Lucid is providing adapters for the Gravity, but they are the reverse ones. The Airs are not going to be getting Tesla NACS access until the second quarter of this year. I would think at this point Lucid would make some kind of adapter available, but I doubt they would be sending those out for free.
> is Lucid going to provide a Lucid adaptor for free or for purchase?
> I have a Rivian adapter that's rated to 1000V. Rivian sent it out to all is owners for free. I haven't used it on either my Rivian or my Lucid.
> is Lucid going to provide a Lucid adaptor for free or for purchase?
> I have a Rivian adapter that's rated to 1000V. Rivian sent it out to all is owners for free. I haven't used it on either my Rivian or my Lucid.
Gravity will include a 1000V 500A NACS to CCS1 adapter (free). Nothing has been said about the Air adapter by Lucid other than it will be "available" in Q2. I would assume it will not be free, only because they said the Gravity's adapters are free; if Air was going to be free to current customers I think they would have said as much. Just speculating here, though.
It bears repeating that Air will still be limited to 50kw at Tesla Superchargers, so you do not need a 1000V adapter for Air.
Tesla will eventually install more V4 dispensers with 1000V V4 cabinets. For those stations, 1000V will be needed and the Air will charge at full speed. Don't waste money or worry about having the right adapter on a 500V version.
Don't mean to butt in on the charger discussion currently going on, but a few pages back on this thread there was a good amount of talk about concerns with Lucid not focusing enough on software development.
I'm interested in thoughts on an interview Peter did with Inside EVs.
I'm not trying to highjack this thread.
I see it as relating to some of the previous concerns about software development at Lucid.
Ultimately time will tell.
We bought ours in 2022 and back then, as you know, the NACS conversation hadn't started.
Three years later, the charging landscape's changed and if I want to keep up with it, that's my choice.
There's no reason for anyone to have to pay for my decision.
I should have been more specific - you do not need 1000V for V3/V3+ cabinets, which are 99+% of the dispensers in the wild in the US. But certainly no harm in getting a 1000V one. Maybe someday!
We bought ours in 2022 and back then, as you know, the NACS conversation hadn't started.
Three years later, the charging landscape's changed and if I want to keep up with it, that's my choice.
There's no reason for anyone to have to pay for my decision.
A sane, rational response on the internet in 2025! Yay!
In all seriousness, I JUST bought mine and have no issue with paying either. It’s hardware based functionality I did not have with the car when I bought it. I want it? I pay.
Is anyone getting the 22/23 setup and plan to change the tires in the winter? Does anyone know if there are such winter tires the size needed, and do they need to be specific for ev cars? I’m loving the big wheel and tire setup but I’m worried about them in NY not performing in the temperatures below 35 degrees and I would need to swap, the other choice is the smaller rim size and not worrying I guess
I should have been more specific - you do not need 1000V for V3/V3+ cabinets, which are 99+% of the dispensers in the wild in the US. But certainly no harm in getting a 1000V one. Maybe someday!
Found this on Reddit. OP says couple of gravity’s. Looks like it’s either for EU or pre production car due to charge port on front. Are they trying SC with an adaptor ?
Found this on Reddit. OP says couple of gravity’s. Looks like it’s either for EU or pre production car due to charge port on front. Are they trying SC with an adaptor ?
They’re pre-production. Will be interesting to hear what excuse they’ve got on the upcoming earnings call for what appears to be non-existent movement on Gravity production.
Found this on Reddit. OP says couple of gravity’s. Looks like it’s either for EU or pre production car due to charge port on front. Are they trying SC with an adaptor ?
If I’m not mistaken, this is the first time smaller wheels are spotted in the wild. All previous pictures of pre-production vehicles and the 9 delivered vehicles were with the 22”/23” wheels