Gravity GT Supernova Bronze deliveries

Oh, hi DeaneG & borski. Nice to see some Lucid employees in here šŸ˜ Is that an actual, paid position with Lucid to monitor public facing media, and preserve company's interests?

Let's address that "evasive" comment I stand by, and the (mis)characterization of it being "loaded", and whether or not "I don't know" is "more correct answer" to the question I asked my SA.

You see, a "broadcast date", without getting into specifics what that is or how reliable it is, is an actual, field within Lucid's internal system, and that field has "Date" data type in backend database. It also must have a value - NULL is not allowed, per defined DB rules in the corresponding backend DB table, so front end UI Lucid reps can see must display the actual date. On a couple of previous occasions the broadcast date for my vehicle was read to me, *verbatim* from that system, because my SA, Sales Manager and Lucid Regional manager I spoke to can all see it.

So, when that date already changed a couple of times, and I kinda started losing confidence in how accurate it is, and whether or not it'll be kept, and I escalated the matter to Lucid's executives due to my personal circumstances of needing the car pretty much *yesterday*, I recently asked my SA a direct, and simple question: "what is the broadcast date you see now for my vehicle in your internal system?" This wasn't about her opinion, or any kind of promises or guarantees - it was a request to read a value from UI field in their internal database. So, after Lucid missed and pushed back my broadcast date already twice, i know for a fact from conversations with my local Lucid branch's Sales Manager and then also a Regional Manager for entire Southern California that they spoke to my SA and told her, shall we say, be less generous, with volunteering information she can see. When my Lucid contact gets deliberate instructions from her management to not disclose to customer the information she has access to, I call that Lucid, as a company, "being evasive", because...well - if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck - IT'S A DUCK! If look up in the dictionary the definition of "evasive" - the dictionary definition will fit here like a glove.

In regards to your claim, borski, that "I don't know" would be "more correct answer" to the question I asked - I can't see it, brother. I know for a fact my SA has access to see broadcast date of any order, assigned to her for handling, including mine. So, to me, saying "I don't know" in this situation would be called "deliberately lying to customer" rather than "more correct answer". Reading what a field says in Lucid's internal UI, which I already know for a fact can change because it already happened twice, is not any kind of blood oath my car's production will start on that date, but if she can see it already changed that would help me a lot with personal planning in regards to finances, arrangements for my existing car, DMV stuff I need to do, etc. Hope this helps.
 
If you google ā€˜supernova’ you get absolutely stunning pictures with a myriad of beautiful colours. How the F the design department at Lucid decided to pick bronze out of all of those, and call it Supernova is beyond me. I love the space colour themes of the Gravity. It plays nicely with the fact that interior space is a huge selling point. But back to one of my earlier comments about the 6 launch colours: they are all so dull.

ā€˜Look at all the beautiful bronze in the supernova telescope pics’ said no one ever.

Edit: I predict it will have the lowest resale value of the 6 colours.

Reference :
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0885.webp
    IMG_0885.webp
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0886.webp
    IMG_0886.webp
    141.6 KB · Views: 86
Oh, hi DeaneG & borski. Nice to see some Lucid employees in here šŸ˜ Is that an actual, paid position with Lucid to monitor public facing media, and preserve company's interests?
There is no need for this nonsense, and consider this a warning. Deane is retired (I think) and I am not employed by Lucid, of which you are almost certainly aware, so this piece of your rhetoric serves solely to inflame.

That is both unkind *and* against the guidelines. Please avoid this in the future.

A disagreement can be just that - a disagreement. It doesn’t need to be anything more than that, and it certainly doesn’t need to turn to insults.

Plus, ad hominem attacks are a logical fallacy anyway, so they literally serve no purpose in an argument even if it were allowed.

Let's address that "evasive" comment I stand by, and the (mis)characterization of it being "loaded", and whether or not "I don't know" is "more correct answer" to the question I asked my SA.

You see, a "broadcast date", without getting into specifics what that is or how reliable it is, is an actual, field within Lucid's internal system, and that field has "Date" data type in backend database. It also must have a value - NULL is not allowed, per defined DB rules in the corresponding backend DB table, so front end UI Lucid reps can see must display the actual date. On a couple of previous occasions the broadcast date for my vehicle was read to me, *verbatim* from that system, because my SA, Sales Manager and Lucid Regional manager I spoke to can all see it.

So, when that date already changed a couple of times, and I kinda started losing confidence in how accurate it is, and whether or not it'll be kept, and I escalated the matter to Lucid's executives due to my personal circumstances of needing the car pretty much *yesterday*, I recently asked my SA a direct, and simple question: "what is the broadcast date you see now for my vehicle in your internal system?" This wasn't about her opinion, or any kind of promises or guarantees - it was a request to read a value from UI field in their internal database. So, after Lucid missed and pushed back my broadcast date already twice, i know for a fact from conversations with my local Lucid branch's Sales Manager and then also a Regional Manager for entire Southern California that they spoke to my SA and told her, shall we say, be less generous, with volunteering information she can see. When my Lucid contact gets deliberate instructions from her management to not disclose to customer the information she has access to, I call that Lucid, as a company, "being evasive", because...well - if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck - IT'S A DUCK! If look up in the dictionary the definition of "evasive" - the dictionary definition will fit here like a glove.

In regards to your claim, borski, that "I don't know" would be "more correct answer" to the question I asked - I can't see it, brother. I know for a fact my SA has access to see broadcast date of any order, assigned to her for handling, including mine. So, to me, saying "I don't know" in this situation would be called "deliberately lying to customer" rather than "more correct answer". Reading what a field says in Lucid's internal UI, which I already know for a fact can change because it already happened twice, is not any kind of blood oath my car's production will start on that date, but if she can see it already changed that would help me a lot with personal planning in regards to finances, arrangements for my existing car, DMV stuff I need to do, etc. Hope this helps.
Okay šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
 
Last edited:
Oh, hi DeaneG & borski. ...
New car deliveries are often delayed for one reason or another.

Some people arrive on this forum in flames, and claim treachery and deception on Lucid's part, when the simpler and more likely explanation is just human error in managing a complex situation.

I have no dog in Lucid's race.
 
Oh, hi DeaneG & borski. Nice to see some Lucid employees in here šŸ˜ Is that an actual, paid position with Lucid to monitor public facing media, and preserve company's interests?

Let's address that "evasive" comment I stand by, and the (mis)characterization of it being "loaded", and whether or not "I don't know" is "more correct answer" to the question I asked my SA.

You see, a "broadcast date", without getting into specifics what that is or how reliable it is, is an actual, field within Lucid's internal system, and that field has "Date" data type in backend database. It also must have a value - NULL is not allowed, per defined DB rules in the corresponding backend DB table, so front end UI Lucid reps can see must display the actual date. On a couple of previous occasions the broadcast date for my vehicle was read to me, *verbatim* from that system, because my SA, Sales Manager and Lucid Regional manager I spoke to can all see it.

So, when that date already changed a couple of times, and I kinda started losing confidence in how accurate it is, and whether or not it'll be kept, and I escalated the matter to Lucid's executives due to my personal circumstances of needing the car pretty much *yesterday*, I recently asked my SA a direct, and simple question: "what is the broadcast date you see now for my vehicle in your internal system?" This wasn't about her opinion, or any kind of promises or guarantees - it was a request to read a value from UI field in their internal database. So, after Lucid missed and pushed back my broadcast date already twice, i know for a fact from conversations with my local Lucid branch's Sales Manager and then also a Regional Manager for entire Southern California that they spoke to my SA and told her, shall we say, be less generous, with volunteering information she can see. When my Lucid contact gets deliberate instructions from her management to not disclose to customer the information she has access to, I call that Lucid, as a company, "being evasive", because...well - if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck - IT'S A DUCK! If look up in the dictionary the definition of "evasive" - the dictionary definition will fit here like a glove.

In regards to your claim, borski, that "I don't know" would be "more correct answer" to the question I asked - I can't see it, brother. I know for a fact my SA has access to see broadcast date of any order, assigned to her for handling, including mine. So, to me, saying "I don't know" in this situation would be called "deliberately lying to customer" rather than "more correct answer". Reading what a field says in Lucid's internal UI, which I already know for a fact can change because it already happened twice, is not any kind of blood oath my car's production will start on that date, but if she can see it already changed that would help me a lot with personal planning in regards to finances, arrangements for my existing car, DMV stuff I need to do, etc. Hope this helps.
Considering your reaction to the changing dates, it seems quite easy to understand why Lucid might decide that it's best to not convey a date in their system that cannot be relied upon by the customer.
 
For whatever it's worth, my build start date has remained 10/28 ever since I added the tow package in August. That pushed back my previous build start date of 9/19, but I understood why (the parts were already allocated for that build and changing options resets the allocation needs).
 
If you google ā€˜supernova’ you get absolutely stunning pictures with a myriad of beautiful colours. How the F the design department at Lucid decided to pick bronze out of all of those, and call it Supernova is beyond me. I love the space colour themes of the Gravity. It plays nicely with the fact that interior space is a huge selling point. But back to one of my earlier comments about the 6 launch colours: they are all so dull.

ā€˜Look at all the beautiful bronze in the supernova telescope pics’ said no one ever.

Edit: I predict it will have the lowest resale value of the 6 colours.

Reference :
They're just space themed names attached to the colors. I mean, there's nothing titanium about the moon; are you going to complain about that one too? You don't like the colors? There's always the option of wrapping it in whatever color tickles your fancy.
 
There is no need for this nonsense, and consider this a warning. Deane is retired (I think) and I am not employed by Lucid, of which you are almost certainly aware, so this piece of your rhetoric serves solely to inflame.

That is both unkind *and* against the guidelines. Please avoid this in the future.

A disagreement can be just that - a disagreement. It doesn’t need to be anything more than that, and it certainly doesn’t need to turn to insults.

Plus, ad hominem attacks are a logical fallacy anyway, so they literally serve no purpose in an argument even if it were allowed.


Okay šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I created this thread to exchange people’s experiences about Gravity supernova bronze deliveries, and any useful information on it people may have and want to share. The post I made, to which you chose to reply to, serves exactly this purpose – it’s factual and accurate, and carries info about my delivery experience, people may wish to know. You chose to come here, and make a post, which does not provide any constructive, useful information. Your post backs up a post, who accuses me of posting ā€œpretty loadedā€ comments, and criticizes my choice of word ā€œevasiveā€, when I’m 100% certain Lucid reps had indeed become evasive in their info sharing with me, for the reasons I explained….You consider my joke about you and DeaneG, which was meant to lighted the mood after both of your confrontational posts to be ā€œinflammatoryā€. Well.. I consider your reply, criticizing me, my choice of words, and backing up another user, who criticized me to be confrontational , and therefore also inflammatory, and unnecessary. Your post didn’t contribute anything to the topic of this thread I created – no useful info whatsoever, and only criticizes the OP, who is sharing the info on his Gravity delivery experience, which is exactly what he created this thread for.

You call my joke about being Lucid employee a ā€œnonsenseā€ and you give me a warning, but you are the one, who chose to engage in uncalled for, unwarranted criticism, which you didn’t have to post, and which doesn’t carry info useful information about the topic this thread was created for, and only inflames... All I did was provide on topic, accurate info, in the thread I created for this exact purpose…. Your warning under these circumstances seems like a moderator power abuse.

You also made some confusing comments, such as ā€œI am not employed by Lucid, of which you are almost certainly awareā€ and ā€œdoesn’t need to turn to insultsā€. Ummmm…..are you under the impression for some reason people are supposed to know who you are? I’ve never seen you, or heard about you, until you came into my life and my thread and started criticizing me. How would I be ā€œalmost certainly awareā€ who your employer is?...

As for your comment about insults – who insulted who, where and when, please? I’ve looked at this exchange since my yesterday’s post and I don’t see anything that ever remotely resembles an insult by anyone, although your unwarranted critique of my post does seem kinda offensive to me, in case you were wondering. If you see something I missed in that regard – do share. Otherwise, this sounds like an attempt to fabricate non-existent wrongdoing.
 
Oh, hi DeaneG & borski. Nice to see some Lucid employees in here šŸ˜ Is that an actual, paid position with Lucid to monitor public facing media, and preserve company's interests?

Let's address that "evasive" comment I stand by, and the (mis)characterization of it being "loaded", and whether or not "I don't know" is "more correct answer" to the question I asked my SA.

You see, a "broadcast date", without getting into specifics what that is or how reliable it is, is an actual, field within Lucid's internal system, and that field has "Date" data type in backend database. It also must have a value - NULL is not allowed, per defined DB rules in the corresponding backend DB table, so front end UI Lucid reps can see must display the actual date. On a couple of previous occasions the broadcast date for my vehicle was read to me, *verbatim* from that system, because my SA, Sales Manager and Lucid Regional manager I spoke to can all see it.

So, when that date already changed a couple of times, and I kinda started losing confidence in how accurate it is, and whether or not it'll be kept, and I escalated the matter to Lucid's executives due to my personal circumstances of needing the car pretty much *yesterday*, I recently asked my SA a direct, and simple question: "what is the broadcast date you see now for my vehicle in your internal system?" This wasn't about her opinion, or any kind of promises or guarantees - it was a request to read a value from UI field in their internal database. So, after Lucid missed and pushed back my broadcast date already twice, i know for a fact from conversations with my local Lucid branch's Sales Manager and then also a Regional Manager for entire Southern California that they spoke to my SA and told her, shall we say, be less generous, with volunteering information she can see. When my Lucid contact gets deliberate instructions from her management to not disclose to customer the information she has access to, I call that Lucid, as a company, "being evasive", because...well - if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck - IT'S A DUCK! If look up in the dictionary the definition of "evasive" - the dictionary definition will fit here like a glove.

In regards to your claim, borski, that "I don't know" would be "more correct answer" to the question I asked - I can't see it, brother. I know for a fact my SA has access to see broadcast date of any order, assigned to her for handling, including mine. So, to me, saying "I don't know" in this situation would be called "deliberately lying to customer" rather than "more correct answer". Reading what a field says in Lucid's internal UI, which I already know for a fact can change because it already happened twice, is not any kind of blood oath my car's production will start on that date, but if she can see it already changed that would help me a lot with personal planning in regards to finances, arrangements for my existing car, DMV stuff I need to do, etc. Hope this helps.
My SA and the manager of my local studio do not give out these dates. I assume that they don't because their experience has taught them that they are not accurate. I don't think they are being evasive, I think that are trying to give me the best information that they trust. Its fair to criticize the backend system used by Lucid, but it is not fair to call out the employees who are just doing the best that they can. Like @borski said, I don't know is probably their best answer. Poor production planning is much more likely than employees being "Evasive."
 
My SA and the manager of my local studio do not give out these dates. I assume that they don't because their experience has taught them that they are not accurate. I don't think they are being evasive, I think that are trying to give me the best information that they trust. Its fair to criticize the backend system used by Lucid, but it is not fair to call out the employees who are just doing the best that they can. Like @borski said, I don't know is probably their best answer. Poor production planning is much more likely than employees being "Evasive."
Lucid regional manager I spoke to said to me in plain English the employees of my Lucid Studio should not have disclosed to me broadcast dates, and said he's going to instruct them not to. Now, when I ask my SA about any changes to broadcast date, she avoids answering, even though she has access to see what it says for my order, and tells me it'll enter production "soon". Lucid management, instructing their employees to not disclose the info they do have (regardless of their reasoning) and said employees now refusing to provide the info they were previously providing and now saying "soon" - I consider this Lucid being evasive, and I've pretty much said all that in previous posts. The reasons why they are being evasive are not under debate here - only whether or not they are. As I already said, answering "I don't know" to the question they definitely do know the answer for would be lying. I didn't ask them when my vehicle will enter production - I asked what broadcast date for my order they see in their internal system. I asked my SA to read a value from the UI field of their software, which she does have access to do.
 
I created this thread to exchange people’s experiences about Gravity supernova bronze deliveries, and any useful information on it people may have and want to share. The post I made, to which you chose to reply to, serves exactly this purpose – it’s factual and accurate, and carries info about my delivery experience, people may wish to know. You chose to come here, and make a post, which does not provide any constructive, useful information. Your post backs up a post, who accuses me of posting ā€œpretty loadedā€ comments, and criticizes my choice of word ā€œevasiveā€, when I’m 100% certain Lucid reps had indeed become evasive in their info sharing with me, for the reasons I explained….You consider my joke about you and DeaneG, which was meant to lighted the mood after both of your confrontational posts to be ā€œinflammatoryā€. Well.. I consider your reply, criticizing me, my choice of words, and backing up another user, who criticized me to be confrontational , and therefore also inflammatory, and unnecessary. Your post didn’t contribute anything to the topic of this thread I created – no useful info whatsoever, and only criticizes the OP, who is sharing the info on his Gravity delivery experience, which is exactly what he created this thread for.
Let’s read what I wrote, together:
This. It's more honest to say "I don't know" if the answer is "I don't know," even if there is a date in the system. If the date is consistently not being hit, "I don't know" is both a safer and more correct answer; that's the opposite of evasive.
Where did I say or do any of those things? Read my post. It disagrees with your assessment of whether or not Lucid is being evasive. I believe it is more honest to say ā€œI don’t knowā€ rather than naming dates that are going to be (probably, through experience) wrong. I don’t see where I’m criticizing you, inflaming, or anything else.

My post was very concise. It had a small amount of content, all related to my opinion that Lucid was not being evasive in their responses, based on what you’d posted at the time.

You are, once again, choosing to read into what I wrote rather than reading what’s there.

You call my joke about being Lucid employee a ā€œnonsenseā€ and you give me a warning, but you are the one, who chose to engage in uncalled for, unwarranted criticism, which you didn’t have to post, and which doesn’t carry info useful information about the topic this thread was created for, and only inflames...
Again, please show me where I inflamed. In my post, I disagreed. In @DeaneG’s post, he disagreed and thought it sounded like loaded rhetoric, and suggested that he’d choose to give them more benefit of the doubt (I’m paraphrasing).

I don’t see anywhere he attacks you for who you are or says you’re lying; he simply disagrees with your interpretation and things you’re looking at it somewhat cynically.

All I did was provide on topic, accurate info, in the thread I created for this exact purpose…. Your warning under these circumstances seems like a moderator power abuse.
That is not what you got reprimanded for. You got reprimanded for moving to insults rather than discussing. The topic of discussion (and your first post, as well as the rest of your second post, to be clear) are not the issue at all.

You also made some confusing comments, such as ā€œI am not employed by Lucid, of which you are almost certainly awareā€ and ā€œdoesn’t need to turn to insultsā€. Ummmm…..are you under the impression for some reason people are supposed to know who you are? I’ve never seen you, or heard about you, until you came into my life and my thread and started criticizing me. How would I be ā€œalmost certainly awareā€ who your employer is?...
Fair enough; this is a thing people throw around on the forum a lot as a ā€œbut you’re biased,ā€ which is absolutely untrue - none of the moderators here are employed or have ever made a dime from Lucid. In fact, most of us have lost money, from buying cars and stock.

So I apologize for the assumption. I see you’re new here. I’m not arrogant enough to think anyone should know me, but I’m a fairly known quantity on the forum, and that was my implication.

I’m sorry; I should’ve looked to see you’re new here. That’s on me. This was the same insinuation made often on the forum, and that’s more of what I was responding to than you, the person. I hope that makes sense.

As for your comment about insults – who insulted who, where and when, please? I’ve looked at this exchange since my yesterday’s post and I don’t see anything that ever remotely resembles an insult by anyone, although your unwarranted critique of my post does seem kinda offensive to me, in case you were wondering. If you see something I missed in that regard – do share. Otherwise, this sounds like an attempt to fabricate non-existent wrongdoing.
The part I quoted (which I was careful to quote) is easily read as insulting and dismissive. Think about it - we posted an opinion disagreeing with yours, and you responded with a ā€œjokeā€ of ā€œmust be nice to be employed by lucidā€ (I’m paraphrasing), thus completely dismissing anything either of us said as ā€œbiasā€ and ā€œnot useful.ā€ Except none of that is true, and that (incorrect) argument is often used to dismiss opinions. This is also a logical fallacy, even if it were true, but nevertheless.

It sounds like, clearly, you didn’t intend it that way, and perhaps you just happened to walk into a room and utter an argument that you had no idea had some history here. That’s completely reasonable, and if that’s the case, I retract the warning (whatever that means, anyway), and ask that you please avoid ad hominem attacks (even if joking) and instead focus on actual discussion of the topics at hand.

We are all here in good faith, and I have no reason to assume you aren’t.
 
My SA and the manager of my local studio do not give out these dates. I assume that they don't because their experience has taught them that they are not accurate. I don't think they are being evasive, I think that are trying to give me the best information that they trust. Its fair to criticize the backend system used by Lucid, but it is not fair to call out the employees who are just doing the best that they can. Like @borski said, I don't know is probably their best answer. Poor production planning is much more likely than employees being "Evasive."

This may be slightly off topic, but to what dates are you referring?

I placed an order last December; the production date was a mystery to me until the SA told me in September that "[a]n asset has been assigned to your account, which means your vehicle is officially in production." But my dashboard still just showed "Order Confirmed," not "In Production."

Is asset assignment one of the dates that is on the backend that is visible to SAs, but not necessarily something the SA communicates to the customer? (I have always wondered how some on this forum seem to have more insight into the production schedule for their vehicle, whereas for others of us it is a black box---for myself, I have always chalked it up to the fact that I am on my fourth SA assigned to my Gravity order, and that none of them has been very responsive.)
 
This may be slightly off topic, but to what dates are you referring?

I placed an order last December; the production date was a mystery to me until the SA told me in September that "[a]n asset has been assigned to your account, which means your vehicle is officially in production." But my dashboard still just showed "Order Confirmed," not "In Production."

Is asset assignment one of the dates that is on the backend that is visible to SAs, but not necessarily something the SA communicates to the customer? (I have always wondered how some on this forum seem to have more insight into the production schedule for their vehicle, whereas for others of us it is a black box---for myself, I have always chalked it up to the fact that I am on my fourth SA assigned to my Gravity order, and that none of them has been very responsive.)
Most people are referring to a production start date. I also ordered when orders opened last November and do not have a production date yet. I think the information some people are getting from their SAs is not useful since your car is not truly in production until a VIN is assigned.
 
Most people are referring to a production start date. I also ordered when orders opened last November and do not have a production date yet. I think the information some people are getting from their SAs is not useful since your car is not truly in production until a VIN is assigned.
Based on what I have seen from people posting order, production and delivery dates over the past few months, Lucid’s process for producing ordered vehicles is haphazard and given very little priority. Lucid’s main priority appears to be cranking out as many random vehicles, with a variety of options based on available resources and then disbursing them across the country so that they can cater to the people who show up at a Studio, check out the Gravity and say ā€œwhen can I have one?ā€ In most cases, these buyers are not super picky about the exact color, wheel, options package as most of us long time order holders. I gave Lucid some slack on this process for awhile due to my order including the Tech Pkg, but I have now seen dozens and dozens of Gravity with Tech show up on the ā€œAvailable Vehiclesā€ list, many in medium to low spec vehicles. I had hoped that once HUDs became more widely available, Lucid would decide to start working through backorders with the HUDs but that is definitely not the case.
Soooo, if you need a new vehicle ASAP and your order is not in varified production (with a VIN), your best bet is to either find an Available Vehicle from Lucid site that is close enough for you to live with (which is probably what Lucid wants you to do) or go buy another brand.
 
interesting
 
Based on what I have seen from people posting order, production and delivery dates over the past few months, Lucid’s process for producing ordered vehicles is haphazard and given very little priority.

I don't necessarily disagree. But what I am interested in understanding is what the steps are in the production process that are (1) visible to the SAs on the back end but (2) not reflected on the dashboard. For example, I was told that an "asset has been assigned" to my order. And I have read others referred to "batches" and "pre-VINs." What do these steps mean (if they mean anything)?
 
Back
Top