worked.

I am guessing there is an easier way and that the two Bluetooth identifiers are part of the problem....

For the first time I filed a report with CS yesterday.
Several hours later, I got a response. This was midnight my time and it wasn’t anything urgent.
Another email f/u early hours this morning.
I was very pleased and indeed amazed at the response time, given the layoffs.
Wrote back and expressed my appreciation.
Really happy you had a great experience. Maybe, someday, I'll be able to report the same.....

Mobile app and car couldn't find each other.

The phone was paired to Bluetooth in the car with a slightly different name than what is displayed on the Bluetooth screen in the Pilot panel ('LUCID-05XXX" vs LUCID-XXX). Deleted both bluetooth connections from the phone, then reconnected key and then phone. After a couple of attempts it finally worked.

I am guessing there is an easier way and that the two Bluetooth identifiers are part of the problem....
“Lucid Air XXX” is the normal media/phone Bluetooth connection. The XXX are the last 3 digits of your VIN.

“Lucid-XXXXX” is the mobile key Bluetooth connection. The XXXXX are the last 5 digits of your VIN.

Glad to hear it worked out. I find that mobile key does take a few tries sometime to set up, but once it is it works well.

Same issue with the pin. The service has taken a hit where I am at too. 3-4 attempts of calling, waiting on the line, being told service center would call, and then never calling over the span of weeks... I finally told the last person I would be reaching out to a lawyer about lemon law.

Regional Manager gave a call same day, or next (can't remember). Smooth sailing with service ever since. They even found the source of a chipped piece of paint I was going to pay out of pocket thinking it was a rock chip, but they investigated it down to the hood and covered it via warranty.

All this to say that there are excellent and maybe not so great (aka dropping the ball) folks working at Lucid. Hard to say if it was the Service Center, remote and overworked, or Customer Service as the source of the issue. I love the car. As everyone on the forum, I only wish the best for the company and look forward to the rough patches being ironed out, but sooner rather than later would be great for everyone involved all around.

My recent experience is not as bad but the phone support does seem to be lagging now.
I am seeing the PIN Message after the above mentioned update but it goes away after a couple of minutes.
My issue is that the surround view no longer works on reverse or park. The front camera also does not work on the park function.
The guy had me do the soft reset if locking the car with the Key FOB which did not work.
He then told me he would forward this to the Software team and get back with me when he has an answer. That was last Wednesday, I hope I hear something this week 🤞.

Attachments

• IMG_5259.jpeg
    IMG_5259.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
Back