Gravity Delivery Discussion

The original documentation fee is shown on the original order contract you should have received as a .pdf document from Lucid Sales <[email protected]> via email minutes after you placed you order.
Correct. I would also swear you could have seen it in your "Designs and Orders" under something like "View Order Confirmation" because I had been using that to reference my my docs fee, within the past 24 hours, but it appears to have disappeared. Am I dreaming this? Is it possible they're pulling that down since people are catching on, and it's better to make people have to dig for their old email?

It's also very weird to hear that it's a different amount in different states? I guess maybe the rationale is that some states are harder to do the registration work than others?

Adding insult to injury, I just got a bunch of disclosures to sign via docusign earlier this afternoon - after I had talked to my SA and he told me there was nothing they could do for me. One of those docusigns was a "Vehicle Configuration Summary." That summary shows..... a $75 documentation fee. :confused:
 
The original documentation fee is shown on the original order contract you should have received as a .pdf document from Lucid Sales <[email protected]> via email minutes after you placed you order.
Not in my case. My order pdf only has destination fee, no mention of documentation (or you can understand as no documentation fee :-)).
 

Attachments

  • Order_configure_and_cost.webp
    Order_configure_and_cost.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 135
The inconsistency in when you can see software updates in the portal is very odd. My order is officially "In Production," it's at the delivery center, I have an appointment to pick it up Friday, it's been past factory gate for probably 2 weeks now, and..... I only have the "An Unexpected Error Has Occurred" screen under software updates. 🤷
 
Not in my case. My order pdf only has destination fee, no mention of documentation (or you can understand as no documentation fee :-)).
Verrrry interesting. Mine has a line item right under Destination Fee with the docs fee.
 
Not in my case. My order pdf only has destination fee, no mention of documentation (or you can understand as no documentation fee :-)).
My "Order Agreement Configuration Summary" from March 24th lists a $75 documentation fee. However, the boilerplate legalese includes this:

You agree to purchase your vehicle (“Vehicle”) from Lucid as
configured and at the price set forth in your Configuration
Summary. Your Configuration Summary will include the options
you have selected but will not include taxes and applicable
governmental fees. Because these taxes and fees change
frequently and depend on many factors, including the state in
which the Vehicle will be registered, they are calculated at the
time of delivery of the Vehicle and will be listed on your Final
Price Sheet. You may contact Lucid for an estimate of the taxes
and fees. You are responsible for paying all applicable state
registration fees and sales taxes.

One can perhaps argue about exactly what "applicable governmental fees" covers, but it seems they're not obligated to stick to the $75, nor limited from adding other fees, and having no doc fee listed won't mean that you don't have to pay one. IANAL.
 
Verrrry interesting. Mine has a line item right under Destination Fee with the docs fee.
I made a change to the original order in August and in pdf that I received afterwards, there is a line for documentation fee of $75. If I try to order an inventory car now, the new documentation fee is $525. So this has changed very recently.
 

Attachments

  • Order_configure_and_cost_august12.webp
    Order_configure_and_cost_august12.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 120
Weird that some accounts show software updates for cars that haven't been delivered yet. Mine is at the service center dealing with an issue they found during the PDI, but my dashboard still just shows "An unexpected error has occurred." for both manual and software updates.
 
Correct. I would also swear you could have seen it in your "Designs and Orders" under something like "View Order Confirmation" because I had been using that to reference my my docs fee, within the past 24 hours, but it appears to have disappeared. Am I dreaming this? Is it possible they're pulling that down since people are catching on, and it's better to make people have to dig for their old email?

It's also very weird to hear that it's a different amount in different states? I guess maybe the rationale is that some states are harder to do the registration work than others?

Adding insult to injury, I just got a bunch of disclosures to sign via docusign earlier this afternoon - after I had talked to my SA and he told me there was nothing they could do for me. One of those docusigns was a "Vehicle Configuration Summary." That summary shows..... a $75 documentation fee. :confused:
Check the Purchase Agreement Buyer's Order if it gives a breakdown off the fees
 
Yes. From the EPA docs:

The energy use per mile is proportional to F0+F1*mph+F2*mph^2. The F2 term will dominate at high speeds and it is only 3% different between wheel sizes.
The F0 term and F2 term are equal at ~40mph so that's where aerodynamic losses begin to dominate. At 80mph the F2 term is 4x the F0 term.
My i3 says average speed is 19mph, and my AT says 35mph. I do want the smaller wheels.
Even though my commute is 70% on a 65mph highway, it’s never close to that
 
Is there any way to have two lucid apps for the same Gravity. I set mine up when we picked up the Gravity this morning. We have been trying to set up a separate app for my wife to no avail. Any ideas help
 
Not in my case. My order pdf only has destination fee, no mention of documentation (or you can understand as no documentation fee :-)).
Mine has both.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3352.webp
    IMG_3352.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 121
Is there any way to have two lucid apps for the same Gravity. I set mine up when we picked up the Gravity this morning. We have been trying to set up a separate app for my wife to no avail. Any ideas help
As the SA taught us last December, my wife and I are both logged into one account on the app, with our phones linked to our profiles in the Air. I haven’t seen anything about Lucid changing this to connect two accounts to one vehicle
 
I picked my Gravity up this morning and I have been checking for updates since it was in production (yes about 50 times a day) staff at Lucid informed me this morning that updates could not be seen until car was Bluetooth to my phone and the Lucid app
Likewise. My DE is at the Roswell, GA service center. I see no updates and get the same error on the webpage.
 
Apparently the increased documentation fee is for orders of inventory cars. My SA offered merchandise credit to offset the fee increase.
Not true. Mine is a DE ordered months ago. I have an $800 docs fee.
 
Talked to my SA about the increase of documentation fee. He asked me if I have a screenshot of the original documentation fee when I made the order. Of course I don't have. Would appreciate if earlier buyers could share how much they paid for documentation fee, especially in New Jersey.
My original order (placed in February) showed a doc fee of $930. Final Pro Forma invoice with actual amount due and paid (in August) showed doc fee of $75.
 
Back
Top