Gravity Delivery Discussion

Good catch.
That’s an interesting “photo” from Lucid because it also clearly shows the button on side of seat that is used to slide the seat forward. Without sliders, that button is not needed as the lever or buttons in back can adjust the seat back…hmmm.
Good catch. That button shouldn’t be there if the seat doesn’t slide. If Lucid’s photo shows it on a 5-seater, either the image is mislabeled or the spec isn’t being followed. Definitely raises more questions.
 
I don’t think there’s a clean price threshold where annoyances suddenly become “unacceptable,” but I do think expectations scale with cost, especially when the brand promises a premium experience.

If I paid $30K for a car and the seat motors were loud or the specs didn’t match the website, I’d be annoyed but probably chalk it up to cost-cutting. At $50K, I’d expect better fit and finish. But at $100K+, I expect the basics to be dialed in, especially when it comes to configuration accuracy and mechanical refinement.

It’s not about expecting perfection. It’s about expecting that the car I ordered matches what was advertised, and that I don’t have to troubleshoot weird noises or wonder if my build was a mistake. The fact that the 5-seater was supposed to come without rails(at least according to the picture onLucid site) , and mine has them, plus a motor that sounds like it’s chewing gravel, feels more like a misbuild than a quirk.

So yeah, I don’t think money guarantees zero flaws. But it should guarantee accountability, and a product that doesn’t make you question whether you got the right version of the car.
I think that no matter what the price, people now days expect reliability. But at the lower price range people might accept less refinement.
 
I received my 5-seat Gravity, but I believe Lucid may have misrepresented the second-row seats. My car came with seat rails, and the back seats move forward when pressing the side button, which makes no sense for the 5-seat configuration. The motor makes an extremely loud and unpleasant noise when the seats move.

Lucid’s website shows that the 5-seater should not have rails (attached) , so this seems inconsistent. Additionally, there’s a persistent squeaking noise from the back seats while driving, which might be coming from that same motor.

I’m very disappointed — it’s a beautiful car, but issues like this are frustrating, especially when paying over $100,000.
I took a photo of my five-seater car next to the one Lucid advertises. The image on Lucid’s website is clearly photoshoped. I doubt they’ve actually produced any Gravities in that configuration. And that gap behind the second row? Completely useless. It’ll just collect dirt.
 

Attachments

  • 20251012_111326.webp
    20251012_111326.webp
    384.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot_20251011_222806_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20251011_222806_Chrome.webp
    114.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 20251012_111454.webp
    20251012_111454.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
I took a photo of my five-seater car next to the one Lucid advertises. The image on Lucid’s website is clearly photoshoped. I doubt they’ve actually produced any Gravities in that configuration. And that gap behind the second row? Completely useless. It’ll just collect dirt.
They have produced five seaters without the third row latches in trunk. But it’s not clear if/when/why they’d make a second row like the one in photo. They should just change the image on website to match what they make currently.
 
They have produced five seaters without the third row latches in trunk. But it’s not clear if/when/why they’d make a second row like the one in photo. They should just change the image on website to match what they make currently.
So true that they should do a lot of things.
An advisory group from the forum would definitely be so helpful, and I bet a low of owners would gladly lend their serices.
 
They have produced five seaters without the third row latches in trunk. But it’s not clear if/when/why they’d make a second row like the one in photo. They should just change the image on website to match what they make currently.
I mean, the answer seems fairly obvious - the site was the original design, and what’s in production is likely due to choices made at or near the production line once they realized they either didn’t get certain components in time, decided it was a better idea to streamline those seats for efficiency of creation, etc.

If you recall, in the first few months of Air, they produced many vehicles with the full SSP and DDP packages, and then gave folks 90-day trials of them. It confused a lot of people, but they did that (as I understand it) because it was literally cheaper and more efficient to simply produce more of the same car than it was to stop the line and re-fit it for a different set of components.

It didn’t last long, and I suspect something similar may happen here.
 
It’s very strange that Lucid would spend money on something unnecessary — the 5-seater doesn’t need rails or a motor. Such a waste. Someone on another forum suggested moving the second-row seat forward or backward, and that might help eliminate the squeak. I will try it tomorrow during the daylight
Going to disagree 100% here, the rear needs the rails and motor to be able to move and especially to be able to have the buttons at the liftgate to automatically fold that row flat for a cargo configuration. Otherwise you'd have to manually fold the second row down for that.
 
Going to disagree 100% here, the rear needs the rails and motor to be able to move and especially to be able to have the buttons at the liftgate to automatically fold that row flat for a cargo configuration. Otherwise you'd have to manually fold the second row down for that.
I certainly do want to be able to have the flat cargo floor with the 2nd row down. I guess I just assumed there was a 2nd row seat position that would be fine for both leg room and folding the seat down. I personally don't value the liftgate fold-down button, but I get that the luxury segment values motorizing things I don't care about. I raise and lower the 2nd row of my Highlander very regularly, and it's never bothered me to do so manually.
 
Going to disagree 100% here, the rear needs the rails and motor to be able to move and especially to be able to have the buttons at the liftgate to automatically fold that row flat for a cargo configuration. Otherwise you'd have to manually fold the second row down for that.
I am going to disagree with you. The second-row seats in the Gravity do not need to slide along the rails in order to fold flat in the 5-seat configuration.
 
I am going to disagree with you. The second-row seats in the Gravity do not need to slide along the rails in order to fold flat in the 5-seat configuration.

So you want a non-adjustable second row? I find the Lucid rails a bit inelegant but necessary for that row to be adjustable for passengers, cargo and to be able to fold flat because they're adjustable in the first place.
 
So you want a non-adjustable second row? I find the Lucid rails a bit inelegant but necessary for that row to be adjustable for passengers, cargo and to be able to fold flat because they're adjustable in the first place.
Yes, the second row doesn’t need to move forward, it can simply recline. As I mentioned, the seats fold flat without needing to move. The front seats adjust automatically, and the second-row movement is only intended for third-row access.
 
I received my 5-seat Gravity, but I believe Lucid may have misrepresented the second-row seats. My car came with seat rails, and the back seats move forward when pressing the side button, which makes no sense for the 5-seat configuration. The motor makes an extremely loud and unpleasant noise when the seats move.

Lucid’s website shows that the 5-seater should not have rails (attached) , so this seems inconsistent. Additionally, there’s a persistent squeaking noise from the back seats while driving, which might be coming from that same motor.

I’m very disappointed — it’s a beautiful car, but issues like this are frustrating, especially when paying over $100,000.
I was able to resolve squeaking noise by moving second row seat half way forward.
 
It doesn't appear that climate control functionality is available on Lucid app
Thats funy because I used it twice today to cool down the car before leaving the theatre. Scheduling however does not appear to be available.
 
Thats funy because I used it twice today to cool down the car before leaving the theatre. Scheduling however does not appear to be available.
Correct, no scheduling climate control - have to manually set climate before arriving to Gravity.
 
My SA advisor just called to let us know that after 2 months of the "asset" stage, we now have a batch number.
He's hoping production would start within this month, and delivery in 3-4 weeks.
"Definitely, before the end of the year." -- I would surely hope so for Lucid's bottom line.
Also learned that they have delivered a few Gravities with tech package here.
When asked if recent deliveries had problems with key fobs and HUD, he said not that he was aware.
 
Yes, the second row doesn’t need to move forward, it can simply recline. As I mentioned, the seats fold flat without needing to move. The front seats adjust automatically, and the second-row movement is only intended for third-row access.
The ability of the 2nd row to move forward gives you the option for EXTRA cargo room behind the 2nd row. If it were fixed, any objects bigger than the space behind would require the seats to be folded and would not be able to carry passengers. I see this as an alternative for a few use cases, but at least there is an option for it.
 
Back
Top