Speculation Gravity Features

Uh oh.. is this going to have the same fate as executive seat air?
We actually wanted the executive seats in the Air. To have the option in the Gravity would bode well for a reintroduction into the Air.

According to a November 16 "Motor Trend" article, "we're told a six-passenger Gravity with second-row captain's chairs is being considered for later on."

I was planning on a Dream Edition with the captains chairs. Is it possible the top trim Gravity won't offer them . . . or that they might never arrive? (Back when we were speculating about power-operated doors in the Air, some Design Studios told people that power-operated doors were not ready for the time Dream Edition production start but would come later. They never did. One service tech even told me you could tell which Air had the power-operated doors by the presence of a piston plunger in the door instead of the metal strip that caught the door when it opened.)

And remember the "executive rear seats" in the Air that were hyped endlessly prior to launch and were actually present in many of the early demo vehicles? I'm pretty sure those plans are long since on the scrap heap.

I’m sure many of those designs didn’t get to execution because of era of supply-chain constraint for complexity.

According to the preprod prototype, it does not have them. I too would view it as weird if it didnt have them for the final version.
655640124ca513d8242a94d5

These pre-production EVs will be different from production. There may be more bells and whistles later such as HUD. I just hope they can execute software better at start of deployment this time.

Further regarding captains chairs: photos and all mention of 6-passenger seating disappeared from Lucid's press release announcing the Gravity reveal:

Likewise, the images of the captains chairs that were until recently under the "Gravity" tab on the Lucid website are now gone and replaced with pictures only of a bench second row.

I kind of approve that. Lucid wants to get into the popular price range for better sale outcome. It’s a compromise. Perhaps this time around they may produce Dream Edition with tons of super bells later or at same time as lower trim as not to lose reservationists in queue for waited too long.

We actually wanted the executive seats in the Air. To have the option in the Gravity would bode well for a reintroduction into the Air.

I want them too. I want to see more luxurious trim than Escalade. But with cash runway reserve concern, macroeconomic, more market upcoming entrants, Lucid has to stick to execute that timeline and cannot delay production schedule.

I kind of approve that. Lucid wants to get into the popular price range for better sale outcome. It’s a compromise. Perhaps this time around they may produce Dream Edition with tons of super bells later or at same time as lower trim as not to lose reservationists in queue for waited too long.
I would love to see that but Based on how they have operated and the fact, that they said deliveries to begin late 2024, I presume they will deliver a few DE q4 2024, with real deliveries beginning q1 2025 or later. When you look at the Gravity Website did they even mention delivery? I didn’t see a date. I may have missed it. They spoke about q4 delivery in interviews etc. I think that gives them leeway if they don’t deliver until 2025.

The thing is though, an overwhelming majority of families also prefer captains chairs. Therefore, I think it could actually be worth the R and D.

The thing is though, an overwhelming majority of families also prefer captains chairs. Therefore, I think it could actually be worth the R and D.
What research indicates this is true? The industry seems to disagree with your statement considering all the 7 seat vehicles and not 6 seat vehicles available.

What research indicates this is true? The industry seems to disagree with your statement considering all the 7 seat vehicles and not 6 seat vehicles available.
Sales data as well as looking at just how many three row SUV's have it. In addition, a lot of 7 seat vehicles are 7 seats because they have 3 seats in the rear.

They are favored due to easy third row access and room.

Sales data as well as looking at just how many three row SUV's have it. In addition, a lot of 7 seat vehicles are 7 seats because they have 3 seats in the rear.

They are favored due to easy third row access and room.

I would only prefer 6 seaters in Model-X for captain chair bc that 3rd row is ridiculous difficult to get in. But if a vehicle make 3rd row easy to get in, captain chairs won’t be as attractive.

But if a vehicle make 3rd row easy to get in, captain chairs won’t be as attractive.
The chevy tahoe's system is brilliant and one that I hope Lucid will adopt. Lucid still hasnt finalized how they will get the third row out the way, so the prototype looked pretty difficult to get in.

The chevy tahoe's system is brilliant and one that I hope Lucid will adopt. Lucid still hasnt finalized how they will get the third row out the way, so the prototype looked pretty difficult to get in.
I'm not sure what you are referring to? The 2nd row slides forward on rails and the seats tilt forward. The 3rd stows away like a minivan

I'm not sure what you are referring to? The 2nd row slides forward on rails and the seats tilt forward. The 3rd stows away like a minivan
The second row sliding forward is what I am referring to. Many videos say that Lucid has not finalized the mechanism/method to move it out of the way. The chevy tahoe has a very good solution to this.

That third row stowing of gravity though... I literally don't know how they fit that.

One thing I agreed with @Drendino is that R1S is what Gravity needs to learn from instead of making ridicule of their efficiency.
I don’t know how Rivian did it in its 5-cycles EPA Test, it’s same EPA test like Tesla and Lucid, yet I can achieve +5% above their EPA with modest acceleration on a QUAD motors consumption and 22” wheels. Even later after Rivian adjusted +10 miles higher EPA after software update.
5952F5F4-F030-434F-BA11-FB0667436291.jpeg

Now Rivian came out max pack 150kWh w/ 142kWh usable battery can now do EPA 400 miles. I don’t know how Rivian achieve this modest efficiency. Something about their new in-house developed dual motor and battery chemistry has tremendous boost, because with Coefficient Drag of 3.0, I am just awed of these numbers. And too bad I couldn’t upgrade to Max Pack once have Large Pack.

142 kWh and a EPA rating of 400 mi, for 355 Wh/mi | 2.8 mi/kWh is quite impressive.
D5985310-A742-4E91-98FD-DC3C8A0F10B7.jpeg

Anyway, of course we know highest trim of Gravity will have 440 miles+. R1S highest trim of max 400 miles range starts at $99,000. Gravity has a serious opponent of R1S which already toppled over Model-X delivery going in 2nd year. Gravity can do it, it’s only 3 years behind R1S delivery schedule, I hope Lucid can keep up their schedule to grab SUV market share.

One thing I agreed with @Drendino is that R1S is what Gravity needs to learn from instead of making ridicule of their efficiency.
I don’t know how Rivian did it in its 5-cycles EPA Test, it’s same EPA test like Tesla and Lucid, yet I can achieve +5% above their EPA with modest acceleration on a QUAD motors consumption and 22” wheels. Even later after Rivian adjusted +10 miles higher EPA after software update.
View attachment 16667

Now Rivian came out max pack 150kWh w/ 142kWh usable battery can now do EPA 400 miles. I don’t know how Rivian achieve this modest efficiency. Something about their new in-house developed dual motor and battery chemistry has tremendous boost, because with Coefficient Drag of 3.0, I am just awed of these numbers. And too bad I couldn’t upgrade to Max Pack once have Large Pack.

142 kWh and a EPA rating of 400 mi, for 355 Wh/mi | 2.8 mi/kWh is quite impressive.
View attachment 16668

Anyway, of course we know highest trim of Gravity will have 440 miles+. R1S highest trim of max 400 miles range starts at $99,000. Gravity has a serious opponent of R1S which already toppled over Model-X delivery going in 2nd year. Gravity can do it, it’s only 3 years behind R1S delivery schedule, I hope Lucid can keep up their schedule to grab SUV market share.
Eh, I love friendly banter between companies especially when both are startups.

Besides, Lucid wasn't targeting Rivian, I saw it against GM and their 220 kwh batteries.

Disagree. Families with 3 young kids like a rear bench.

Eh, I love friendly banter between companies especially when both are startups.

Besides, Lucid wasn't targeting Rivian, I saw it against GM and their 220 kwh batteries.

Lucid hasn’t at all lately. But this is good segment of market to get into. 75%+ of cars on the road I see are truck/SUV/minivan/crossover.

Disagree. Families with 3 young kids like a rear bench.
There will likely be different perspectives everywhere, but in my area it is popular to increase third row accessibility, armrests, as well as keeping multiple kids seperated(even the suburban these days has captains chairs, know you had two). Almost all SUV's I encountered while we were shopping were equipped with captains chairs.

Obviously, everybody's family needs are different which is why it is great that Lucid is giving us this much options.

There will likely be different perspectives everywhere, but in my area it is popular to increase third row accessibility, armrests, as well as keeping multiple kids seperated(even the suburban these days has captains chairs, know you had two). Almost all SUV's I encountered while we were shopping were equipped with captains chairs.

Obviously, everybody's family needs are different which is why it is great that Lucid is giving us this much options.

I remember our Odyssey, the 2nd row middle seat can be detached to make access or attacked to make bench seats. We love that flexibility.

I remember our Odyssey, the 2nd row middle seat can be detached to make access or attacked to make bench seats. We love that flexibility.
I know your odyssey's generation, my neighbor has the same one. It is very useful, but the look due to the slight gaps between the middle seats and the other seats looks ugly. It is really practical though, if you need a seat just add it!

I still hope for more front bench cars. With electrification, they can easily be packaged and still have legroom for the front middle person.

Back