Gravity Launch

I know a lot of people don't love the 2-tone, but that's what Mojave is for.

To me, it's one of the tentpole features of the brand at this point. I love sitting in the back seat of the Air. It's my default position if I'm waiting for someone for an extended period. So relaxed and comfortable.

I know a lot of people don't love the 2-tone, but that's what Mojave is for.

To me, it's one of the tentpole features of the brand at this point. I love sitting in the back seat of the Air. It's my default position if I'm waiting for someone for an extended period. So relaxed and comfortable.

I think the dark front / light back theme in the Air makes for one of the finest interiors I have ever seen in a car.

One of my great hopes is that they bring back the Dream Edition's Santa Monica interior for the Gravity.

I think they have to keep with the theme of business up front, party in the back. So dark front seats, alternate color in the back, same as the Air.

But the third row being a totally different color would be funny.

Business in the Front.

Party in the Middle.

After-Party in the Back!

Lucid announced today that the Gravity will be revealed in November with production to start in "late" 2024. My guess is that it will be 2025 before any significant number of buyers get their hands on the Gravity.

Lucid announced today that the Gravity will be revealed in November with production to start in "late" 2024. My guess is that it will be 2025 before any significant number of buyers get their hands on the Gravity.
Still happy for that timeline honestly. If Gravity is as good as it is hyped I will be putting down a res.

Still happy for that timeline honestly. If Gravity is as good as it is hyped I will be putting down a res.

I plan to put down a deposit, too. And the Honda Odyssey it will replace should still be in fine fettle by the time the Gravity arrives.

My only worry is whether it will arrive in time to get Lucid sales moving enough to strengthen the company's financial base.

I plan to put down a deposit, too. And the Honda Odyssey it will replace should still be in fine fettle by the time the Gravity arrives.

My only worry is whether it will arrive in time to get Lucid sales moving enough to strengthen the company's financial base.
That’s a fair concern. Hopefully it is in a better spot by then. I’m a huge believer in this company, I think they have an opportunity to really steal some Model X, Audi eTron and Benz EQS SUV owners if they nail the pricing with this thing.

I plan to put down a deposit, too. And the Honda Odyssey it will replace should still be in fine fettle by the time the Gravity arrives....
While you are waiting, you could wrap your Odyssey to look like the Gravity in camo. People will take photos of you driving on the freeway.

Lucid would have gained a lot of knowledge with the Air, I dont see Gravity having that many issues, software will definetly improve by then. I did drive the R1S recently, not a fan of the ride and handling. I like to throw my cars into the curve, I'm going with th Gravity when it comes out- more space, better handling and better looks in my opinion, hate the cartoon headlights on the Rivian.
Exactly my feeling, I drove the R1T and felt as if I was riding a horse, horrible handling and hated the cartoonish headlights.

Exactly my feeling, I drove the R1T and felt as if I was riding a horse, horrible handling and hated the cartoonish headlights.

😂 It’s a truck, not a sports car, but it does have capability of straight line speed beats 99% of sports car on the road. Personally, I like the outline of R1S way more than R1T.

According to those who've driven both the Rivian SUV and the pickup truck, the almost 15" shorter wheelbase of the SUV does exact a penalty in ride and handling, even compared to the RiT pickup. However, it picks up an advantage in off-roading capability. Given that the SUV was also intended to accommodate 7 passengers, I think this shorter wheelbase emphasizes just how biased the design decisions were toward rough adventure duty -- something which by all accounts the R1S pulls off beautifully.

On the other hand, I view the Gravity as more of a grand tourer for six adults, bringing as much of the ride, handling, and luxury of a high-end sport sedan to an SUV as possible. (Derick Jenkins said in a "Moto Man" interview that the Gravity will definitely not be a rock-crawler.) At least, that's what I'm hoping the November reveal gives us.

Well, a 200 kWh battery is a starting point for what it's that price...
This is so uniquely idiotic and antithetical to the entire EV movement. We need smaller batteries, not bigger ones. We need cheap cars, not giant trucks, which should be the last models to be converted over to electric.

I feel like Poor Peter R. is a Cassandra, shouting "It's the efficiency, stupid" to the masses, and no one is listening.

The people buying these gigantic leviathans will be the first in line to complain about how slow their charging session is going, and how much EVs suck because it takes an hour to charge. Meanwhile, wait times at public stations will increase instead of decrease.

There aren't enough face palms in the universe for this.

The people buying these gigantic leviathans will be the first in line to complain about how slow their charging session is going, and how much EVs suck because it takes an hour to charge. Meanwhile, wait times at public stations will increase instead of decrease.

There aren't enough face palms in the universe for this.
The only issue I have with these cars is more about price point.

Set at 130k it may be a competitor with gravity, not on the sport side, just on the luxury/price

But people may bite because it's a brand they're familiar with

The only issue I have with these cars is more about price point.

Set at 130k it may be a competitor with gravity, not on the sport side, just on the luxury/price

But people may bite because it's a brand they're familiar with

There is early to market factor GM is considering, such as Rivian R1S is enjoying 100k queue for being the only 3 rows usable seats SUV EV at this point. When CyberTruck and EV9 come to market, Rivian will lose its momentum. Air is great product, but it has too many competitors in its class. (Tesla, Genesis, Porsche, MB, BMW)

Honestly, this is funny because its the exact predicament I(and my family) are in. First we think of the model x as a good EV suv. Then we realize the R1S is better. Then we realize the gravity is better in all ways. Its really stupid mainly because we have to wait for the gravity, and if we got the gravity we wouldnt get the air.(we dont want two of the same brands)
I am considering getting the model Y and reserving a gravity. When gravity comes out selling the model Y

Back