Gravity GT Supernova Bronze deliveries

Based on what I have seen from people posting order, production and delivery dates over the past few months, Lucid’s process for producing ordered vehicles is haphazard and given very little priority. Lucid’s main priority appears to be cranking out as many random vehicles, with a variety of options based on available resources and then disbursing them across the country so that they can cater to the people who show up at a Studio, check out the Gravity and say “when can I have one?” In most cases, these buyers are not super picky about the exact color, wheel, options package as most of us long time order holders. I gave Lucid some slack on this process for awhile due to my order including the Tech Pkg, but I have now seen dozens and dozens of Gravity with Tech show up on the “Available Vehicles” list, many in medium to low spec vehicles. I had hoped that once HUDs became more widely available, Lucid would decide to start working through backorders with the HUDs but that is definitely not the case.
Soooo, if you need a new vehicle ASAP and your order is not in varified production (with a VIN), your best bet is to either find an Available Vehicle from Lucid site that is close enough for you to live with (which is probably what Lucid wants you to do) or go buy another brand.
I completely agree with you. I do find it annoying that before orders opened up that we were led to believe by Lucid that existing Air owners would be given priority and then by when orders were placed. This is not what is happening as you point out based on inventory cars becoming available. I do understand the sequencing of colors and the availability of the tech package impacts production sequence along with some batching of common options.
 
I completely agree with you. I do find it annoying that before orders opened up that we were led to believe by Lucid that existing Air owners would be given priority and then by when orders were placed. This is not what is happening as you point out based on inventory cars becoming available. I do understand the sequencing of colors and the availability of the tech package impacts production sequence along with some batching of common options.
My best guess is everything got thrown out the window when it became clear they were supply and logistics constrained, as well as trying to meet production targets. Looks like to me they just try to keep the factories churning with whatever materials they have as they get them, and ship them to the locations that are most cost efficient transportation wise.
 
Based on what I have seen from people posting order, production and delivery dates over the past few months, Lucid’s process for producing ordered vehicles is haphazard and given very little priority. Lucid’s main priority appears to be cranking out as many random vehicles, with a variety of options based on available resources and then disbursing them across the country so that they can cater to the people who show up at a Studio, check out the Gravity and say “when can I have one?” In most cases, these buyers are not super picky about the exact color, wheel, options package as most of us long time order holders. I gave Lucid some slack on this process for awhile due to my order including the Tech Pkg, but I have now seen dozens and dozens of Gravity with Tech show up on the “Available Vehicles” list, many in medium to low spec vehicles. I had hoped that once HUDs became more widely available, Lucid would decide to start working through backorders with the HUDs but that is definitely not the case.
Soooo, if you need a new vehicle ASAP and your order is not in varified production (with a VIN), your best bet is to either find an Available Vehicle from Lucid site that is close enough for you to live with (which is probably what Lucid wants you to do) or go buy another brand.
I agree that there's both chaos and opacity in Lucid's production process. I don't personally agree with the assumptions you're making about Lucid's motives, but I also have no hard data to show that you're wrong.
 
This may be slightly off topic, but to what dates are you referring?

I placed an order last December; the production date was a mystery to me until the SA told me in September that "[a]n asset has been assigned to your account, which means your vehicle is officially in production." But my dashboard still just showed "Order Confirmed," not "In Production."

Is asset assignment one of the dates that is on the backend that is visible to SAs, but not necessarily something the SA communicates to the customer? (I have always wondered how some on this forum seem to have more insight into the production schedule for their vehicle, whereas for others of us it is a black box---for myself, I have always chalked it up to the fact that I am on my fourth SA assigned to my Gravity order, and that none of them has been very responsive.)
From reading the forum this year, I only see a handful of production steps that clearly exist:

1) First a vehicle is assigned a "batch number". This doesn't come with a hard production date attached. My assumption batch assignment is related to the logistics system working to ensure all the needed parts will be available for the vehicles to be built.
2) Then a vehicle goes into production. It appears that the sales team can see predicted production dates before the vehicle actually goes into production, but the dates are not reliable. For example, I was told by my SA about two weeks ago that I was due to go into production this week. But when I checked in on Monday, it was revealed that the system now lists my production date as being Oct 28th. No hint of why it changed, or whether the new date is reliable.
3) There's a date for the vehicle leaving the factory, and being shipped to your pickup location.
4) There's a "pre-delivery inspection" process, where they do final quality checks on the vehicle before delivering to a customer. These are sometimes turning up problems that take them weeks to resolve, thus substantially delaying a customer's actual delivery date.

All in all, anyone requiring certainty in when they're Gravity will be delivered is clearly best served by finding a vehicle from the available inventory, as the production process has a lot of uncertainty baked into it.
 
The frustrating thing in all of this is that for those of us who planned on taking advantage of the extension of the $7500 EV lease credit, that will supposedly disappear 12/31/2025. Unless Lucid makes producing ordered vehicles eligible for this credit a priority, there is no way they will get them all delivered prior to end of year. Based on the variety of builds I am seeing on Lucid site, I am pretty sure they have enough parts either in stock or arriving soon, to build a majority of the ordered cars (at least first 6-9 months of orders) by end of year. But that would require some detailed planning and possibly slightly slow down production. If you were one of those people who placed an order in Aug-Sep based on Lucid promising the extension of the EV credit if you placed order before Sep.31, well good luck getting your car delivered by end of year.
 
The frustrating thing in all of this is that for those of us who planned on taking advantage of the extension of the $7500 EV lease credit, that will supposedly disappear 12/31/2025. Unless Lucid makes producing ordered vehicles eligible for this credit a priority, there is no way they will get them all delivered prior to end of year. Based on the variety of builds I am seeing on Lucid site, I am pretty sure they have enough parts either in stock or arriving soon, to build a majority of the ordered cars (at least first 6-9 months of orders) by end of year. But that would require some detailed planning and possibly slightly slow down production. If you were one of those people who placed an order in Aug-Sep based on Lucid promising the extension of the EV credit if you placed order before Sep.31, well good luck getting your car delivered by end of year.

Someone explained in another thread that the 12/31/2025 expiration date is Lucid's current approach, not an IRS requirement. Thus, Lucid would not be precluded from continuing to use the $7500 EV lease credit in 2026 (for orders placed by 9/30/2025). Given the push to hit year-end goals, I imagine Lucid wouldn't acknowledge this until January 2026, anyway.
 
I completely agree with you. I do find it annoying that before orders opened up that we were led to believe by Lucid that existing Air owners would be given priority and then by when orders were placed. This is not what is happening as you point out based on inventory cars becoming available. I do understand the sequencing of colors and the availability of the tech package impacts production sequence along with some batching of common options.
Yup. I also agree. I understand why it’s happening (I think), but it makes me a little sad.
 
The frustrating thing in all of this is that for those of us who planned on taking advantage of the extension of the $7500 EV lease credit, that will supposedly disappear 12/31/2025. Unless Lucid makes producing ordered vehicles eligible for this credit a priority, there is no way they will get them all delivered prior to end of year. Based on the variety of builds I am seeing on Lucid site, I am pretty sure they have enough parts either in stock or arriving soon, to build a majority of the ordered cars (at least first 6-9 months of orders) by end of year. But that would require some detailed planning and possibly slightly slow down production. If you were one of those people who placed an order in Aug-Sep based on Lucid promising the extension of the EV credit if you placed order before Sep.31, well good luck getting your car delivered by end of year.
True, but they also just have the option to extend it. They’d have to do the math, of course, but it’s not totally crazy.

But I think all of us are hoping this gets resolved quickly and they’re delivering tons of cars. Time will tell.
 
I do understand the sequencing of colors and the availability of the tech package impacts production sequence along with some batching of common options.

Speaking of color sequencing, when is your next flyover planned to take place? I am curious to see if there are any lunar titanium vehicles in the lots.
 
Speaking of color sequencing, when is your next flyover planned to take place? I am curious to see if there are any lunar titanium vehicles in the lots.
There is a Lucid owners rally and employee family day at the factory on Saturday. I am not sure that I will do a flyover then since I do not want to disturb any of the activities. I will be able to see, but not photograph, any lunar titanium Gravity on the general assembly line on Saturday. Next flyover will likely be end of next week.
 
Someone explained in another thread that the 12/31/2025 expiration date is Lucid's current approach, not an IRS requirement. Thus, Lucid would not be precluded from continuing to use the $7500 EV lease credit in 2026 (for orders placed by 9/30/2025). Given the push to hit year-end goals, I imagine Lucid wouldn't acknowledge this until January 2026, anyway.

Not exactly. If you had an order placed before the credit expired you still get it through the IRS as long as you take delivery before the end of the year. Yes Lucid said they'd extend the credit but they announced that before the IRS clarified that - so if you ordered and made a payment before 9/30 and take possession of the vehicle before 12/31 you're still getting the credit from the government.

I'm sure Lucid would like to get as many of those types of vehicles out as possible so that they're not on the hook for the credit. It just makes better financial sense for them.
 
True, but they also just have the option to extend it. They’d have to do the math, of course, but it’s not totally crazy.

But I think all of us are hoping this gets resolved quickly and they’re delivering tons of cars. Time will tell.
Yes, I know they are delivering tons of cars. That is actually more disconcerting. Parts constraints is not an issue. Producing cars according to specific orders takes more time than randomly producing cars in batches. Order holders are definitely not a priority. If Lucid can’t get @Adnillian car into production almost a year after placing his order, what chance is there for someone who placed order 6 months later. Meanwhile some random guy is able to walk in to Studio across the country some where, find a Gravity almost exactly like his, and buy it there, no wait. If Adnillian was a priority to Lucid, they could simply have made the 2 or 3 small changes to that car during production and delivered it to a happy loyal Lucid owner.

About 20 years ago, I placed an order for the then new Mercedes C32 AMG, one of the first in-house AMGs Mercedes started to produce. I was told I was #5 on the wait list at my local dealership. It showed up on time and well before any other random C32s showed up on their lot for people off the street to buy.
 
Not exactly. If you had an order placed before the credit expired you still get it through the IRS as long as you take delivery before the end of the year. Yes Lucid said they'd extend the credit but they announced that before the IRS clarified that - so if you ordered and made a payment before 9/30 and take possession of the vehicle before 12/31 you're still getting the credit from the government.

Are you sure about that?

As far as I can tell, the relevant change that Congress made in the One Big Beautiful Bill Act is that the credit is now only available for vehicles placed into service by September 30, 2025, as opposed to by December 31, 2032. And the IRS has released guidance along the lines of what you said:

The vehicle must be placed in service for you to claim the credit. If a vehicle is placed in service after Sept. 30, 2025, you must have acquired the vehicle on or before Sept. 30, 2025, to be eligible for the credit. You can demonstrate acquisition by entering into a binding written contract and making a payment on the vehicle on or before Sept. 30, 2025. A vehicle is placed in service when you take possession of the vehicle.

I am not seeing in either the bill or in the guidance that the credit will be unavailable in 2026. What am I missing?
 
Are you sure about that?

As far as I can tell, the relevant change that Congress made in the One Big Beautiful Bill Act is that the credit is now only available for vehicles placed into service by September 30, 2025, as opposed to by December 31, 2032. And the IRS has released guidance along the lines of what you said:



I am not seeing in either the bill or in the guidance that the credit will be unavailable in 2026. What am I missing?

I'm 100% sure. The IRS posted the following and it was pretty widely reported in the news at the time. I know people keep saying otherwise but if you read the last IRS guidance FAQ they clearly state that you can get the credit as long as you made a downpayment before the credit expired and place it in service before the end of the year.


2. For purposes of the expiring clean vehicle credits under sections 25E, 30D, and 45W, what does “acquired” mean?​

For purposes of sections 25E, 30D, and 45W, a vehicle is “acquired” as of the date a written binding contract is entered into and a payment has been made. A payment includes a nominal downpayment or a vehicle trade-in.

3. What effect does “acquisition” of a vehicle have on a taxpayer’s ability to claim a credit under sections 25E, 30D, and 45W?​

Acquiring a vehicle prior to the termination date is an initial step, but acquisition alone does not immediately entitle a taxpayer to a credit. Sections 25E(a), 30D(a), and 45W(a) require the vehicle be “placed in service” to claim the respective credit (see IRS.gov for additional requirements). If a taxpayer acquires a vehicle by having a written binding contract in place and a payment made on or before September 30, 2025, then the taxpayer will be entitled to claim the credit when they place the vehicle in service (namely, when they take possession of the vehicle), even if the vehicle is placed in service after September 30, 2025. Taxpayers should receive a time of sale report from the dealer at the time they take possession or within three days of taking possession of the vehicle.
 
I'm 100% sure. The IRS posted the following and it was pretty widely reported in the news at the time. I know people keep saying otherwise but if you read the last IRS guidance FAQ they clearly state that you can get the credit as long as you made a downpayment before the credit expired and place it in service before the end of the year.

Thanks. But that guidance only says that the vehicle may be placed in service after 9/30/2025. Where can I find the requirement to take delivery by 12/31/2025? Is there further IRS guidance on that?

In other words, where does it say that the vehicle may be placed in service after 9/30/2025, but must be placed in service by 12/31/2025?
 
Thanks. But that guidance only says that the vehicle may be placed in service after 9/30/2025. Where can I find the requirement to take delivery by 12/31/2025? Is there further IRS guidance on that?

In other words, where does it say that the vehicle may be placed in service after 9/30/2025, but must be placed in service by 12/31/2025?

You know, it doesn't say the 12/31 date as a deadline and some further research seems to say that it doesn't matter so I guess ignore that I said that part. I swear I had read that it had to be in service before the end of the tax year (ie-12/31/2025) but it's definitely not in the IRS information.
 
You know, it doesn't say the 12/31 date as a deadline and some further research seems to say that it doesn't matter so I guess ignore that I said that part. I swear I had read that it had to be in service before the end of the tax year (ie-12/31/2025) but it's definitely not in the IRS information.

Thanks again. I wish there were more clarity on this, because I can increasingly foresee being forced to choose between (a) waiting until 2026 for my preferred configuration or (b) settling for something different from inventory in mid-December. But we are dead-set on leasing, so I want that credit. At the end of the day, I guess its availability in 2026 will depend on the leasing company’s risk tolerance when it coves to interpretation of tax law.
 
My Supernova/Ojai just flipped to in production today.
Great to hear! I placed my order same day as you. Which means that hopefully mine should go into production within the next week or so. Orrrr, it could go into production in January. With Lucid, who knows. I’ll chose to embrace the positive vibes and embrace the sooner vs the later.
 
Great to hear! I placed my order same day as you. Which means that hopefully mine should go into production within the next week or so. Orrrr, it could go into production in January. With Lucid, who knows. I’ll chose to embrace the positive vibes and embrace the sooner vs the later.
I’m heading to Casa Grande on Saturday for an AZ Lucid Owners event. I’ll see if I can spot yours too. 🤪
 
Back
Top