Gravity Delivery Discussion

OK, final update. I just signed my final paperwork, and will hopefully pick up my car Friday, pending it passing PDI ok. Fingers crossed.

After all the back and forth, my final paperwork had a $75 documentation fee. Seems like maybe various systems and processes are very disconnected. It was a surprise/news to my SA that the final fee was $75 and I think he's as confused as I am. If I had to venture a guess, it would be that the proforma paperwork generator they give the SAs is entirely disconnected from what the real underlying paperwork says, and that maybe $800 was never really officially linked to my order.
 
Picked up my White Gravity this morning
Love it! I'm in the order queue for the color combo, hopefully going into production next week. It's a bit strange to order a color I've never been able to see in person, and so it's reassuring to see how good it looks in your photo.
 
OK, final update. I just signed my final paperwork, and will hopefully pick up my car Friday, pending it passing PDI ok. Fingers crossed.

After all the back and forth, my final paperwork had a $75 documentation fee. Seems like maybe various systems and processes are very disconnected. It was a surprise/news to my SA that the final fee was $75 and I think he's as confused as I am. If I had to venture a guess, it would be that the proforma paperwork generator they give the SAs is entirely disconnected from what the real underlying paperwork says, and that maybe $800 was never really officially linked to my order.
I think that fee is standard? I had the same fee. Also make sure your sales tax is correct on your purchase agreement. Mine was wrong and Lucid Financial has still not responded to my SAs requests about how they calculated it (Mass tax is 6.5%, Rhode Island is 7% but they credit you for the difference you paid in another state, meanwhile LFS charged me closer to 10%). Literally EVERY time LFS would generate a new purchase agreement they’d get wildly wrong numbers on the sales tax, at one point it was like $16K meanwhile I got $45k trade credit for my 2022 Air GT which should have reduced the tax. I don’t want to turn this thread into yet another Lucid Financial Services sucks thread, but do not trust them and double check every number yourself.
 
Catching you up here quickly: I agree that $75 seems to have been the standard at order placement time as of some months ago when I and I think you placed our orders. However, my recent proformas in the days leading up til now increased that fee to $800, which was why I was frustrated. I had been alerted to look out for this based on someone else's observation in one of these threads (I can't remember who); IIRC I think they walked away over the increase. Others on here are reporting different doc fees, I think someone said $500 in NJ. Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised that my final paperwork came in back at the original $75, so I am happy.

Thanks for the other heads-ups. I was pretty careful to tooth through everything. My sales tax was correct. The trickiest part was the $1000 original deposit, which wasn't anywhere in the contract, but my SA told me to just wire $1000 less than it said as cash due at signing, which seems a little sus to me, but at least I got credit in the final analysis. If I hadn't noticed it, I don't know if I'd have been asked to wire the full amount....

Other than that, the paperwork was pretty smooth for me.
 
Love it! I'm in the order queue for the color combo, hopefully going into production next week. It's a bit strange to order a color I've never been able to see in person, and so it's reassuring to see how good it looks in your photo.
the white looks so good, i wanted it but they were sold out.
 
Looks like "Preparing for Delivery" status was a good sign after all! My SA says my GGT is in Phoenix awaiting PDI and then delivery to Scottsdale. He's saying the first week in November for delivery. I told him he had to make it happen before 11/7 so it would be less than a year since my order ;)

While I can see software having been loaded on my dashboard (3.3.2 was the latest, not 3.3.5), the link to the owner's manual does nothing at all. Not even an error message.

GGT AG Stealth, Tahoe, 21/22, DD2 Pro, SS Pro, Dynamic Handling, Tech, C&C, Towing
 
Looks like "Preparing for Delivery" status was a good sign after all! My SA says my GGT is in Phoenix awaiting PDI and then delivery to Scottsdale. He's saying the first week in November for delivery. I told him he had to make it happen before 11/7 so it would be less than a year since my order ;)

While I can see software having been loaded on my dashboard (3.3.2 was the latest, not 3.3.5), the link to the owner's manual does nothing at all. Not even an error message.

GGT AG Stealth, Tahoe, 21/22, DD2 Pro, SS Pro, Dynamic Handling, Tech, C&C, Towing
Hopefully, your car will sail through PDI. My car has been in PDI at Scottsdale for about 3 weeks. They told me today that I will get it by the end of the month. They said there were several Gravities that were "broken" and they had to fix them. When pressed, the SA says that the delivery people were tight lipped. but mentioned that the steering was broken. Seems more than that to me - does it take 3 weeks to fix that? The factory is just 'down the street' for parts. Maybe they are fixing body damage? Good thing this is a lease. Now just to worry about the lease return shenanigans.
 
Hopefully, your car will sail through PDI. My car has been in PDI at Scottsdale for about 3 weeks. They told me today that I will get it by the end of the month. They said there were several Gravities that were "broken" and they had to fix them. When pressed, the SA says that the delivery people were tight lipped. but mentioned that the steering was broken. Seems more than that to me - does it take 3 weeks to fix that? The factory is just 'down the street' for parts. Maybe they are fixing body damage? Good thing this is a lease. Now just to worry about the lease return shenanigans.
My DE, too, has been in PDI for almost two weeks in Roswell, GA. I was told last week a faulty front sensor is not allowing the cruise control/lane keeping to engage. I’m thinking “isn’t this something they should be testing before it leaves the factory?” I haven’t received any update for almost a week. This reinforces my decision to lease.
 
Hopefully, your car will sail through PDI. My car has been in PDI at Scottsdale for about 3 weeks. They told me today that I will get it by the end of the month. They said there were several Gravities that were "broken" and they had to fix them. When pressed, the SA says that the delivery people were tight lipped. but mentioned that the steering was broken. Seems more than that to me - does it take 3 weeks to fix that? The factory is just 'down the street' for parts. Maybe they are fixing body damage? Good thing this is a lease. Now just to worry about the lease return shenanigans.
Whatever is not working, parts are generally in very short supply. A couple folks here (including me) needed parts and they had to be literally taken from the assembly line. Even if the line is “down the street”, it’s disruptive to production, so they don’t just grab the part. They DO get it though. That was my experience.

I know it’s hard to wait but it’s completely worth it and you’d much rather they fix it first versus you taking delivery, and having to put it in service. Once you’ve experienced it for more than a demo drive, the wait if it’s in service is even harder!!
 
Hopefully, your car will sail through PDI. My car has been in PDI at Scottsdale for about 3 weeks. They told me today that I will get it by the end of the month. They said there were several Gravities that were "broken" and they had to fix them. When pressed, the SA says that the delivery people were tight lipped. but mentioned that the steering was broken. Seems more than that to me - does it take 3 weeks to fix that? The factory is just 'down the street' for parts. Maybe they are fixing body damage? Good thing this is a lease. Now just to worry about the lease return shenanigans.y

Whatever is not working, parts are generally in very short supply. A couple folks here (including me) needed parts and they had to be literally taken from the assembly line. Even if the line is “down the street”, it’s disruptive to production, so they don’t just grab the part. They DO get it though. That was my experience.

I know it’s hard to wait but it’s completely worth it and you’d much rather they fix it first versus you taking delivery, and having to put it in service. Once you’ve experienced it for more than a demo drive, the wait if it’s in service is even harder!!
My GGT arrived in Costa Mesa on Oct 3. My SA said they can deliver as soon as Oct 8. We scheduled delivery for Oct 13. On Oct 12, my SA texted to let me know delivery will be delayed for a few days because it needs further inspection, whatever that means. Initially, I asked if I could have it delivered on Nov 3 since I had a scheduled trip from Oct 21 to Nov 2 to which he said they cannot hold off on delivery that long. My car will be made available for sale or assigned to another order. Still no word from SA so it looks like I can't get the car until I come back anyway.
Ae they not supposed to inform us what is being "inspected"?


Aurora Green Metallic, Ojai Leather, 20" Front / 21" Rear Voyager Onyx Grey, Front and Rear Motor, All-Wheel Drive, DreamDrive™ 2 Premium, Surreal Sound Pro, 7-Passenger Seating Configuration, Luxury Seating Package with 18-Way Power Front Seats, Stealth Appearance, Comfort & Convenience Package Upgrade, Dynamic Handling Package Upgrade, Technology Package Upgrade, Towing Package Upgrade
 
I’ve now sent a not insignificant wire to Lucid. My vehicle is in PDI now, and although my SA seems to be optimistic, I’m concerned something might come up. My delivery of scheduled for Friday and I’ve made the mistake of taking time off and taking other people I’m expecting it Friday. We’ll see if I end up looking like a fool. (And by extension lucid too)
 
My vehicle has been in Houston for about a week in PDI. Just saw on the portal that 3.3.5 update was completed today. Delivery set for the 30th, but we'll see if that sticks. In no rush, as I'd rather they do a thorough review.
 
I’ve now sent a not insignificant wire to Lucid. My vehicle is in PDI now, and although my SA seems to be optimistic, I’m concerned something might come up. My delivery of scheduled for Friday and I’ve made the mistake of taking time off and taking other people I’m expecting it Friday. We’ll see if I end up looking like a fool. (And by extension lucid too)
who's your SA?
 
Ae they not supposed to inform us what is being "inspected"?
Pre-sale, no. The car is still theirs. They don’t have to inform you of anything unless they change the car (remove a feature or something) or once you take ownership (and thus the car is yours), as far as I’m aware.
 
OK, final update. I just signed my final paperwork, and will hopefully pick up my car Friday, pending it passing PDI ok. Fingers crossed.

After all the back and forth, my final paperwork had a $75 documentation fee. Seems like maybe various systems and processes are very disconnected. It was a surprise/news to my SA that the final fee was $75 and I think he's as confused as I am. If I had to venture a guess, it would be that the proforma paperwork generator they give the SAs is entirely disconnected from what the real underlying paperwork says, and that maybe $800 was never really officially linked to my order.
You are going to love it. Even signing final paperwork, dropping a lot of money, to delivery message, to finally picking up the vehicle and driving off. The sense of driving out with the car and stepping on the throttle for the first time or making that first turn is amazing. Some of the things that have been an absolute surprise are: 1. Tidal app - works awesome and actually sounds great and high fidelity while streaming over cell. It works so well! I have a custom movie threatre in my basement so I have high expectations, 2. HERE GPS works amazing as well. I am impressed at where I live and travel to - excellent. All the other nits are just that - nits to work and manage around. YMMV
 
Back
Top