Greetings from a Lucid Veteran

Wanted to echo the suggestion for making massage seats available as an upgrade.
+1 on this… we are seriously rethinking our (fully optioned) touring purchase for one of the lucid competitors that have this option, or are just much less expensive overall.
Not having the choice in a 100K+ car is… confusing to say the least.

I'd rather have the range + driving dynamics over massaging seats.

I'd rather have the range + driving dynamics over massaging seats.
I want it ALL! Sorry, just wanted to be included...😆

Reactions: DJL
It’s funny Nio is manufacturing an SUV with I think a 150kw solid state battery and the efficiency is worse than Lucid batteries. There has also been none of the big-deal stories I was expecting about Tesla/Panasonic 4680 cells as some revolutionary thing, in spite of being hyped to be just that. I really think Lucid is and will be the one to beat for quite sometime as having the best range/charging/efficiency while being only a few tenths slower than a MS Plaid.
Agree ! Lucid can easily get to the Plaid numbers if it decided to reduce the battery pack to Tesla's size. The 4680 has a lot less internal resistance, generates less heat/current flow so it is a better overall energy storage and energy delivery device, both of which are a step in the right direction.

I Agree.. but ventilated seats would be much appreciated in South Florida.
I thought that they were "frivolous" on my 2018 Navigator until August in Houston!

I Agree.. but ventilated seats would be much appreciated in South Florida.
On the ventilated seats, have those of you that have the car found that they produce any modicum of coolness? This has easily been the most disappointing aspect of the (though in the grand scheme of things not a huge deal). I've had it checked out at the shop, and they could tell me that it was pulling in air, but they couldn't tell me if it was working as it should. I feel a little bit of cool on my lower back at times and that's it. This is with it on max. Also, my wife, who hates cooling seats, couldn't feel much either.

Is this something I should take back for a look bc the rest of y'all feel like you're ice fishing in Wisconsin or is it just really, really muted?

On the ventilated seats, have those of you that have the car found that they produce any modicum of coolness? This has easily been the most disappointing aspect of the (though in the grand scheme of things not a huge deal). I've had it checked out at the shop, and they could tell me that it was pulling in air, but they couldn't tell me if it was working as it should. I feel a little bit of cool on my lower back at times and that's it. This is with it on max. Also, my wife, who hates cooling seats, couldn't feel much either.

Is this something I should take back for a look bc the rest of y'all feel like you're ice fishing in Wisconsin or is it just really, really muted?
Turn on the foot vents, and it should cool you right up. They're ventilated, not cooling, technically.

They seem to work as well as any car that I have owned that has ventilated seats. I was out of town for the 114 degree day so I missed that. I usually only keep them on the middle setting.

They seem to work as well as any car that I have owned that has ventilated seats. I was out of town for the 114 degree day so I missed that. I usually only keep them on the middle setting.
In that case, maybe if you're coming to breakfast next week, I can test yours out.

There are a lot of people that say that "well Lucid is still better than Telsa". I don't care, I didn't want a Tesla and I didn't think that I was paying $170,000 to be a beta tester.
You didn’t think you were a beta tester???? You got one of the first 15 cars.

You didn’t think you were a beta tester???? You got one of the first 15 cars.
Yes, and was never told that the software was "alpha". My Lucid rep. didn't say "how would you like a Dream Edition but you will be getting very early unfinished software"!

After driving home from work yesterday with 106 degrees outside, I am going to backtrack on this and say the ventilated seats felt pretty weak.

After driving home from work yesterday with 106 degrees outside, I am going to backtrack on this and say the ventilated seats felt pretty weak.
I remember the ventilated seats feeling quite cold on a hot day in our 2015 Kia Soul EV. So it can be done reasonably inexpensively.

Great post Marqie! This is my first post as well. Confirmed on 6/15 for a white / Santa Cruz GT. Can’t wait to report back on all things Lucid! Fairfield County, CT

Hi, everyone.

My name is Marqie Carter-Rivaldo. I manage the Voice of the Customer program at Lucid, reporting up to Len Devanna (@Firstto520). I have been a member of this forum since November and thought this would be a great time to finally introduce myself. I am what some would call a Lucid veteran, having joined the company back in 2016 when we were still Atieva, hence my forum handle.

A big part of my job is scouring the online places where our customers aggregate to share their experiences about Lucid. I then funnel these insights and sentiments back into the organization for awareness and potential action. I spend a great deal of my time on this forum every working day, and I’ve gotten a sense of what motivates many of you over the last eight months. I am deeply appreciative of your passion for Lucid and of the community that you have created.

With this introduction, my role remains that of a listener and an observer. As always, your SA, DA, or Customer Care rep remains your go-to resource for information and issue resolution.

Keep sharing, and thank you!

Marqie
Thank you for listening! I think it is the best thing you can do to improve your product, service and the company.

I'm very excited to drive my Lucid and see the company grow!

Back