RESOLVED hands free calling

deanjc242

Cars
Lucid Air Pure AWD
This is likely an easy question, but I can't figure out how to make a hands free call. I have Apple Car Play set up, which allows me to scroll through some apps including the phone app, but what I usually want to do is just hit a button while I'm driving and say "call so-and-so" out loud, and have the car call them.

This is likely an easy question, but I can't figure out how to make a hands free call. I have Apple Car Play set up, which allows me to scroll through some apps including the phone app, but what I usually want to do is just hit a button while I'm driving and say "call so-and-so" out loud, and have the car call them.
If you are using CarPlay, press and hold the microphone button on the steering wheel for about one second and Siri will activate. Just a short tap of the microphone will activate Alexa if it is set up. That’s why the long press is needed.

Or, say “hey Siri…” and your request.

Ah now I understand. I believe I was short tapping it. Do I need to hold the microphone before saying "hey siri", or can I just say "hey Siri" at any time without pressing any buttons?

Ah now I understand. I believe I was short tapping it. Do I need to hold the microphone before saying "hey siri", or can I just say "hey Siri" at any time without pressing any buttons?
So long as your CarPlay and phone are set to listen for "Hey Siri" you should not have to press any buttons.

Also, with iOS 17 this fall, you will no longer need to say "Hey Siri." Just "Siri" will do. This is also a setting you will be able to disable.

Back