Ground clearance?

I have the 19" wheels and since my car was in the service center, I asked to purchase the 21" Dream wheels. They proceeded to tell me they could install them for me, but I really just wanted the wheels for the summer season and didn't want them installed now. The way they were talking almost made me feel like it was something special they had to do – or maybe they were just trying to be helpful. They also told me that currently the 21" DE wheels were missing the aero caps and they would check into when those would be available (or they could mail them to me). They did offer the 21" GT wheels, which were available now.

I did the exact opposite, where I had the 21” and want to throw the 19” on for some road trips I have upcoming. And similarly, Lucid wants to change the wheels for me, but they’ll do it as a mobile service - for honestly fairly cheap. But yes they rebalance, etc, and make the necessary adjustments too.

They’ll schedule an appointment to do it for you at your leisure. They’re doing it as a mobile service so they can leave all the wheels at my garage.

Not sure if this is relevant but when Tom did the Range test on the Dream with 19" wheels he did a speedometer check using multiple GPS readings. He found to actually drive at 70 mph he had to set the cruise to 72.

This is actually true for a lot of cars; some manufacturers set it off by 2-3mph so that they don’t get sued for causing a driver to speed.

This is actually true for a lot of cars; some manufacturers set it off by 2-3mph so that they don’t get sued for causing a driver to speed.
"How can you trust a company who does that?!?! Nothing is reliable then, how do you know the car has traveled that far? How can you trust their specs? 135 kwh!!!"

"How can you trust a company who does that?!?! Nothing is reliable then, how do you know the car has traveled that far? How can you trust their specs? 135 kwh!!!"

The odometer is separate from the speedometer. Chew on that, fanboi.

Easy. Don't trust ANY Company.

Name me one company I should trust implicitly.

I believe you are correct, especially with German cars.

Lucid is not being forthcoming with their information which is a downer for me. I’m also considering the Tycan cross turismo 4.
At least on the Porsche website, I can configure whatever options I want and it’ll show me the total price on the summary page
I had a Taycan CT 4S on order for a while but ended up cancelling. Depending on your body build you may find it quite uncomfortable to be in for any lengthy period of time, and the back seat is quite small even for a wagon. The usable range is also roughly half of the Lucid AGT even when hypermiling with the aero rims.

That said, it can be set up to look absolutely epic though and is one of my favorite car designs of all time. It was hard to cancel but best for my particular use case.

Car manufacturers have been doing that for decades. The indicated speed is almost always higher than the actual speed. People often had speeding tickets nullified because they were able to produce a "certified" document from a shop equipped to test speedometer calibration. Hence the popular conception that it is safe to drive 5 miles above the speed limit.

Car manufacturers have been doing that for decades. The indicated speed is almost always higher than the actual speed. People often had speeding tickets nullified because they were able to produce a "certified" document from a shop equipped to test speedometer calibration. Hence the popular conception that it is safe to drive 5 miles above the speed limit.

Most German cars are set for 2-3 miles over the actual speed. In Arizona, unless marked as"safety zones" one can usually drive up to 10 miles over the speed limit before they give you a ticket.

Most German cars are set for 2-3 miles over the actual speed. In Arizona, unless marked as"safety zones" one can usually drive up to 10 miles over the speed limit before they give you a ticket.
Small correction, I think, on the AZ info. They can give you a ticket but it's not technically for speeding so there are no points associated. This allows them to collect revenue but not hit your insurance. Never known anyone who got one, but I'd bet money that the speed cams in PV will nab you for 5 over.

Small correction, I think, on the AZ info. They can give you a ticket but it's not technically for speeding so there are no points associated. This allows them to collect revenue but not hit your insurance. Never known anyone who got one, but I'd bet money that the speed cams in PV will nab you for 5 over.
Actually PV photo enforcement is set for 11 mph over. So yes 19-10 over is pretty common here.

Actually PV photo enforcement is set for 11 mph over. So yes 19-10 over is pretty common here.
Is it really? I had thought it was 6 over. This may be the most useful thing I've learned on this forum ;)

Back