Gravity Delivery Discussion

I have PPF installed on my Lucid Air, and I’ve found that using a blue scrub pad to scrub the PPF works exceptionally well. I typically use Sprayway window cleaner and let it soak for a while before scrubbing and wiping the surface. All my cars have PPF installed.

Since I’m leasing my Gravity, I’ve decided to defer using PPF for the time being. Bug cleaning has been a significant challenge, and I need to find a gentle method to soak the front end that won’t damage the clear coat. Additionally, all the crevices are difficult to clean. I’ve also encountered bugs trapped in hard-to-reach areas, such as the edge of the Lidar. I wonder if it’s possible to redesign all the sharp crevices and smooth them out without compromising the car’s aerodynamic performance. Although, some of the issues are attributed to the numerous plastic components and the tiny cracks where they fit.
You can tell the people who designed the Gravity never washed a car in their lives. Washing and drying the Lucid rear light bar with all of the crevices is a pain. A leaf blower is really your only option for drying the crevices. This includes the front section where the front camera is, the side mirrors and the frunk/trunk seem to hold a lot of water. They drip forever.
 
Car-safe power washer works really well. Have one mounted on garage wall and use it all summer. Air compressor for blowing out crevices works well too
 
Last edited:
You can tell the people who designed the Gravity never washed a car in their lives. Washing and drying the Lucid rear light bar with all of the crevices is a pain. A leaf blower is really your only option for drying the crevices. This includes the front section where the front camera is, the side mirrors and the frunk/trunk seem to hold a lot of water. They drip forever.
1000%

I ended up getting a DI system for my pressure washer and that gets rid of water spots when water drips down after blow drying it.

The frunk and trunk hold the most water lol.
 
1000%

I ended up getting a DI system for my pressure washer and that gets rid of water spots when water drips down after blow drying it.
That’s funny you mention a DI water system. I just bought one as well and decided to drag out my pressure washer and foam cannon. I got lazy washing the Teslas and would do a quick soapy water contact wash and hose them down and hand dry. The Gravity is so big the foam cannon helps loosen the grime and slow down the drying/water spots. Then my plan is to final rinse with DI water and leaf blow and hand dry as much as possible. Then just leave the drips and not care since it’s DI water.
 
I had a fully loaded LT on order since April of last year. A Lucid rep called me today and asked me if I wanted to cancel. Unfortunately I said yes, but I did stress I was hoping for the color to return in the future, or even better they get around for Gravity X limited production. I'm hoping the software and hardware will have a little more time in the oven before I need a new car next year, namely they fix all of the autostart, PAAK, warning glitches, mic, and the whole HUD. Thanks everyone for being helpful in raising awareness on serious issues to Lucid - if they make it, it will because they tackled all of these problems quickly and effectively.
 
1000%

I ended up getting a DI system for my pressure washer and that gets rid of water spots when water drips down after blow drying it.

The frunk and trunk hold the most water lol.
Not to mention after using a leaf blower on the rear and letting the car sit for two days, water still drips out of the rear roof spoiler on both sides of the rear glass.
 
You can tell the people who designed the Gravity never washed a car in their lives. Washing and drying the Lucid rear light bar with all of the crevices is a pain. A leaf blower is really your only option for drying the crevices. This includes the front section where the front camera is, the side mirrors and the frunk/trunk seem to hold a lot of water. They drip forever.
Or that's just not what it's optimized for :P
 
Yeah, true; part of why I don't lease. I like owning my things.

But I get why you leased this and it makes perfect sense.
Actually, I'm like you and like to own things of value and value the things I own. This is the 1st time I've ever leased a car; and...it's true that this short lease will effectively add $27K to the eventual purchase price of me owning a Gravity. But, I get to enjoy the car now and really get to know it thoroughly. Then later, I'll get to order one configured (and painted!) the way I truly want it not too far down the road and by then it'll have more mature SW and features and perhaps even updated/upgraded hardware &/or parts.
...OR, if Lucid screws up and totally nose dives the midsize launch and it looks like it's going to be the next Fisker, I'll have had fun and still have an easy out.
 
Actually, I'm like you and like to own things of value and value the things I own. This is the 1st time I've ever leased a car; and...it's true that this short lease will effectively add $27K to the eventual purchase price of me owning a Gravity. But, I get to enjoy the car now and really get to know it thoroughly. Then later, I'll get to order one configured (and painted!) the way I truly want it not too far down the road and by then it'll have more mature SW and features and perhaps even updated/upgraded hardware &/or parts.
...OR, if Lucid screws up and totally nose dives the midsize launch and it looks like it's going to be the next Fisker, I'll have had fun and still have an easy out.
My exact same plan 🍻
 
Actually, I'm like you and like to own things of value and value the things I own. This is the 1st time I've ever leased a car; and...it's true that this short lease will effectively add $27K to the eventual purchase price of me owning a Gravity. But, I get to enjoy the car now and really get to know it thoroughly. Then later, I'll get to order one configured (and painted!) the way I truly want it not too far down the road and by then it'll have more mature SW and features and perhaps even updated/upgraded hardware &/or parts.
...OR, if Lucid screws up and totally nose dives the midsize launch and it looks like it's going to be the next Fisker, I'll have had fun and still have an easy out.
Makes sense. My Air DE is still the best car I've ever driven, so it was easy for me to make that choice for the Gravity. But we also got the color we wanted, so it was a pretty easy choice all other things considered.

(And I was so ready to get rid of that damn Ioniq 5 that needed 7-8 ICCU replacements lol)
 
My gravity will be delivered by the end of the month. I could not find any "sticky" thread on "what to look for during the delivery". Can anyone please share the knowledge? Thanks.
 
My gravity will be delivered by the end of the month. I could not find any "sticky" thread on "what to look for during the delivery". Can anyone please share the knowledge? Thanks.
I just took photos of the exterior from all angles, and looked for things that otherwise could be controversial as to the cause later on: scratches, chips, dings, etc. Didn't find any.
The service center isn't too far from me, so I figured if I did find anything as time passed I'd just have it fixed in a subsequent visit. So far, perfect.
 
Does Gravity come with any charging adapters? I have a CCS Level 2 charger at home, which I use for the Mercedes EQS SUV. So will I need to buy 1) any adapter for home charger 2) any adapter if I want to charge at Electrify America or other non-Tesla chargers who use CCS cable?
 
Does Gravity come with any charging adapters? I have a CCS Level 2 charger at home, which I use for the Mercedes EQS SUV. So will I need to buy 1) any adapter for home charger 2) any adapter if I want to charge at Electrify America or other non-Tesla chargers who use CCS cable?

Yes, you get both CCS1 to NACS and J1772 to NACS adapters. I believe the CCS1 only works with DC fast chargers though, someone else will have to chime in on what you need for a home charger (I only have NACS).
 
Yes, they come with both adapters, AC and DC. I also have a J1772 charger at home. It's charging the Gravity perfectly with the adapter that came with the car. It's very small and blends perfectly into the charging cable.

The DC (CCS) adapter is bulky and heavy, but it fits perfectly in a side compartment in the trunk, so it's invisible.
 
If you want to have an extra AC charging adapter (J1772->NACS), you can get inexpensively one here that is UL listed and extremely similar to Lucid's.
I keep this at my home charging station, and Lucid's in the trunk of the Gravity.
 
Taking delivery tomorrow, leasing. Am I out of touch or are they a little extra when it comes to your ins? I usually hand them my card, they make a copy and we are done. My SA is telling me unless it's bound exactly I can't take delivery. Is my SA off his meds?
 
Back
Top