Gravity Delivery Discussion

Definitely agree about dark colors showing the dirt. Needs a wash already just driving it home from the SC!
I've hand washed ours twice so far. Something I don't think I've done since we had the Crossfire Convertible 15 years ago.
 
Ya I think I'll just build a drive thru one at the bottom of my driveway so it's freshly washed whenever I leave home!

(in reality I already put a bucket, a soft cloth, baby shampoo, and a chamois by the front of the garage in anticipation of frequent usage !)
I know someone who has a (many) multicar garage and had one of the touchfree washes like at gas stations installed in one so he could do that. Yes, he has too much money. 🤣
 
... Lucid needs to offer a lighter color paint choice besides "cop car white"
I think you meant "majestic white" :)
Gravity at Point Reyes (small).webp
 
I see “out of spec” on the video and all I I can think of is a three hour video on ppf… 😆
TLDW: He doesn't see much point in PPF.
But he's looking at it from a different perspective than most.
I'm currently more of a car-as-tool person than car-as-fetish, having paid for PPF on a car once.
 
TLDW: He doesn't see much point in PPF.
But he's looking at it from a different perspective than most.
I'm currently more of a car-as-tool person than car-as-fetish, having paid for PPF on a car once.
Same really. I think I'm getting too old to be precious about cars unless they're something super rare and collectable. I have enough hobbies to babysit lol
 
Those are pretty (esp the Mrs'!) but no way am I going to pay to wrap an 18mo leased vehicle!
Yeah, true; part of why I don't lease. I like owning my things.

But I get why you leased this and it makes perfect sense.
 
fwiw, our "wrap" is PPF
I think your wrap turned out fun! Color changes do make sense to me.
I no longer see the value in a clear wrap whose only purpose is protection.
 
I DIY wrapped the front sections (hood, bumper, front fenders) of my Model Y and 3 for about $600 each. No way am I paying $3k+ to do it. I leased my Gravity so it’s not worth wrapping.
I still have some rock chips that made it through the PPF, as expected. The one thing I like about PPF, when hand washing I can scrub the bugs and bird shit off the front without worrying about scratching the paint. With the Gravity I’m more gentle and will use chemicals to loosen the bugs instead of force.
 
I DIY wrapped the front sections (hood, bumper, front fenders) of my Model Y and 3 for about $600 each. No way am I paying $3k+ to do it. I leased my Gravity so it’s not worth wrapping.
I still have some rock chips that made it through the PPF, as expected. The one thing I like about PPF, when hand washing I can scrub the bugs and bird shit off the front without worrying about scratching the paint. With the Gravity I’m more gentle and will use chemicals to loosen the bugs instead of force.
DIY with ppf is a nightmare unless you are extremely patient and somewhat crafty. No way I could do that.
 
The one thing I like about PPF, when hand washing I can scrub the bugs and bird shit off the front without worrying about scratching the paint. With the Gravity I’m more gentle and will use chemicals to loosen the bugs instead of force.
I have PPF installed on my Lucid Air, and I’ve found that using a blue scrub pad to scrub the PPF works exceptionally well. I typically use Sprayway window cleaner and let it soak for a while before scrubbing and wiping the surface. All my cars have PPF installed.

Since I’m leasing my Gravity, I’ve decided to defer using PPF for the time being. Bug cleaning has been a significant challenge, and I need to find a gentle method to soak the front end that won’t damage the clear coat. Additionally, all the crevices are difficult to clean. I’ve also encountered bugs trapped in hard-to-reach areas, such as the edge of the Lidar. I wonder if it’s possible to redesign all the sharp crevices and smooth them out without compromising the car’s aerodynamic performance. Although, some of the issues are attributed to the numerous plastic components and the tiny cracks where they fit.
 
Back
Top